Does anyone know if next Monday is the last episode of blind auditions or will it continue on? From previous seasons I've always thought they did 10 episodes of blinds, however if it stops on Monday 8th that'll only be 8 episodes. I've also heard that they're reducing it to 2 nights a week starting next week so they have enough time to film and edit the playoffs/showdowns seeing as that hasn't been filmed yet. So interesting to see what they're gonna do with Kelly and George both unable to come back to Australia

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia:     Me reading all the whining from social media:    

Songs for tonight: Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith) Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus) Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (T

Tbh, Jesse is WAY too basic. Sorry not sorry

Posted Images

Posting this over from another forum: 

I went to the taping for the last episode of the Blinds and also the last Battle. A few thoughts:

• The studio was much smaller than I expected.
  • There is a lot of downtime between performances
  • The actual performances are pretty amazing – seems to be on par with what we have seen on TV so far
  • We were a bit confused at one point because we thought Guy's team was full but then he still pushed the button for someone. No one really seemed to know what was going on. I'm sure this will be edited smoothly I just remembered that Guy ends up with another team member. They paused for like 20 minutes while the producers discussed the logistics of it with everyone.
  • We did not see the hosts at all during the blinds.
  • Host Darren is quite a funny guy – often cracking jokes between filming
  • There was about 3 contestants who did not get to sing before the judges as the teams were full. The judges left and the singers still got to perform for us. They will be invited back next year (obviously not at the end of the queue).

Some minor spoilers

• We saw the battle for the mullet guy and he was great. I think he went through.
  • There is a guy in the blinds with a really deeeep voice who was incredible (possibly Bukhu? who has already appeared)
  • During the battles there will be somewhat of a controversy regarding a duo. We sat near one of the singer's families and it was interesting hearing what they were saying regarding this.

Overall it was a great experience. For all the semi-staged drama that goes on the actual performances were real.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

I went to the taping for the last episode of the Blinds and also the last Battle. A few thoughts:

• The actual performances are pretty amazing – seems to be on par with what we have seen on TV so far
  • We were a bit confused at one point because we thought Guy's team was full but then he still pushed the button for someone. No one really seemed to know what was going on. I'm sure this will be edited smoothly I just remembered that Guy ends up with another team member. They paused for like 20 minutes while the producers discussed the logistics of it with everyone.
  • There was about 3 contestants who did not get to sing before the judges as the teams were full. The judges left and the singers still got to perform for us. They will be invited back next year (obviously not at the end of the queue).

Some minor spoilers

• We saw the battle for the mullet guy and he was great. I think he went through.
  • There is a guy in the blinds with a really deeeep voice who was incredible (possibly Bukhu? who has already appeared)
  • During the battles there will be somewhat of a controversy regarding a duo. We sat near one of the singer's families and it was interesting hearing what they were saying regarding this.

Overall it was a great experience. For all the semi-staged drama that goes on the actual performances were real.

This is probably the first time we've gotten spoilers for a non-US version, thanks for the info! 🙂

It seems like the duo you're mentioning might be Bo'Ness? They're the only duo we know of so far.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rach88 said:

Some minor spoilers

Just to clarify, so they’re doing Battles after Blinds this season? Or they’re still going Blinds > KO > Battles?

9 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

This is probably the first time we've gotten spoilers for a non-US version, thanks for the info! 🙂

It seems like the duo you're mentioning might be Bo'Ness? They're the only duo we know of so far.

Haha I got it off someone else, but yes we hardly have any spoilers here in Aus. 

I'm not too sure about the duo but it does seem like we aren't getting many groups this year so Bo'Ness could be it - I heard that Kelly and Guy had an unresolved spat during the battles and they haven't seen each other since due to lockdown, and it was something to do with Guy's contestant so that could very much be about Bo'Ness. Otherwise, Bukhu is also quite controversial and I've heard that Guy pairs him up with someone who has a unique voice (possibly the lady who auditioned last night with the very strange tone)

6 minutes ago, longtimelurker said:

Just to clarify, so they’re doing Battles after Blinds this season? Or they’re still going Blinds > KO > Battles?

Definitely - from what I've seen on social media, the Blinds and Battles were filmed pre-COVID, and then they were going to film a new section called the 'Playoffs' and the 'Showdowns'. I have absolutely no idea what those are and how they are run.

Anyone know whether the Battles are between 2 or 3 contestants? When they used to do the Knockouts between 3 it would wipe away half the contestants, but if they're doing Battles between 2 people it would take quite a long time to get through everyone (24 performances in total). Maybe it's still between 3 but they're just naming it The Battles?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rach88 said:

Some minor spoilers

Thank for this! Can you tell us the forum where you got this from? 

And I am surprised that there are still battles. Did they refer to it as The Battles during the taping, or was this the new Showdown portion that was mentioned in the press releases? 4 distinct pretaped rounds seems a bit much to me, although it would give them time to create a game plan that would allow them to work around the pandemic.

Edited by mjdolorico
47 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Thank for this! Can you tell us the forum where you got this from? 

And I am surprised that there are still battles. Did they refer to it as The Battles during the taping, or was this the new Showdown portion that was mentioned in the press releases? 4 distinct pretaped rounds seems a bit much to me, although it would give them time to create a game plan that would allow them to work around the pandemic.

Battles are definitely the name for it - it was referred to as the Battles when audience tickets were announced. I think there was an article on the 9now website about the new Playoffs and Showdowns, however from what I know, the Playoffs were originally scheduled for 2 days of filming at the end of March, but obviously some of the coaches were still overseas so they had to do the 14-day quarantine and obviously filming then had to be delayed. No mention of the Showdowns and when it was supposed to be filmed, but it could possibly be a wildcard section? 

Episode 6

Angela Fabian - Amazing Grace, Turned Delta, George, and Kelly - Picked Team George

Elishia Semaan - Never Really Over by Katy Perry, Turned Delta -  Team Delta

Dylan Marguccio - I Want You Back by the Jackson 5,  - No Turns

Natalie Gauci - The Greatest by Sia, Guy and Delta turned - Picked Team Guy

Jessica Fraser - Don´t Stop Now by Dua Lipa, - No Turns

Paul Stevens - In My Life by the Beatles - No Turns

Xy Latu -  Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder, Everyone  turned  - Picked Team Guy

Team Guy Sebastian - 2 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Natalie Gauci

Xy Latu

Team Delta - 4 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Maddy Thomas

Elishia Semaan

Team Boy George - 5 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Caleb Jago Ward

Angela Fabian

Team Kelly - 6 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

Soma Sutton

Alex Weybury

Sunday 6/7:

Andy Dexterity

BoNess

Claudia Harrison

Em Mylott

Johnny Manuel

Lyric McFarland

Nicole Ferreira

Mon 6/8:

Mark Furze

Ricky Muscat

Likely this week (date unknown):

Graeme Isaako

Mason Lloyde

Nathan Isaac

Steve Clisby

• Like 1

Also realized I never got to rank the last episode:

1. Xy Latu (9/10) - Best of the night for me! He's a strong performer and so far he's the best on Guy's team in my opinion. That was fun and energetic.

2. Angela Fabian (8/10) - Beautiful voice! Hope she gets to go as far as possible on the show.

3. Natalie Gauci (7.5/10) - Obviously a great voice (she won Idol after all) but this was not a good song for her. At least it seems like everyone agrees with her. Not enough to make my team yet, but I can see her surprising us in the coming rounds.

4. Elishia Semaan (7/10) - I love this song, but it's not a song that shows off her vocals. She did as well with it as she could, but I don't see her making it past the next round without some miracle. She does remind me a lot of Karly Moreno though.

Xy's addition to my top 12 pushes Masha out, and I'm putting Angela on standby because I like her but wouldn't sub her for anyone in my top 12.

MY TEAM:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

2. Stellar Perry (Delta)

3. Janie Gordon (Delta

4. Matt Evans (Delta)

5. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

6. Xy Latu (Guy)

7. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

8. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

9. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

10. Matt Gresham (Delta)

11. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

12. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

ON STANDBY

13. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

14. Angela Fabian (George)

Episode 7

Claudia Harrison - Different Worlds by Maureen McGovern , Everyone Turned, - Picked Team Delta

Emma Mylott - Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaji, Only Kelly Turned - Team Kelly

Nicole Ferreira - TBA - NO TURNS

Bo´Ness - Dumb Things by Paul Kelly, Kelly and George turned - Picked Team Kelly

Lyric McFarland - Good as Hell by Lizzo and So Good by Destiny´s Child, Turned Kelly and George - Team Kelly

Andy Dexterity - Imagine by John Lennon, Everyone Turned - Picked Team George

Johnny Manuel - Home by Diana King, Everyone turned Blocked Kelly - Picked Team Guy

Team Guy Sebastian - 1 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Natalie Gauci

Xy Latu

Johnny Manuel

Team Delta - 3 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Maddy Thomas

Elishia Semaan

Claudia Harrison

Team Boy George - 4 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Caleb Jago Ward

Angela Fabian

Andy Dexterity

Team Kelly - 3 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

Soma Sutton

Alex Weybury

Emma Mylott

Bo´Ness

Lyric McFarland

Posted (edited)

I thought last night was really good! I would rank the new auditions as:

1. Johnny Manuel (A) He and Stellar are favorite by MILES

2.  Claudia Harrison (B) I thought her voice was really pretty, but a little lacking in horsepower. I think she might be paired up with Janie, and I think Janie would eat her whole

3.  Lyric McFarland (B-) She kinda reminded me of Toneshia from this last season of the Voice US, really good voice, kinda bland

4. Bo'Ness (C+) Fairly good, I don't know the original but I didn't like it all that much

5. Emma Mylott (C-) This song is fun, sexy, and sassy and I felt she sucked all of those things out of the song. Her voice wasn't bad, it just made a really exciting song, rather lackluster

6. Andy Dexterity (C-) There just wasn’t enough singing

My Team

1. Stellar Perry (Delta)

2. Johnny Manuel (Guy)

3. Caleb Jago Ward (George)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

5. Despina Savva (George)

6. Xy Latu (Guy)

7. Roxanne LeBrasse (George)

8. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

9. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

10. Jimi the Kween (Guy)

Fighting For Last Spots in No Order

- Lyric McFarland

- Adam Ludewig

- Luke Biscan

- Matt Gresham 

- Matt Evans

- Alex Weybury

- Angela Fabian

Edited by thevoiceswimmer
Posted (edited)

I like Johnny and Claudia from this episode. Johnny is a really good technical singer. Claudia sounded like an untrained opera singer, but she has a pretty tone and I love her 2nd song. 

Excited to see Mark Furze in the next episode, I hope he won't flop :haha:

Edited by Archanium

Andy's audition: https://vk.com/wall-36814189_12132

Emma's audition: https://vk.com/wall-36814189_12122

Nicole's audition (for those who want it):  https://vk.com/wall-36814189_12124

Johnny Manuel (9.5/10) - One of the standout vocal performances of the season so far. I like him more now than when he was on AGT.

Lyric McFarland (9/10) - Loved it! I appreciate the mix of the two tracks here and she's surely better than ever.

Bo'Ness (9/10) - I genuinely didn't anticipate me liking this as much as I did. Like Hello Sunday, there's clearly one (the one in red) that's better, but together they sounded really great on this song (that I'm otherwise not familiar with).

Claudia Harrison (8/10) - Like most of us (I assume), opera's not something I'm good at judging on a technical level, but I will say that I enjoyed her and hope she goes far!

Emma Mylott (7.5/10) - It was fine, nothing too special.

Andy Dexterity (7/10) - Obviously spectacular what he did and I appreciate him giving it a platform, but solely judging on his voice... the 20-something seconds he gave weren't that great.

MY TEAM:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

2. Stellar Perry (Delta)

3. Janie Gordon (Delta

4. Matt Evans (Delta)

5. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

6. Xy Latu (Guy)

7. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

8. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

9. Lyric McFarland (Kelly)

10. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

11. Matt Gresham (Delta)

12. Bo'Ness (Kelly)

ON STANDBY:

13. Johnny Manuel (Guy)

14. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

15. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

16. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

17. Angela Fabian (George)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Looking at the voice aus instagram, seems like Andy Dexterity got a backlash from the deaf community.

I'm reading the comments now and yikes.

Seems he's been at this for quite some time and he already had some hatred directed towards him...

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I'm reading the comments now and yikes.

Seems he's been at this for quite some time and he already had some hatred directed towards him...

Yeah just to add on to this bit, not only does the Voice Australia page hate him, but it seems that he’s hated period. On his personal Instagram most posts have comments turned off and the ones that do have only positive comments and then there it’s locked from more comments

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Johnny Manuel (9.5/10) - One of the standout vocal performances of the season so far. I like him more now than when he was on AGT.

Johnny's' voice is good, but this just proves the unfairness of all these 'All-Stars' competing against untrained amateur voices. He had his chance already on AGT (he even got a golden buzzer) but it didn't eventuate to much more except joining Hugh Sheridan's band.

His voice is quite theatrical and trained... from the comments from last night's episode he's a clear favourite but if he wins it's going to be another Diana Rouvas. Yes, her voice was amazing but has anyone heard anything from her since she won last year? Insert other media

It'll also be interesting to see how which contestants are pitted against each other for Battles/Playoffs - Guy has a team full of powerful voices (Adam the mullet guy and Johnny). Apparently there's some controversy with who he pairs up in the Battles and it causes a lot of arguments between him and Kelly. My guess is it's Bukhu and that girl who had the really creepy cursive voice