idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

14 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

me too, she pro mybe because she already win the voice that why people not accepting that

For me actually there's nothing wrong with it. She won waaaay back and from another country. It's not like Armenians can vote for her lol and also maybe she's not that known anymore idk, there's nothing wrong with it

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

For me actually there's nothing wrong with it. She won waaaay back and from another country. It's not like Armenians can vote for her lol and also maybe she's not that known anymore idk, there's nothing wrong with it

ya there nothing wrong with it, i stand with her even tho Australia do not accept her and i hope australia will accept her talent she deserve  it

Edited by stilinskies

Episode 4 rundown - better than last episode, but that's not saying much

1. Matt Gresham: that was terrific from start to finish, probably my second favorite audition so far (after Stellar's of course).

2. Matt Evans: the Matts are killing it tonight. His vocal was not perfect by any means but that was such a fun and interesting performance. 

3. Masha Mnoyjan: well obviously she's good technically, but I can no longer be impressed by that song anymore. Everyone just sings it the same way.

4. Kirby Burgess: very theatrical performance. Usually I'm a sucker for these kind of singers but she isn't doing it for me for some reason. In fact, the way she belts sorta annoys me. That last note is nowhere near as epic as the editting makes it out to be.

5. Siala Robson: not a fan of her genre, though the song did grow on me a bit towards the end. Kudos to her for performing an original song though.

6. Emmagen Rain: I can't stand precocious kid singers, but at least she made me remember how much I liked this song.

Tonight was really good imo.

1. Kirby Burgess (9.5/10) - Love theatrical performances. Might be biased because I love this song, but I thought her voice was fantastic. 

2. Masha Mnjoyan (9.5/10) - Not the biggest fan of the song choice, but her voice makes up for it. About time Kelly picks up someone who has a shot lol.

3. Matt Gresham (9/10) - The block mechanic is so awful, and I’m scared the US is going to adapt it. Nonetheless, perfect song choice for his voice. Could see him making a good run in the competition.

4. Siala Robson (8.5/10) - Lost me a bit towards the end, but her tone is really interesting, and that original was really well written.

5.  Matt Evans (8/10) - Not a kind of voice I havent heard a bunch of times before, but I can recognize he’s really talented.

6. Emmagen Rain (7/10) - I don’t think her voice is refined enough for the show yet. But I still thought she warranted a turn.

7. Jake Meywes (5/10) - Wouldn’t have minded if he got a chair turn, but I can see why he didn’t

1.Masha Mnjoyan (9/10) - Duh. She could've picked a more unique song, but her performance makes up for it. Not my personal favorite of the night, but the quality of her vocals make it hard for me to rank anyone else above it. Still do like her a ton though!

2. Matt Evans (9/10) - Frontman vibes for sure! It's bold and imperfect and one of my favorites of the night.

3. Matt Gresham (8.5/10) - A great tone! He was very strong in the performance and it should be interesting to see him with Delta. I see him going far.

4. Kirby Burgess (8/10) - April Rhodes > Stevie Budd > Kirby Burgess > the woman who sang this a few seasons ago. I do like some musical theatre and think she did a pretty solid version, although she'll need to dial down the theatre if she wants to last more than just the next round.

5. Siala Robson (7.5/10) - Originals are hit and miss for me on this show, I did like her original though! I'm intrigued and hope she does well in the coming rounds. Should be interesting to see what happens

6. Emmagen Rain (6/10) - Not Australia getting Miranda Lambert songs when the U.S. can't looool... Emmagen's obviously a few years away from being great, but for now, I don't see her making it far unless a coach steals her out of mercy.

My team so far:

1. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

2. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

3. Stellar Perry (Delta)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

5. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

6. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

7. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

8. Matt Evans (Delta)

9. Matt Gresham (Delta)

TL;DR - Delta stays winning

Masha had impecable vocals but I guess I expected a little more? They used the song's climax so much on promos that when she actually did it I didn't find it that impressive I guess lol but glad Kelly got a contender.

Don't really care for rappers or musical theater on the show but I guess Siala and Kirby were decent.

And personally I found Immagen to be very annoying and green, but that's to be expected from a 12yo lmao Delta needs some fodder anyway.

The Matts were my personal favorites tonight! Team Delta is still my favorite by a decent mile.

• Like 1

From tomorrow's preview I could only recognize Caleb Jago-Ward, and looks like Delta's getting blocked from getting him 😭

2 hours ago, dioko said:

From tomorrow's preview I could only recognize Caleb Jago-Ward, and looks like Delta's getting blocked from getting him 😭

Any link to it? Can't find it on any of their social medias. Caleb's the comeback artist I've been looking most forward to!

Team Guy Sebastian - 4 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Team Delta - 6 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Team Boy George - 7 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Team Kelly - 8 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Any link to it? Can't find it on any of their social medias. Caleb's the comeback artist I've been looking most forward to!

It's from the end of today's episode! I don't know if we can post these links but this site has links to watch/download the episodes a couple hours after it airs:

https://spectroworld.com/episodes/the-voice-australia-season-9-episode-4/

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

1.Masha Mnjoyan (9/10) - Duh. She could've picked a more unique song, but her performance makes up for it. Not my personal favorite of the night, but the quality of her vocals make it hard for me to rank anyone else above it. Still do like her a ton though!

2. Matt Evans (9/10) - Frontman vibes for sure! It's bold and imperfect and one of my favorites of the night.

3. Matt Gresham (8.5/10) - A great tone! He was very strong in the performance and it should be interesting to see him with Delta. I see him going far.

4. Kirby Burgess (8/10) - April Rhodes > Stevie Budd > Kirby Burgess > the woman who sang this a few seasons ago. I do like some musical theatre and think she did a pretty solid version, although she'll need to dial down the theatre if she wants to last more than just the next round.

5. Siala Robson (7.5/10) - Originals are hit and miss for me on this show, I did like her original though! I'm intrigued and hope she does well in the coming rounds. Should be interesting to see what happens

6. Emmagen Rain (6/10) - Not Australia getting Miranda Lambert songs when the U.S. can't looool... Emmagen's obviously a few years away from being great, but for now, I don't see her making it far unless a coach steals her out of mercy.

My team so far:

1. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

3. Stellar Perry (Delta)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

6. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

7. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

8. Matt Evans (Delta)

9. Matt Gresham (Delta)

TL;DR - Delta stays winning

Hahaha I definitely think Delta has the strongest team so far - the only problem is that battles and playoffs/showdowns always narrows it down to 4 contestants, and so far, I don't really see how she's gonna do that - most of the contestants on Team Delta have such unique voices that it's really hard to compare and choose someone when they're so different to each other.

I think Guy, Kelly, and to some extent, George, all have very strong performers that I know will definitely go right through to the finals, and they also have weak performers who I know will easily be dropped without any backlash - the theatrical girl from last night I can see being dropped straight away next round

6 hours ago, dioko said:

Oh gosh, he was on Team Delta last time!! That's gotta hurt for her

Episode 4 commentary!

SIALA ROBSON, 4 chairs, Team George

I see a lot of people say that she's basically an Aussie version of Zhavia Ward, which I think is apt, but I prefer Siala's tone to Zhavia. Not my genre at all, but she's definitely one of the better rappers that auditioned on this show so far. No chair for me though.

KIRBY BURGESS, Guy and Delta turned, Team Guy

Emily Hampshire completely owned this song and ruined other versions for me, but I will say I was entertained by this performance. I like me some unabashedly theatrical performers. I am interested to see what more she can bring to the table. Chair turn for MJ!

EMMAGEN RAIN, Only Delta turned, Team Delta

<OZTalent video to be followed>

When I first saw her IG, I thought she was gonna be like a Lucy Sugerman type, but I did not expect her to be country at all. Sadly, she is way too young to pull off Miranda Lambert. Maybe she needs to try more acoustic-driven female country songs? No chair.

MATT GRESHAM, Guy Blocked and Delta turned, Team Delta

Oh this is definitely an MJ-bait artist right here. Love his tone and his presence. I felt that the song ended too abruptly, but I am truly intrigued. Timothy may have met his match. Chair turn for MJ!

JAKE MEYWES, No chairs

I mean, he is obviously a Michael Buble clone, but I still enjoyed his voice and performance. He definitely was too laidback though, needed more swag and personality. No chair.

MATT EVANS, Delta, George and Kelly turned, Team Delta

I did not love this, honestly. Felt like there was too much posturing in this performance. And he was singing too low in parts of his performance that he got drowned out by the music. I think I need to hear him on a song that actually lets me hear more of his voice, because the start of the performance was definitely really cool. No chair.

MASHA MNJOYAN, All-Stars, 4 chairs, Team Kelly 

I mean, it was impressive vocally for sure, but why this song? It all just felt so bland. Diana Rouvas may be very similar to her, but at least Diana knows how to spice up her performances in a tasteful way, without coming off as showboat-y. I don't feel an ounce of soul in Masha's performance. I hope she finds a way to add more flavor to her songs, coz she is exactly the type of vocalist that thrives in this show. No chair.

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Stellar Perry (4 chairs, Team Delta)

2. Charlie McFarlane (2 chairs, Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowen (4 chairs, Team Guy)

4. Jesse Teinaki (4 chairs, Team Delta)

5. Kirby Burgess (2 chairs, Team Guy)

6. Matt Gresham (2 chairs, Team Delta)

Although I had a lot of criticisms on certain contestants, I enjoyed this episode a lot. Very eclectic mix of contestants. Variety has always been the strongest point of TVAU, and they are delivering on that front this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Emily Hampshire completely owned this song and ruined other versions for me, but I will say I was entertained by this performance. I like me some unabashedly theatrical performers. I am interested to see what more she can bring to the table. Chair turn for MJ!

Taste!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just so we're in the know, the confirmed air dates for some contestant's blinds:

Mon. June 1st

Alex Weybury

Bri Marsh

Caleb Jago-Ward

Maddy Thomas

Soma Sutton

Tues. June 2nd

Angela Fabian

Elishia

Jess Fraser

Xy Latu

Sun. June 7th

Bo'Ness

Nicole Ferreira

Mon. June 8th

Mark Furze

Presumed for either tonight (6/1) or tomorrow (6/2):

Natalie Gauci

Edited by Someone648

Posted (edited)

1. Masha Mnjoyan (A-) I really liked her, though it is a crazy overdone song. Especially after especially after Jake Zyrus’s version I don’t think anyone can compete (it’s not even auto tuned!!)

2. Matt Gresham (B) Really solid, though I feel we’ve heard his exact voice a lot of times

3. Matt Evans (B) Inconsistent but really interesting. I really look forward to his upcoming performances

4.  Kirby Burgess (B-) I agreed with Guy and Boy’s notes at the end about how theatrical it was, but she has a great voice 

5. Siala Robson (C-) Ik I am in the minority and kudos to her for doing an original, but thought that song was stupid. I felt I could hear that song on every wannabe SoundCloud rapper’s account

6. Emmagen Rain (D) I personally have trouble with young kid singers because they’re so green. Then she picked a song all about being angry and she has nothing to connect it too. Worst performance of the auditions so far

Edited by thevoiceswimmer

Night 5 Hype!

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (9.5/10) - This ranking was already decided from the time we realized he was an All-Star lol. He didn't disappoint and I love how he seems even more confident than ever!

2. Alex Weybury (8.5/10) - I liked him a lot! I think the only reason I didn't rank him higher is because he didn't do anything unpredictable with the song - which I feel you need to do if you're tackling such a well-known song.

3. Soma Sutton (8/10) - I've had to listen to this 5 times to decide if I actually like it lol. Turns out I do, but I can imagine being in the minority because her tone is definitely unusual and even with that, the performance wasn't perfect. I know for a fact I would've turned however, so by default I'm putting her on my team...

4. Maddy Thomas (7.5/10) - A young, untrained voice but there's something very unique in her tone that I haven't figured out yet. Glad she got a chair turn!

My team so far:

1. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

3. Stellar Perry (Delta)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

6. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

7. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

8. Matt Evans (Delta)

9. Matt Gresham (Delta)

10. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

11. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

12. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

With a full 12 names, I'm gonna have to start replacing names tomorrow :haha:

Lemme reorganize it into how I'd rank them for myself:

1. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

2. Stellar Perry (Delta)

3. Janie Gordon (Delta

4. Matt Evans (Delta)

5. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

6. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

7. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

8. Soma Sutton (Kelly)

9. Matt Gresham (Delta)

10. Alex Weybury (Kelly)

11. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

12. Masha Mnjoyan (Kelly)

Episode 5

All Star Caleb Jago Ward - Confide In Me by Kylie Minogue, Turned George,Guy and Delta  - Team George 

Carina Grace - It´s Raining Men by The Weather Girls, - No Turns

Georgia Caine - The River by Delta Goodrem, No Turns

Maddy Thomas - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart by Miley Cyrus and Mark Ronson, Delta, George, Kelly turned - Team Delta

Soma Sutton - Hello by Lionel Ritchie,  Guy, George, Kelly turned - Team Kelly

Joshua Jake - Happier by Ed Sheeran - No Turns

Alex Weybery - Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler, Everyone turned , Delta and Guy blocked - Team Kelly

Team Guy Sebastian - 4 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Kirby Burgess

Team Delta - 5 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Emmagen Rain

Matt Gresham 

Matt Evans

Maddy Thomas

Team Boy George - 6 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Siala Robson

Caleb Jago Ward

Team Kelly - 6 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

Masha Mnjoyan

Soma Sutton

Alex Weybury

Episode 5 rundown, lots of no-chairs this time. 

1. Caleb Jago-Ward: I'm rewatching season 4 as well as watching this season and boy was that a massive improvement! Loving his personality as well.

2. Alex Weybury: it was good, but not sure if it warranted 2 blocks, especially considering how stingy the coaches have been at doling them out.

3. Maddy Thomas: she's very green and it shows. I think she's slated to be an early cut.

4. Soma Sutton: her voice is so... weird? But not in a good way for me. She was visibly nervous so maybe that affected what her performance could have been. I do think she's capable of turning it out in later rounds given the right songs and coaching. 

Caleb was great! Reminded me of why he was a favorite of mine in that tragic season 4, and he's improved as well 🤧

Alex didn't really change anything up in the song but he's got a great tone!

Maddy has potencial but she's probably going to get lost in the mix on Delta's team unfortunately, I don't see her making it past next round unless another coach steals her.

Soma was... very weird. Yeah I didn't like that at all 🤢

Aside from Caleb this episode was very meh tbh.

Posted (edited)

Going to update when OZTalent uploads the other auditions.

1. Maddy Thomas (8.5/10) - Untrained voice and limited range, but her tone makes up for it. Don’t see her making it too far, though.

2. Alex Weybury (8/10) Not sure if 4 chair worthy, but I enjoyed it enough.

3. Caleb Jago-Ward (7.5/10) - Wasn’t the biggest fan in Season 4, and he’s better now, but still not too impressed.

4. Carina Grace (6/10) - I don’t disagree with her getting no chairs, but it was an entertaining performance.

5. Georgia Caine (4.5/10) - Was off-key at a lot of points. Don't blame them for not turning.

6. Soma Sutton (2/10) - Yeah, this was really bad. Unique isn’t always a good thing. Even disregarding the odd tone, the performance was sloppy all over.

Edited by indii

Episode 5 commentary! I did not comment on the 3 back-to-back no-chairs, maybe I'll edit my thoughts on them once OzTalent uploads their clips.

CALEB JAGO-WARD, All-Star, George, Delta and Guy turned, Team George

Another great theatrical performance! Love to see those on The Voice. Loving this new version of Caleb, and I died at his sass during the coach pitching. Very interested to see how he shakes up the game. Chair turn for MJ!

GEORGIA CAINE, No chairs

The start was decent, but Delta was right in saying she had trouble staying in the pocket of the song. If she nailed that part, I would have turned for her. She should come back. No chair.

MADDY THOMAS, Delta, George and Kelly turned, Team Delta

I can't get past her diction. Interesting tone though. No chair.

CARINA GRACE, No chairs

I mean..... the outfit says it all. This is pure cruise-ship kitsch. No chair.

SOMA SUTTON, Guy, George and Kelly turned, Team Kelly

She reminds me of a more affected version of Shana Halligan from TVUS14. I think I would have loved this a whole lot more if she chose a song that was more appropriate for her style of singing. Very interesting tone, but way too out there for me. No chair.

ALEX WEYBURY, 4 chairs, Guy and Delta BLOCKED, Team Kelly 

Am I the only one who absolutely loved this? I really digged the way he modified this iconic song into his style. I am honestly really impressed and I can't wait to see what he does on the show. Chair turn for MJ!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Stellar Perry (4 chairs, Team Delta)

2. Charlie McFarlane (2 chairs, Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowen (4 chairs, Team Guy)

4. Jesse Teinaki (4 chairs, Team Delta)

5. Kirby Burgess (2 chairs, Team Guy)

6. Matt Gresham (2 chairs, Team Delta)

7. Caleb Jago-Ward (3 chairs, Team George)

8. Alex Weybury (4 chairs, Team Kelly)

These episodes have been a lot better than last week's for me so far. Also, Alex has now the distinction of being the first double Block contestant across all The Voice franchises. Congrats I guess?? LOL. This new Block twist is trash, honestly.

Posted (edited)

Updated:

Tues. June 2nd

Angela Fabian

Elishia

Jess Fraser

Natalie Gauci

Xy Latu

Sun. June 7th

Bo'Ness

Claudia Harrison

Em Mylott