idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

3 minutes ago, dioko said:

I looved jesse but I may be a little bias since he was a favorite of mine from last season, and lmao at team delta being all my favs

and bukhu... was not my cup of tea 😥

Yeah same Jesse coming back was so bittersweet, especially at the reminder of Natasha's passing away - Bukhu was definitely interesting and nothing seen before on The Voice, however I don't see him doing a Sam Perry and winning the whole thing. I can see him making it possibly through to the finals however it depends on how the public think of him and whether he can do something different. It's hard to put him up with other singers during the Battles because his style is so unique, and the singing with two notes is fascinating but when that is all he does for the rest of his performances it may be a little tiring

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

only boy george turn

I thought I had seen guy's chair lit up but you're right my bad 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Yeah same Jesse coming back was so bittersweet, especially at the reminder of Natasha's passing away - Bukhu was definitely interesting and nothing seen before on The Voice, however I don't see him doing a Sam Perry and winning the whole thing. I can see him making it possibly through to the finals however it depends on how the public think of him and whether he can do something different. It's hard to put him up with other singers during the Battles because his style is so unique, and the singing with two notes is fascinating but when that is all he does for the rest of his performances it may be a little tiring

Yeah I don't see him pulling a Sam either, but it will be interesting to see how he progresses and what songs he will sing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dioko said:

ya me too for first time i saw i thought guys also turn chair but when i repeat video only boy turn

• Like 1

they don't seem to be using the block feature much despite having 2 blocks each. 

• Like 2

Episode 3 rundown. Kinda a meh episode for me though.

1. Ella Monnery: her voice was surprisingly ear-popping. She’s like the girl who sang The Middle last episode but wayyy more refined.

2. Luke Biscan: I like the fresh song choice, his voice is decent too

3. Jesse Teinaki: it’s so weird, his audition last year was much better imo yet he only got half the chair turns for that. He’s much stronger in his full chest voice than his falsetto. I’d want him to stick to more uptempo or midtempo songs going forward.

4. Bukhu Ganburged: the throat singing was impressive indeed, but it feels a bit gimmicky. Hopefully he won’t use that in every song. Polyphonic singing aside, I don’t think his natural voice is anything worth going crazy about. The coaches were obviously turning quickly out of curiosity.

5. Sebastian Coe: I was not expecting this to get a turn.

Also, is it just me or that girl who sang Video Games sounded almost exactly like Lorde?? I’d love at least a chair to turn for her.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Episode 3 commentaries incoming!

JESSE TEINAKI, All-Star, 4 chair turn, Team Delta

I gotta be honest, I'm not loving how he slowed down the song to a dirge at the start of the song, it felt that he was trying too hard to sound.... emotional I guess? But the second half of the song was SO MUCH BETTER, he brought back the edge that I loved from his voice in the first place. He needs to stop trying too hard like Guy pointed out and just let his voice soar. I hope he settles his unfinished business with Delta on his side. Chair turn for MJ!

LUKE BISCAN, Kelly and Guy turned Team Guy

I liked the cry in his voice when he got into the chorus (love this song BTW), but.... I can't get behind the rest of the performance. There's no sense of urgency in it. No chair.

SEBASTIAN COE, Only George turned, Team George

Yeah, all I remembered from this performance is the split. He's less annoying here than in TVAU Kids, I guess? No chair.

ELLA MONNERY, Delta, Kelly and George turned, Team Kelly

I felt like we've seen the third variation of this type of female singer for three straight nights already? Despina, Stephanie, now Ella. I will say Ella's the best out of the three. No chair for me still.

OLIVIA KELLY, No chairs

This performance is the closest we'll get to recreating what would happen if Billie Eilish auditioned for The Voice. Interesting tone, too bad the nerves got to her. No chair.

BUKHU GANBURGED, 4 chair turn, Team Guy

I acknowledge that what this guy does is culturally significant, and I don't want to take away from it, but this is just not for me. For some reason, the throat singing was higher pitched than I was expecting, and it did not sound pleasant. Normal singing was OK, but I can't get past the bizarre throat singing. No chair.

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Stellar Perry (4 chairs, Team Delta)

2. Charlie McFarlane (2 chairs, Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowen (4 chairs, Team Guy)

4. Jesse Teinaki (4 chairs, Team Delta)

Very meh night. Hope next week will be better. Not a fan of them shoving Team Guy down at our throats too.

Edited by mjdolorico

Fodder episode? 

I like Jesse's audition the most in this episode, though it's not as great as Max Boyle's version. 

I enjoyed Bukhu's performance to some degree, at least it was interesting. 

Ella Monnery was good, but nothing interesting 

Luke Biscan, he's okay. Imagine if he insisted to pick Kelly after that comment :lmao:

I don't have anything nice to say about Sebastian Coe's performance.

• Like 1

EPISODE 3 (Rankings (for me)):

1. Jesse Teinaki (Team Delta)- uh his falsetto doesn't sound good and strong enough for him to slow down the song a bit. I hate how he only turned 2 chairs last year but 4 chairs this year, while his audition last year (Youngblood) is much stronger than this. I can't help but compare his performance to Max, his performance is meh compared to him. But I do love what he can do with his voice though! I love his edginess and boyband thing going on with his aura, I really think that with Delta's coaching, he'll go far.

2. Ella Monnery (Team Kelly)- I love her performance, she's like Despina and Stephanie but is way more matured and refined as a singer, maybe because of her age experience, or whatever. But she really needs more coaching though, her vocal projection isn't still that strong, let's see how it goes.

3. Bukhu Ganburged (Team Guy)- I think they're making it look like this is Sam Perry version 2.0, can't believe I'm saying this, but Sam is more interesting to watch, this is interesting at first but thinking of it, it'll probably get more and more boring if he continues with that way of performing (nothing against it though but he needs to step up in order to catch Australia's full attention).

4. Luke Biscan (Team Guy)- I love the emotion in his voice, I also love his backstory. But I think he's just a fodder though 😬

5. Sebastian Coe (Team George)- honestly, can't believe he got a chair turned. I think George's team will be strong this year, so this guy will automatically be a fodder.

Overall, this is actually a weak premier week to start. Yeah there is some great talents but IDK something's lacking for me compared to last season. The only good day for me is Monday's show and that's it. Hoping for good talents next week though, fingers crossed.

Team Standings (for Team A-Kid)

1. Stellar Perry (Team Delta)

2. Chris Sebastian (Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowden (Team Guy)

4. Jesse Teinaki (Team Delta)

• Like 1

Jesse Teinaki (A-) : He's gotten a lot better! Not a perfect performance and there's still room for improvement, but as a whole, this was captivating. I preferred his version to Max Boyle's for sure.

Bukhu (A-) : I have to show respect for this! It caught me completely off guard and it's mesmerizing. I loved it. Not sure how he'd fit in with the show in future rounds. I'd likely turn out of respect, but wouldn't fight hard for him because I wouldn't even know where to begin with him.

Luke Biscan (B) : Also solid, but he might get lost in the shuffle.

Ella Monnery (B-) : It was good, but not sure she stands out quite yet.

Sebastian Coe (C) : Nice enough kid and wish him the best. Don't see him making it far though, he needs a couple more years.

My team so far:

1. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

2. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

3. Stellar Perry (Delta)

4. Janie Gordon (Delta)

5. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

6. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

So pretty much, Delta's starting off with a STRONG team, George and Guy are full of some fodder so far, and Kelly's still barely starting out. Looking forward to next week!

• Like 1

Episode 3

All Star Jesse Teinaki - When´s the Party´s Over, Everyone Turned - Picked Team Delta

Phoebe Jay -  TBA - No Chairs

Luke Biscan - Resolution by Matt Corby, Guy and Kelly turned - Picked Team Guy

Sebatian Coe - Sucker by the Jonas Brothers, Boy George turned - Picked Boy George

Ella Monnery - Higher Love by Steve Winwood, Delta,Boy George, and Kelly turned - Picked Team Kelly

Olivia Kelly - Video Games by Lana Del Rey - No Chairs

Bukhu Ganburged - Father and Son by Cat Stevens - Everyone Turned - Picked Team Guy

Team Guy Sebastian - 5 more

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Luke Biscan

Bukhu Ganburged

Team Delta - 9 more

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Jesse Teinaki

Team Boy George - 8 more

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Sebastian Coe

Team Kelly - 9 more 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Ella Monnery

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

they don't seem to be using the block feature much despite having 2 blocks each. 

My guess is that they're gonna be used up very quickly in an episode - I've also seen through the promos that both Delta and Guy were blocked for the same contestant.  I reckon the block will most likely be wasted towards the end and won't be as much of a strategy than just for entertainment purposes. George says both his blocks were not used well, so I'm guessing the contestants went with one of the other coaches rather than him even though he used the block button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

1. Jesse Teniaki (9.5/10) - He's improved trememdously! Hope he makes it farther than he did last season. Crazy how Delta has the three best contestants of this season so far.

2. Ella Monnery (8/10) - Might not be anything too unique, but she has a great voice. Probably going in the knockouts, though.

3. Olivia Kelly (8/10) - Can't believe she didn't get a turn. A few pitchy moments, but her tone is fantastic. With some coaching, she could've made it really far.

4. Luke Biscan (7.5/10) - Solid audition, I doubt he'll make it very far but I enjoyed this one.

5. Bukhu Ganburged (5/10) - Cool to have an artist like him on the show, but wasn't a fan of this. The throat singing stopped me from enjoying the performance like I wished I could've.

6. Sebastian Coe (3.5/10) - He got a turn and Olivia didn't?

Overall, not crazy impressed with this week, but wasn't a bad way to kick off the season. Got a few people I'm really going to be rooting for later on. (mainly Despina, Roxane, Stellar, Chris, Janie, and Jesse)

Edited by indii
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

So far only one block have been use throughout the 3 episode I do wonder if they would use all the blocks but they have 8 blocks altogether when the judges combine this season which is a lot though

Episode 3 Rankings-

1. Jesse Teinaki (B+)

2. Luke Biscan (B+)

3. Ella Monery (B)

5. Bakhu (C+)

I actually can't find a full video of Sebastian's of audition, where can I watch it?

11 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Episode 3 Rankings-

1. Jesse Teinaki (B+)

2. Luke Biscan (B+)

3. Ella Monery (B)

5. Bakhu (C+)

I actually can't find a full video of Sebastian's of audition, where can I watch it?

It got uploaded a lot later

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It got uploaded a lot later

Thank you! I liked his vibe and Delta dropping the expletive was really funny. C+ for me

thevoiceswimmer team standings

1. Stellar Perry

2. Roxanne Lebrasse 

3. Jannie Gordon 

4. Jesse Teinaki

5. Despina Savva (unpopular but I like her a lot)

I discovered a Voice panel blog that uploaded the entire first eight seasons of The Voice Australia, and it is also currently uploading the current season! Bookmark this blog if you want to get your fix of TVAU!

All current seasons of TVAU up until S09E03: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALS21hTUc8jX2LU&id=A5E6C42E330252BB!56065&cid=A5E6C42E330252BB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I discovered a Voice panel blog that uploaded the entire first eight seasons of The Voice Australia, and it is also currently uploading the current season! Bookmark this blog if you want to get your fix of TVAU!

All current seasons of TVAU up until S09E03: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALS21hTUc8jX2LU&id=A5E6C42E330252BB!56065&cid=A5E6C42E330252BB

Yessss this means I can finally watch season 6 lol.

Thank you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Thank You!

While on the topic of old seasons, what is your ranking for the Voice AU winners?

Mine is-

Anja Nissen (I think the Anja is the perfect big voiced pop singer. She did big diva ballads to show off her voice, then slip in some modern uptempo songs to prove she was modern and her songs were unexpected. Like I never in a million years would have expected to do "His Eye is On the Sparrow" but she killed it)

Karise Eden (From her first performance she had me hooked)

Diana Rouvas (The best singer of the bunch, but for me there was a lack of shock factor. Like every single song she did was super obvious and I could predict everything she was going to do, but damn did she nail it anyways)

Harrison Craig (My grandma loves crooners, so he had a nostalgia factor to me, but I also really liked his growth arc and voice nostalgia aside)

Sam Perry (Weakest SINGER of the bunch, but he was really unique)

Alfie Arcuri (Solid, soothing tone, if a little bland)

Judah Kelly (His singing was fine, but every time he talked I wanted to jump out a window)

Ellie Drenan (I just didn't enjoy the tone of her voice at all)

5 hours ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

While on the topic of old seasons, what is your ranking for the Voice AU winners?

I have only watched TVAUS since Alfie so yeah here it is:

1. Judah Kelly- his voice is just so amazing for me, that range he have is astonishing, I also love how her performs every time.

2. Alfie Arcuri- I love his voice so much, even more than Judah because he's not the typical belter winner or what and he is so unique. But sometimes his song choices are boring so yeah.

3. Diana Rouvas- out of all these 4, she's technically the best singer. But her choices is really predictable, even how she sings, it seems like it is not genuine. She's just all technical for me, I don't feel her emotions when she sings 😬

4. Sam Perry- man he's really the most interesting guy ever that have joined the show but for me it isn't enough to be titled as the winner. I would've preffered Bella, Aydan, or Sheldon to win in his season, not him 😐

On 5/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Someone648 said:

If you use a VPN you can probably access through the main website: https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice

Otherwise, OZTalent has been posting the full auditions + coach commentary a couple hours after the show airs (sometimes delayed, sometimes they delete and reupload - but they're reliable and have been doing really well for the past few seasons)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHvl7-1_5kQgM0wqif9aASA

And here's the official Youtube channel - they just have the blinds alone posted/no coach commentary, but they have a lot of extras, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVoiceAustralia

Thank U Laughing GIF by Pusheen

Posted (edited)

Episode 4

All Star Masha Mnjoyan - All By Myself by celine dion, Everyone Turned - Picked Team Kelly

Matt Evans -  Need You tonight By inxs,Delta,Boy George, and Kelly turned,  - Picked Team Delta

Kirby Burgess - Maybe This Time by Matt Corby, Guy and Kelly turned - Picked Team Guy

Emmagen Rain - Something Bad by Miranda Lambert, only Delta  turned - Picked Boy George

Matt Gresham -Bruises by Lewis Capaldi, Delta,Guy block, and Kelly turned - Picked Team Delta

Siala Robson -  Other Than You  her original song, Everyone Turned - Picked Team Boy George

Jake Meywes - Feeling Good  by Michael BubleNo Chairs

Edited by stilinskies

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Of all the belters, I actually really liked Masha, but others are not accepting her that much 😬

me too, she pro mybe because she already win the voice that why people not accepting that