The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

14 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I think some of Chris' votes would've definitely shifted to Jesse, but the split would've been so much that whoever was actually second place could've ended up winning.

I wonder if they’ll release the finalist placements eventually

7 hours ago, rp3598 said:

I wonder if they’ll release the finalist placements eventually

Unfortunately I don't think they'll do it - if they were going to release the placings it would've been done on the night or the next day. I think the most we'll ever know about it is that there was less then 0.5% difference between 1st and 2nd place

1 hour ago, Rach88 said:

Unfortunately I don't think they'll do it - if they were going to release the placings it would've been done on the night or the next day. I think the most we'll ever know about it is that there was less then 0.5% difference between 1st and 2nd place

For the U.S. version this season we didn't find out about the 2nd/3rd place until like a week after.

• Like 1

I think for us in Aus it's more of an 'out of sight, out of mind' thing. For all the controversy and backlash Chris got earlier this week, I think most people in Australia have already forgotten about it and moved on. 

Unless Channel 9 want to create more 'drama' in order to stay relevant, I don't think they're planning on releasing results this week. 

30 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

I think for us in Aus it's more of an 'out of sight, out of mind' thing. For all the controversy and backlash Chris got earlier this week, I think most people in Australia have already forgotten about it and moved on. 

Unless Channel 9 want to create more 'drama' in order to stay relevant, I don't think they're planning on releasing results this week. 

Maybe because you wanted to forget about it.

I can't believe Chris won lmao, I checked out mentally from The Voice Aus after that, has there ever been a more underwhelming winner? 

17 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

Maybe because you wanted to forget about it.

Haha that's true - people were joking that this is the longest we've remembered a Voice winner, purely because of the controversy surrounding a coach's brother winning the show.

I read somewhere that the 'loophole' is that All-Stars don't have to go through the application process (which clearly states you can't be related to any employees, etc.) as they get asked back, which is why Chris was able to compete this season. Also interesting is that Chris was apparently asked to come back last year, but Guy wanted to 'settle' in to the show seeing as it was his first year as a coach. 

According to this person who knows someone working for The Voice, apparently it all 'came down to a handful of votes in the last few minutes' - poor Siala just missed out.

That's a bit of a surprise to me .... judging by everyone's comments on social media, Johnny seemed to get quite a lot of support (many said 'Johnny was robbed' on Instagram post announcing the winner). It seems his support didn't translate to votes though...

4 hours ago, Rach88 said:

According to this person who knows someone working for The Voice, apparently it all 'came down to a handful of votes in the last few minutes' - poor Siala just missed out.

That's a bit of a surprise to me .... judging by everyone's comments on social media, Johnny seemed to get quite a lot of support (many said 'Johnny was robbed' on Instagram post announcing the winner). It seems his support didn't translate to votes though...

Do we know the placements for sure?

6 hours ago, Rach88 said:

He’s not Australian and that may have played a part.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:20 PM, antikid said:

Do we know the placements for sure?

Unfortunately not, and I don't think they'll tell us either - I think we can gather from what that person has said that the places would've been:

1. Chris        2. Siala         3. Johnny            4. Stellar

On 7/28/2020 at 10:37 PM, AngelaKD said:

He’s not Australian and that may have played a part.

I never thought about how that could affect votes!!! You could be right - of course, social media only captures a small picture of what the audience likes. Seeing as The Voice tends to have an older audience, many wouldn't be on Instagram/Twitter that are voting. I know when I played the performances to my mum she thought it was strange that an American was competing on The Voice Australia

• 5 weeks later...

The Voice could potentially be axed by Nine – chief executive Hugh Marks says cost-cutting might see the end of expensive TV productions. He referred to The Voice as an example, but Nine had made no decisions about its future TV programming.

Apparently The Voice costs $40 mil/year to produce – The Block is only 1/3 of that cost per hour yet delivers equivalent ratings.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/aug/27/nine-entertainment-reports-575m-loss-after-disappointing-year

Edited by Rach88
  • Sad 2

On 8/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, Rach88 said:

The Voice could potentially be axed by Nine

Okay so it's been confirmed that Nine is no longer airing the show, however Channel 7 has swooped in and will now be airing The Voice in 2021! 

It'll definitely be interesting to see what they do - Sonia Kruger is back hosting the show and from the sounds of it they want a new coaching panel.

It'll also be a 'leaner' production - they want to go from the blind auditions straight to the semi-finals, so it'll be a much shorter season. Tbh this is just more proof that The Voice is purely a reality show and not really for the 'talent', because it's looking more and more like Got Talent (I'm guessing coaches won't really be acting as mentors if they cut the entire process and go straight to the semi-finals)

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Rach88 said:

It'll also be a 'leaner' production - they want to go from the blind auditions straight to the semi-finals, so it'll be a much shorter season. Tbh this is just more proof that The Voice is purely a reality show and not really for the 'talent', because it's looking more and more like Got Talent (I'm guessing coaches won't really be acting as mentors if they cut the entire process and go straight to the semi-finals)

I would hope that they wouldn't dispatch the Battles and Knockouts.  Those are essential.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, Rach88 said:

Okay so it's been confirmed that Nine is no longer airing the show, however Channel 7 has swooped in and will now be airing The Voice in 2021! 

It'll definitely be interesting to see what they do - Sonia Kruger is back hosting the show and from the sounds of it they want a new coaching panel.

tenor.gif

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rodney said:

I would hope that they wouldn't dispatch the Battles and Knockouts.  Those are essential.

From what the 7 CEO was saying, he wants it to go from the blind auditions straight to the semi-finals. I think from a cost-cutting measure, it makes sense because the blinds rate the best, and then viewers usually tune out after that. It's like they don't even care about pleasing the public anymore about the show 'being all about the contestants and discovering new talent'. They're stating point-blank that it's a reality show and they're turning it more in Got Talent where it's more about entertainment.

Expect the coaching panel to be an all-Aussie line-up (and most likely all new faces): it'll greatly reduce costs because they won't have to pay for flights and accommodation, plus new faces means there's more room to negotiate salaries at a much lower cost.

It's so sad that Kelly and George didn't get a proper farewell - they spent half of their last season on The Voice on-screen virtually (I'll miss Kelta too!!)

• 1 month later...