idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Idol Maniac

American Idol Season 18 Top 5 Spoilers

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I just anticipate my favourite going every week so I'm prepared when it finally happens. :haha: I'm glad Sam made it, though. Hopefully her or Francisco win.

I hope so too.

10 hours ago, holinessss said:
T7 ~12hr Power Ranking (Overall)
Contestant Disney Mother's Day Power
Arthur Gunn 1.78 1.00 1.39
Francisco Martin 2.22 2.78 2.50
Sam Diaz 3.44 3.22 3.33
Dillon James 5.11 4.78 4.94
Jonny West 5.00 4.89 4.94
Julia Gargano 5.44 5.11 5.28
Louis Knight 4.78 5.89 5.33

so this week, the results decided to follow the overall stats (not just the insta stats like the past results) - though i did add 4 more categories and combining two performances might have did something to it idk lol

francisco is closing the gap slowly but surely, though idk if 1 finale show is enough to overtake arthur...especially if arthur reprises have you ever seen the rain for the umpteenth time

1 minute ago, holinessss said:

so this week, the results decided to follow the overall stats (not just the insta stats like the past results) - though i did add 4 more categories and combining two performances might have did something to it idk lol

francisco is closing the gap slowly but surely, though idk if 1 finale show is enough to overtake arthur...especially if arthur reprises have you ever seen the rain for the umpteenth time

If Arthur wins, Idol deserves to be cancelled. I'm not exaggerating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

i added the twitter stats and for once he wasn't #1 in all of them - twitter do your thing girl! lol

Would Simon Cowell like Arthur ?

the chosen one usually doesn’t win idol 

so hopefully we get an upset in the finale 

3 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Would Simon Cowell like Arthur ?

the chosen one usually doesn’t win idol 

so hopefully we get an upset in the finale 

He is not the chosen one though. Francisco clearly is. They are pulling out all the stops for him to win. Arthur is just really popular with the audience.

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

All three of the reboot's seasons have been underwhelming anyways. Wouldn't mind it being canceled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeem said:

This is Youtube views from yesterday. Lets see if it matches.

Total:

1. Arthur Gunn: 685k
2. Francisco Martin: 281k
3. Jonny West: 184k

4. Just Sam: 176k
5. Dillon James: 149k
6. Julia Gargano: 139k
7. Louis Knight: 111k

Accurate.

I wouldn't mind a Nepali immigrant with a heavy accent winning American Idol,  would be a nice change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wgm said:

Fake list. not going to happen. Let Idol decide, and ruining the results before the finale. 

What do you mean fake list? Was it a fake list every other time lol

2 hours ago, wgm said:

Fake list. not going to happen. Let Idol decide, and ruining the results before the finale. 

It's definitely not fake.

I'm really sad :( I love Louis!

I'm rooting for a Just Sam and Francisco Top 2 and I'd be happy with either one winning, but think a Francisco win would be cool.

8 hours ago, joe14 said:

He is not the chosen one though. Francisco clearly is. They are pulling out all the stops for him to win. Arthur is just really popular with the audience.

If Arthur is popular with audiences, he stands a better chance of having some kind of following after the show.  And that's what matters.  Not a title.  Ask Gabby and Alejandro. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

If Arthur is popular with audiences, he stands a better chance of having some kind of following after the show.  And that's what matters.  Not a title.  Ask Gabby and Alejandro. 

Lol what exactly has Alejandro done. I'm genuinely curious. 

Honestly, Gabby had a well written, marketable song paired with label support. I don't necessarily think she was the most popular on the show. I really do not think the American Idol audience is still carrying Gabby's career. She probably gained some country fans who didn't even know her from American Idol. Plus, it's just one song. We need to see if this translates to album sales or future success. 

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Honestly, Gabby had a well written, marketable song paired with label support. I don't necessarily think she was the most popular on the show. I really do not think the American Idol audience is still carrying Gabby's career. She probably gained some country fans who didn't even know her from American Idol. Plus, it's just one song. We need to see if this translates to album sales or future success. 

Not necessarily true for Gabby's case. When she first dropped the song in March last year, it quickly picked up on youtube views because of her dedicated fanbase and it's a very good song as well. That's how she got into the radar of the label and got signed. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Idol hasn't produced a successful winner since 2012.  That was 8 years ago.  The days of Idol and the big careers are long over.  And Idol fans are now quicker to move on once the show is over.  Last year at this time, it was Laine this, Laine that.  Now it's Crickets.

Edited by mytake1

Just now, mytake1 said:

Idol hasn't produced a successful winner since 2012.  That was 8 years ago.  The days of Idol producing the big careers are long over.  And Idol fans are quicker to move on once the show is over.

I mean they haven't exactly produced successful runner ups, 3rd place finishers etc. so I'm l'm not understanding your argument. You still haven't pointed me to what Alejandro has done that has been so great.

22 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

Not necessarily true for Gabby's case. When she first dropped the song in March last year, it quickly picked up on youtube views because of her dedicated fanbase and it's a very good song as well. That's how she got into the radar of the label and got signed. 

I mean yeah she obviously picked up fans from the show but I mean compared to the million of viewers (audience) who tune in, i'm pretty sure not that many people decided to keep up with her career after her show. She definitely had a loyal fanbase though. However, I would say her success also has a lot to do with the fans she picked up after the show. Pair that with label support (at a time her video was always played as a youtube ad) and the good song, she was able to get it to the top 20. Like I said, one song does not make a career. It all depends what happens from here. Lauren Alaina had success following the show but had a five year period where the fans from the show left her behind and she had to basically rebuild. 

My initial point that Gabby was not the most popular with the audience. If that was the case, she probably would have placed higher than 3rd. She probably had the most loyal and vocal fanbase which is different.

not sure why Alejandro is being used as an example of success, even Maddie & Laine have more monthly Spotify listeners than him.

5 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

not sure why Alejandro is being used as an example of success, even Maddie & Laine have more monthly Spotify listeners than him.

He's the only one who is making any real money.  He's had sold out headlining Summer and  Fall tours, playing to audiences of between 1k - 2k.  He has been book to tour overseas.  When he played Lollapalooza last summer, the Grammy folks singled out his performance.  He got the attention of Stevie Nicks, who is a big fan.  This doesn't make him a star, but what have Maddie and Laine done in generating buzz?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wgm said:

:dead:

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

:dead:

That font comes into the spoiler threads and says that every week so I'm sure he is trolling at this point. 

• Like 1