AI S18 On With the Show: Season Finale

istersay

6 minutes ago, blackfield said:

I actually felt bad for Sam not having anyone to celebrate with her. really idol!? couldn't afford to bring her grandmother and keep her safe and isolated so she can be with her!? 

Really Idol???  It has nothing to do with money.  There is a pandemic.  Sam's grandmother is high risk.  They are from the highest risk state in the country.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, blackfield said:

I actually felt bad for Sam not having anyone to celebrate with her. really idol!? couldn't afford to bring her grandmother and keep her safe and isolated so she can be with her!? 

The reason Sam was by herself is because she chose to stay in California to self-isolate, which Idol paid for, as a precaution to keep from getting her grandmother ill?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Really Idol???  It has nothing to do with money.  There is a pandemic.  Sam's grandmother is high risk.  They are from the highest risk state in the country.

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The reason Sam was by herself is because she chose to stay in California to self-isolate, which Idol paid for, as a precaution to keep from getting her grandmother ill?

guess you both missed the part where I wrote "keep her safe and isolated". there are ways to bring her to LA w/o taking risks with the pandemic. and I am sure money is not an issue for the show..

another option is that some of the stuff or the production could have come and be with Sam for that moment..

Edited by blackfield

And you missed the part where Sam was purposefully staying by herself in Los Angeles so she didn't run the risk of getting her grandmother sick. If she wanted her grandmother in person with her, it would've happened, but she clearly felt it was better safe to keep them separated.

21 minutes ago, blackfield said:

guess you both missed the part where I wrote "keep her safe and isolated". there are ways to bring her to LA w/o taking risks with the pandemic. and I am sure money is not an issue for the show..

another option is that some of the stuff or the production could have come and be with Sam for that moment..

NY has very strict shelter in place guidelines.  It is not worth it to drag someone who is high risk across the country.  And what if Sam had lost?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Which is the smart and responsible thing to do. Pandemic > Idol. No brainier. Peoples lives > Idol. No brainier.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blackfield said:

ok, so i understand why they didn't bother bringing her grandmother and get someone from the production, even one person or two people who helped her set the apartment for the show.. so she won't be alone.. 

What if she had lost?  She's not the only person to not be with their loved ones during a pandemic. 

9 minutes ago, blackfield said:

ok, so i understand why they didn't bother bringing her grandmother and get someone from the production, even one person or two people who helped her set the apartment for the show.. so she won't be alone.. 

I think sending a person or two from production would have made is suspicious since they have never done it before. It would have given away the fact that she made the Top 2 or won.

10 hours ago, blackfield said:

I felt bad too, but I would have done what Just Sam did and stayed in LA.  Her grandmother was in a high risk category (so is my mom) and she came from New York City, which was a place hit very hard by the coronavirus.  Health and safety first has always been my motto so I was fine with Just Sam staying in LA to protect her grandmother.  At least now she can go home and give her grandmother a big hug.  😁

Edited by CarmenSandiego

19 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I felt bad too, but I would have done what Just Sam did and stayed in LA.  Her grandmother was in a high risk category (so is my mom) and she came from New York City, which was a place hit very hard by the coronavirus.  Health and safety first has always been my motto so I was fine with Just Sam staying in LA to protect her grandmother.  At least now she can go home and give her grandmother a big hug.  😁

Yeah, being from New York City doesn't help either. Just Sam made the right move. Hopefully she can see her grandmother soon.