AI S18 On With the Show: Season Finale

So you mean to tell me my favorite finally won American Idol and all it took was for me not to watch that much and show disinterest in this season. :dead: I finally found the recipe. It took 18 seasons but my favorite FINALLY won. :dead: Thank you, COVID-19. :wub: #JustSam2020Winner

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you mean to tell me my favorite finally won American Idol and all it took was for me not to watch that much and show disinterest in this season.  I finally found the recipe. It took 18 seasons but

I don’t believe it!  Just Sam won!  JUST SAM ACTUALLY WON!   (I do a little happy dance now!)

My votes went to Arthur and Sam. Best final 2 ever, and will be the most successful final 2's. SAM WON, JUST SAM WON. IT'S ABOUT TIME. SHE WILL OUTSELL FANTASIA. And possibly Kelly Clarkson 2. Best wi

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Probably.  But he did well to come in second and he’ll have a good career anyway.

It’s possible that having a Cinderella-type story helped Just Sam beat Arthur, but I’m still delighted!  😀 

It definitely helped. She was not the best in the competition in my opinion. She probably wasn't my first or second choice. However, Arthur is without a doubt the worst vocally.

Posted (edited)

I just want to congratulate Just Sam on her victory. I definitely wasn't sure if she could win, given that I thought Arthur or Francisco were a shoo-in to take home the crown, so it was very nice to see happen. And I still think the talent on Idol was pretty good this season. And I think it could have been one of the better seasons of the show if world events hadn't gotten in the way. I still give TPTB at Idol a lot of credit for trying their best given the situation and I am interested to see what will happen with some of these contestants post AI because I really did like some of them.

Edited by Winterfan

I am so shocked, but also elated Arthur did not win.

Really happy Just Sam won, having gone through so many hardships, it is so nice to see someone have success who really deserves it! YOU GO GURL! Also shocked a female won this season!

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

Well at least if Arthur wins, Nick Fradiani won't be the worst winner anymore.

nick fradiani is one of the best winners

My votes went to Arthur and Sam. Best final 2 ever, and will be the most successful final 2's. SAM WON, JUST SAM WON. IT'S ABOUT TIME. SHE WILL OUTSELL FANTASIA. And possibly Kelly Clarkson 2. Best winner and she is the perfect representive for this season. her story, wow, so inspirational. Love her, love her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
17 minutes ago, wgm said:

My votes went to Arthur and Sam. Best final 2 ever, and will be the most successful final 2's. SAM WON, JUST SAM WON. IT'S ABOUT TIME. SHE WILL OUTSELL FANTASIA. And possibly Kelly Clarkson 2. Best winner and she is the perfect representive for this season. her story, wow, so inspirational. Love her, love her.

what's good love and hip hop GIF by VH1

• Haha 1

Wish I would've watched.  I'm stunned Just Sam won.

She doesn't seem to be anywhere near Jordins caliber ( they were both the same age right?) But a pleasant surprise 

2 hours ago, sneaky said:

Wish I would've watched.  I'm stunned Just Sam won.

She doesn't seem to be anywhere near Jordins caliber ( they were both the same age right?) But a pleasant surprise 

Jordin was 16/17, while Just Sam is 20~ :yes: 

Wow. What a pleasantly surprise of an ending. I never expected her to win but honestly, she may have lead the votes all season long. Production somehow knew to give her the one celeb duet of the finale. I guess this shows that a lot of Arthur’s support was overseas fans. 

Just Sam was truly the underdog winner. I thought she was gonna be the female Dennis Lorenzo: talented but wouldn’t connect with casual voters because of her neck tattoos and urban flair. I’m so glad she proved me wrong. The only thing that sucks is that she had to be crowned at home alone, but it was nice to see her grandma be able to celebrate with her by video chat. 

Hopefully next season can start off by having Just Sam perform on stage in front of a live audience, singing “Rise Up” and getting showered in confetti for her true winning moment.  

9 hours ago, wgm said:

Which means she won't.  Album sales for last 5 winners - Candice, Caleb, Nick, Trent, Maddie have gotten progressively worse.  Trent and Maddie never even made the BB200.  A year later, there is no album in sight for Laine.  And with ABC Idol, the winner isn't invited back to perform their own music.

Posted (edited)

it was kind of anti-climatic at the end. there was no one to celebrate with sam in person and it seemed arthur's family thought he won.. also that awkward silence when the top 2 were announced.. no exit words for jonny, francisco and dillon? 

did they reveal the order of elimination? 5th, 4th, 3rd place?

Edited by blackfield
50 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Wow. What a pleasantly surprise of an ending. I never expected her to win but honestly, she may have lead the votes all season long. Production somehow knew to give her the one celeb duet of the finale. I guess this shows that a lot of Arthur’s support was overseas fans. 

Just Sam was truly the underdog winner. I thought she was gonna be the female Dennis Lorenzo: talented but wouldn’t connect with casual voters because of her neck tattoos and urban flair. I’m so glad she proved me wrong. The only thing that sucks is that she had to be crowned at home alone, but it was nice to see her grandma be able to celebrate with her by video chat. 

Hopefully next season can start off by having Just Sam perform on stage in front of a live audience, singing “Rise Up” and getting showered in confetti for her true winning moment.  

:yes: Yes. She deserves that.

54 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

RT!!!!!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, blackfield said:

it was kind of anti-climatic at the end. there was no one to celebrate with sam in person and it seemed arthur's family thought he won.. also that awkward silence when the top 2 were announced.. no exit words for jonny, francisco and dillon? 

did they reveal the order of elimination? 5th, 4th, 3rd place?

I agree. Arthur's family ruined Just Sam's moment and kind of took the spotlight off of her win. There seemed to be a lag in audio as well.

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

AGREED.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, blackfield said:

also that awkward silence when the top 2 were announced.. no exit words for jonny, francisco and dillon? 

Because of how late Idol announced the Top 2 (less than ten minutes of show left) they probably no time to do that, since they still had to announce the winner and air "We Are The World"

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Maddie and Laine couldn't even get an invite to perform their singles.  Both got stuck doing Disney covers.

Some trivia information I just realized:

Just Sam is the first person to win Idol using a stage name. 

She is not the first winner who had the sing two songs in their initial audition. Kelly (At Last, Express Yourself), Fantasia (Proud Mary, Killing Me Softly), Taylor (A Change Is Gonna Come, Swanee River Rock), Scotty (Your Man, Put Some Drive In Your Country), Phillip (Thriller, Superstition), Caleb (Original Song, Respect), Just Sam (Rise Up, You Say) all had to sing two songs before the judges. 

17 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Yayy Just Sam won it! :spaz: :wub: Didn't think i would be so happy for her winning but congrats to her. ❤️ 

Although Arthur's family looked like they thought he won it? :dead: 

Maybe they did think that he won!  They’re immigrants from Nepal and might not have understood that Arthur was the runner-up due to the language barrier.