AI S18 On With the Show: Season Finale

istersay

17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You'd have thought Gabby and Alejandro solved cancer, world hunger and are about to solve COVID-19 with how much the show brings them up.

True lol but I just can't even imagine what there is to say about Arthur lmao

First of all, congrats to Sam. I certainly didn't see this coming. Arthur's family after he placed second though. I guess it's good to celebrate the positives in any situation... :dead:

With that said, I just had a thought. The three who were eliminated were all from California, whereas Arthur and Sam are from Kansas and New York respectively. It didn't look like they had coast-to-coast voting, so with the Pacific and Mountain time zones not being able to vote at their usual times may have had a hand with the way the results turned out.

• Like 1

Just now, Crisis said:

With that said, I just had a thought. The three who were eliminated were all from California, whereas Arthur and Sam are from Kansas and New York respectively. It didn't look like they had coast-to-coast voting, so with the Pacific and Mountain time zones not being able to vote at their usual times may have had a hand with the way the results turned out.

You could still vote on the west coast, but they didn't really advertise it all that well.

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

First of all, congrats to Sam. I certainly didn't see this coming. Arthur's family after he placed second though. I guess it's good to celebrate the positives in any situation... :dead:

Maybe, maybe not.  I live on the West Coast and I voted for Just Sam.

And I’m glad Arthur’s family celebrated even though he lost.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

The west coast not knowing to vote definitely played a part. Someone posted a google trends map a while ago, and Just Sam was the most searched in every state on the east coast, while Arthur dominated the west.

Just now, redwood79 said:

OMG YES SAM!!!!!!! YOURE AMAZING!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Side Note: Arthur fans on all other social media (Insta, Youtube, Reddit) make me want to VOMIT. ugh. So SALTY. 

Yeah I read some youtube comments saying she won cause people felt sorry for her and Arthur was way more talented...literally brain dead I don't hate him nearly as much as some of y'all but he is probably the least vocally skilled in like the top 11. However, the comments are not surprising. If he had won, I'm sure the comments on here would have been just as salty.

• Like 1

Just now, joe14 said:

Yeah I read some youtube comments saying she won cause people felt sorry for her and Arthur was way more talented...literally brain dead I don't hate him nearly as much as some of y'all but he is probably the least vocally skilled in like the top 11. However, the comments are not surprising. If he had won, I'm sure the comments on here would have been just as salty.

Probably.  But he did well to come in second and he’ll have a good career anyway.

It’s possible that having a Cinderella-type story helped Just Sam beat Arthur, but I’m still delighted!  😀 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm in Mountain time, and I voted

41 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Nice catch. I hadn't even registered that all three of them were West Coasters.

Also, hooray for the Northeast finally getting a winner that's worth a damn picking up their second champion! The South has always dominated this thing, and the Midwest has largely picked up the scraps. I think we're actually ahead of the West now; they've had their fair share of runners-up but Jordin's the only one that closed the deal (and we were guaranteed a Western winner in that finale; WA vs. AZ). Just wish it didn't have to be NY pulling through for us 😛

(I'm just joking about the first half; I like Nick Fradiani even if I do feel that he won more by disaster avoidance than actually overwhelming the competition. The part about NY is all true, though; I'm a New Englander by birth and have lived most of my life in the Philly area, so either way, New York teams are my teams' primary rivals in sports. Though back on the first half, there was a much better option for our first Northeastern winner sitting in the Top 3 that year!)

Edited by ScarletDevilCCX

I'm happy for Just Sam - but her backstory hooked me more than her talent.  She won the least talented season I've ever watched/partially watched. 

If JS doesn't get an assist in the songwriting & promotion department from some Hip-Hop moguls she'll be in the same place Maddie Poppy and Laine Hardy are now - deservedly so.

Edited by Cranberrys
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Side Note: Arthur fans on all other social media (Insta, Youtube, Reddit) make me want to VOMIT. ugh. So SALTY. 

Now I'm interested to see if there will be a video of some of his fans melting down after his loss a la David Archuleta...

5 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

I'm happy for Just Sam - but her backstory hooked me more than her talent.  She won the least talented season I've ever watched/partially watched. 

If JS doesn't get an assist in the songwriting & promotion department from some Hip-Hop moguls she'll be in the same place Maddie Poppy and Laine Hardy are now - deservedly so.

shoo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

You clearly haven't watched this show in quite some time then! The virus kind of wrecked it, but the talent this season was at its highest since they performed a Y-chromosomectomy on Season 12 Season 11.

Unless you only watched these past two weeks. Then your criticism is fine because the judges kind of dropped the ball in crafting a Top 20 and the voters really dropped the ball narrowing those 20 contestants down to 11 and then 7. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd put the cut from 11 to 7 this year right up there with Season 9's 16 to 12 cutdown for worst quad-elimination by the voters.

52 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

AS AN ARTHUR FAN... Don't lump ALL fans into one group.

At one point I was split voting for Sam, Arthur, Jonny, and Makayla so... 2 out of 4 says I have taste. lol jk

I'm very proud of Sam and Arthur! 😄❤️ 

6 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

You clearly haven't watched this show in quite some time then! The virus kind of wrecked it, but the talent this season was at its highest since they performed a Y-chromosomectomy on Season 12 Season 11.

Unless you only watched these past two weeks. Then your criticism is fine because the judges kind of dropped the ball in crafting a Top 20 and the voters really dropped the ball narrowing those 20 contestants down to 11 and then 7. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd put the cut from 11 to 7 this year right up there with Season 9's 16 to 12 cutdown for worst quad-elimination by the voters.

Just ignore him/her, she/he has been trashing the show the whole season. While praising The Voice. Saying Idol had bad ratings while the Voice's were amazing (Even though Idol beat the Voice last week). Verging on a troll TBH.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

I think that Cranberrys is mad that Hannah failed to even get to the Top 40, and that anger affected their opinion of this season.

Just now, ShortstopVM said:

Lost in all of my jubilation over Sam's win: She is the first American Idol winner to come from The Five Boroughs. :omg:  #ProudNewYorker 🗽 🗽 🗽

That IS something to be proud of - and may help her find success in her "real" career.

31 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

I seem to agree with this.

Plus, I can't believe it's been 10 years since Season 9.

Edited by Walker359718

I'm afraid of social media being a bitch about who won...

WE HAD. 

1. A new side of the U.S. win.

2. A POC woman win fairly! (Yes I voted for Candice, but that was then... :/ )

3. A POC male and female. Has that happened before???

A lot to be happy about peeps! Now sign the Top 5... lol

• Like 1