AI S18 On With the Show: Season Finale

istersay

Just now, m1key said:

Last time I cried tears of happiness from someone winning was Darci Lynne on AGT LOL 

I don’t remember ever feeling this way about Idol. Darci Lynne!!!! Yes!!!!

2 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

Another winner on ABC seasons that won't be talked about again

Arthur's name will be plastered all over the next season for sure

Ugh I know. :/  

I said this earlier and definitely won't be surprised if they mention Arthur every week next year.

2 minutes ago, kclarkson1323 said:

That performance was actually pretty cool if they only wouldn't have used that stupid scenery so we could see everyone better.

Yeah, this.

1 minute ago, Lackey said:

Why would they be mentioning Arthur next season?

You'd have thought Gabby and Alejandro solved cancer, world hunger and are about to solve COVID-19 with how much the show brings them up.

Just now, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Probably, yeah. But I feel like Sam's someone they'll love to be promoting, too. They've been wanting a minority winner, and she's a feel-good story.

Yeah, especially with her backstory.  Just Sam overcame the odds and won!  I think that they will promote her more than Laine or even Maddie.

And Just Sam is now my new favorite winner! :clap: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Probably, yeah. But I feel like Sam's someone they'll love to be promoting, too. They've been wanting a minority winner, and she's a feel-good story.

We'll see what happens a year from now.  Hardly anyone here is even talking about Laine anymore.

I called Arthur not winning weeks ago because I didn’t think middle America would vote for him and I think I was right. I had Sam pegged as a dark horse in my pre season rankings but I think she just pulled at everyone’s heart strings.

1 minute ago, sublymonal said:

I called Arthur not winning weeks ago because I didn’t think middle America would vote for him and I think I was right. I had Sam pegged as a dark horse in my pre season rankings but I think she just pulled at everyone’s heart strings.

She sure pulled at mine!

I think Just Sam's underdog story is inspiring. I remember watching her struggle through her audition thinking, "yeah she is great but probably won't get her nerves together to make it past Hollywood" and then she went on to win the entire show. They will probably be dropping her name a couple of times just for the story.

She probably won't do anything substantial musically but I don't expect much from anyone. Gabby is the one real success in like the last 8 ish years? 

Edited by joe14

Yeah, Sam was one of the ones that got a lot of promotion right from the start. I'll have to admit, Sam was one of the contestants I was most worried about when they announced that they'd sent the contestants home for the shelter in place; New York City is an absolutely awful place to be in this mess. No pun intended, but her rising up from the projects of Harlem to win American Idol is a story they'll be happy to promote all the way.

She was the only finalist to get a performance of her own in the final hour. I think y'all are overreacting and they'll make her their #1 from this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Yeah, especially with her backstory.  Just Sam overcame the odds and won!  I think that they will promote her more than Laine or even Maddie.

And Just Sam is now my new favorite winner! :clap: 

People here were sure they were going to push Maddie since Idol haven't had a female winner in a long time.  Last year, people insisted Laine would get the star treatment.  He's good looking and TPTB pushed him to audition.

• Sad 1