Jump to content
idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

Hello All! I am new to this thread!

Welcome! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Abby Cates of S15 had a decent IG platform (forget how big exactly but I'm pretty sure it was in the neighborhood of 50k-100k followers) and still didn't make it past the playoffs. Granted, of the teams Team Kelly was the second-most stacked after JHud's, but still. 

Abby Cates had a horrendous playoffs performance (and this is coming from someone who's a big fan of her BA and KO). This was likely the biggest contributor. Most people on SM probably don't vote if they don't already watch the show.

22 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

True - it reminds me of how when RADHA and Jej both had their blind auditions, those blew up since they got a ton of support from the Philippines, but it didn't translate to support at the top 24 of their respective seasons since overseas fans can't vote. 

RADHA and Jej (especially Jej) had great BAs. I think more important to their failure to do well in the show was for Radha: she simply could not show emotion, and became a powerhouse/ballad singer who just had power power power, and no emotion. For Jej, I think he just got horrible song choices (if he got something like Passionfruit every round, he could have been in the Semifinals/Finale, although I could be entirely off).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

 

 

Edited by Jaffy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Welcome! 🙂

Thanks Someone648! It is a pleasure meeting you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, echoap said:

Based on her live covers, Hailey definitely needs at least a couple more years of experience. I'd be shocked if she turned a chair. Nevertheless, she's got a ton of confidence and that's half of the job if someone wants to stand out. She is very similar to Kelly in too many ways so, If I were a producer, I would definitely push for that storyline, then again, Hailey needs to sound mildly decent to make that happen :haha:

 

 

Just watched some clips and Skylar is decent, although a bit average. If she's lucky and TPTB approved her, she might survive one or two live shows. Imo. 

 

Honestly, I'm a bit lost this season. Other than Taryn and the usual bearded guys, I'm not seeing dangerous people at the moment. 


When they are that young the possibility exists of a huge growth arc, and they don’t have to be Celine Dion to get lots of votes, just competent. As with any other contestant (other than country males),

they also need to be unique in tone or style to stand out. That’s what’s missing in this case.
 

On the other hand, Taryn will be expected to be nearly perfect every week. I’d like to think she’s capable of that, but not everybody performs up to expectations on that stage, due to stress, or whatever. In her case, she feeds off the audience during her shows, and really gets them involved. Obviously, she won’t be able to do that in this case. More than likely, she’ll be fine anyway, but I don’t get surprised by much anymore. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a tech rehearsal for Battles scheduled for this Thursday. There's a picture of a $50 amazon gift card for that taping, not sure if everyone would get a gift card or if they'll give it away in a random drawing or something. I participated in a rehearsal taping for Kelly's talk show last week and 1iota sent me a promo code to use on a taping for a real episode of the show this month. I doubt the coaches will be at the tech rehearsal for The Voice since Kelly will be taping her talk show. 

https://1iota.com/show/1120/the-voice---s19

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

There's a tech rehearsal for Battles scheduled for this Thursday. There's a picture of a $50 amazon gift card for that taping, not sure if everyone would get a gift card or if they'll give it away in a random drawing or something. I participated in a rehearsal taping for Kelly's talk show last week and 1iota sent me a promo code to use on a taping for a real episode of the show this month. I doubt the coaches will be at the tech rehearsal for The Voice since Kelly will be taping her talk show. 

https://1iota.com/show/1120/the-voice---s19

how much is one ticket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

Guys I got waitlisted for the September 3 Battle Taping and the 2 tapings on September 8. I hope I get the tickets!!!

Same!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


When they are that young the possibility exists of a huge growth arc, and they don’t have to be Celine Dion to get lots of votes, just competent. As with any other contestant (other than country males),

they also need to be unique in tone or style to stand out. That’s what’s missing in this case.
 

On the other hand, Taryn will be expected to be nearly perfect every week. I’d like to think she’s capable of that, but not everybody performs up to expectations on that stage, due to stress, or whatever. In her case, she feeds off the audience during her shows, and really gets them involved. Obviously, she won’t be able to do that in this case. More than likely, she’ll be fine anyway, but I don’t get surprised by much anymore. 

Taryn is gonna coast her way to the Finale. I just hope she coincidentally got paired against Jim with no steals available during battles 😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, realityshownerd said:

Guys I got waitlisted for the September 3 Battle Taping and the 2 tapings on September 8. I hope I get the tickets!!!

Hopefully you do know that the September 3rd taping is just a tech rehearsal show. I doubt you'll see the coaches make an appearance or see the contestants singing. I just don't want you to get disappointed if nothing very exciting happens.

Edited by rhapsody99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rhapsody99 said:

Hopefully you do know that the September 3rd taping is just a tech rehearsal show. I doubt you'll see the coaches make an appearance or see the contestants singing.

Yeah I know I canceled it and got the September 9th taking instead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, echoap said:

I just hope she coincidentally got paired against Jim with no steals available during battles 😊

 

They better not :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, echoap said:

 I just hope she coincidentally got paired against Jim with no steals available during battles 😊

So Taryn gets eliminated all the way back in the battles? If that's what you want. lololol

Edited by David68
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, David68 said:

So Taryn gets eliminated all the way back in the battles? If that's what you want. lololol


It would probably be the other way around. 😉 Honestly, I hope that doesn’t happen, but like I said, nothing surprises me anymore. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Archanium said:

They better not :wacko:

 

7 minutes ago, David68 said:

So Taryn gets eliminated all the way back in the battles? If that's what you want.

 

Stranger things happen on this show all the time 👽

53 minutes ago, echoap said:

Taryn is gonna coast her way to the Finale

😏

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, echoap said:

Taryn is gonna coast her way to the Finale. I just hope she coincidentally got paired against Jim with no steals available during battles 😊

Lol we’ll find out next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean...it just seems unlikely that Blake would do that to one of his employees! Plus, he respects those who’ve “paid their dues” in Nashville. She’s certainly has done that. Yes, stranger things have happened, but if you’re a contestant on Blake’s team, you do not want to be paired with her.  Plus, he’s no dummy. He knows how good she is. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, Blake is not the guy who just throws away frontrunners in the battles, he usually pits frontrunner vs fodder, which is why his battles end up being not the most exciting , but it benefits him on the lives. There´s no way he´s putting Jim and Taryn together, since they´re apparently strong assets for him. Watch me be wrong next week 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake is usually pretty smart about who he thinks will win, and he pushes for them in the pre-lives. Although this doesn't always match up with what we prefer (Kailey Abel 😢), I think this time it will work out in keeping Taryn safe in pre-lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Taryn and Jim are not paired against each other because I love them both. I know unexpected things happen on this show but if one of them gets eliminatesd before the lives I will be very sad😧

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ironic how Kailey was one of the few contestants of the recent seasons that mostly everyone on IDF loved and she got eliminated right away lmao

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Jim leaving this early would be so devastating :P

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, antikid said:

It's ironic how Kailey was one of the few contestants of the recent seasons that mostly everyone on IDF loved and she got eliminated right away lmao

Kailey vs. Joei was RIGHT THERE, Blake. :/

At least whichever of them lost would've gone out on a fair battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...