idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Daillon said:

I agree that is unlikely that Jim wins one season after Todd, but right now I don’t see someone that could theorically surpass him in votes (Taryn is good, but 18+ country females have always had trouble on the show). I thought Thunderstorm, who gave close to perfect performances on every round, could beat him, but he ended up 3rd. We’ll see what happens tho.

OK, let’s get specific. Which Team Blake 18+ country females had trouble?

Edited by TeamAudra

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Trouble on team Blake is relative, since unless they’re truly terrible basically everyone he chooses for live shows tends to make at least the semi-finals. 

He has not however had a female country winner in a long time. Lauren losing to Chris Blue still might be the biggest upset in voice history 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe I overreacted by using the world “trouble”, but country females don’t have the overwhelming advantage that the males have (Kirk and Chris K. were very average and they both made Top 3, same with Jake W.) whereas singers like Audra or Mary Sarah didn’t even reach finale, even if they were on TB and they were better vocalists in their respective seasons than the guys I mentioned. The only adult country female that I remember that reached finale is Lauren, and she didn’t even win.

I am not saying she can’t win, but I don’t think the odds are on her favor compared to people like Jim. If she is as good as she seems to be, she might have a shot.

Edited by Daillon

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Maybe I overreacted by using the world “trouble”, but country females don’t have the overwhelming advantage that the males have (Kirk and Chris K. were very average and they both made Top 3, same with Jake W.) whereas singers like Audra or Mary Sarah didn’t even reach finale, even if they were on TB and they were better vocalists in their respective seasons than the guys I mentioned. The only adult country female that I remember that reached finale is Lauren, and she didn’t even win.

I am not saying she can’t win, but I don’t think the odds are on her favor compared to people like Jim. If she is as good as some people are saying she is, she might have a shot.

Let’s be honest. There haven’t been many 18+ country females in the live shows, with any coach. Sample size is too small. 

A lot of people call Cassadee country when it’s convenient. She won. Audra totally choked. She didn’t deserve to go any further. Mary Sarah was most likely 4th in votes, and just go beat by a better instant save performance. Lauren was runner up, after Blue had the big production in the pimp spot. Carson said it was one of the closest votes ever. So, other than Lauren, I would say the results were in line with their level of performance quality. But, again...very small sample size. 

EDIT: People also call Megan Linsey country when it’s convenient, and she did sing some country songs. She finished as high as she possibly could have. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It seems like Team Blake will be a battle between Jim and Taryn for all we know. Watch them both get eliminated before lives do to IDF´s predicition skills 😂

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 7

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Let’s be honest. There haven’t been many 18+ country females in the live shows, with any coach. Sample size is too small. 

A lot of people call Cassadee country when it’s convenient. She won. Audra totally choked. She didn’t deserve to go any further. Mary Sarah was most likely 4th in votes, and just go beat by a better instant save performance. Lauren was runner up, after Blue had the big production in the pimp spot. Carson said it was one of the closest votes ever. So, other than Lauren, I would say the results were in line with their level of performance quality. But, again...very small sample size. 

EDIT: People also call Megan Linsey country when it’s convenient, and she did sing some country songs. She finished as high as she possibly could have. 

I think the trick is that most of us would say the results of male country singers tend to outstrip their level of performance quality & the same bump does not seem to apply to the women 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think the trick is that most of us would say the results of male country singers tend to outstrip their level of performance quality & the same bump does not seem to apply to the women 

Yeah, I know. It’s not just country adult females. Cassadee, Chloe, Alisan, Tessanne and Maelyn need to be factored into the conversation. They were able to overcome the bias, and only two of them were on Team Blake. 

As for Blake’s team, it usually comes down to who is the recipient of his bat signal. We all know how this works. 

Edited by TeamAudra

So we’re having a full season for season 20? Finally we’re having a regular season.

Do you guys think Season 20 will be filmed in November? Since all of the taped rounds will be up with filming. Or do you think they’ll start to film in January and start the season late

49 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

So we’re having a full season for season 20? Finally we’re having a regular season.

Do you guys think Season 20 will be filmed in November? Since all of the taped rounds will be up with filming. Or do you think they’ll start to film in January and start the season late

Where did you hear about a full season for Season 20? And my guess is late November just before lives start, but if they do push it back I won’t be shocked. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Where did you hear about a full season for Season 20? And my guess is late November just before lives start, but if they do push it back I won’t be shocked. 

Full season because Ellen Games of Games is coming on this fall. Ellen’s show caused season 18 to be so short. So I’m thinking since Ellen’s show is on this fall. It wouldn’t be cutting the spring season short.

Edited by jus.vshn

Posted (edited)

Wow Desz really KILLT this version of “Weak”

Edited by jus.vshn

11 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Wow Desz really KILLT this version of “Weak”

As much as this is cool, I feel like htis would belong in a DeSz fan thread. 

I think this thread is for new information mostly? 

Is anyone off the waitlist yet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

As much as this is cool, I feel like htis would belong in a DeSz fan thread. 

I think this thread is for new information mostly? 

Is anyone off the waitlist yet?

Don't believe they take people off the waitlist more than a week before showtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Full season because Ellen Games of Games is coming on this fall. Ellen’s show caused season 18 to be so short. So I’m thinking since Ellen’s show is on this fall. It wouldn’t be cutting the spring season short.

It wasn't Ellen's show that made the season short, it was the Olympics and NBC having to shuffle the schedule. Since those are now pushed to next year and they can hopefully hold them, S20 could be short again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2020 at 8:31 PM, TeamAudra said:

So, Gwen might steal Taryn if she’s available then. I don’t know, but they’d obviously like her to get a win, or at least have an artist public voted in to the finale for the first time ever. 

How do you think artists choose their coach? Like do you think they just go for their favorite coach or someone that they think they can win with - I guess all coaches technically have an equal playing field but Blake has so many wins!

47 minutes ago, Sabina said:

Will there be only 3 weeks of live shows?

🤷‍♀️ Nobody knows. Currently we don’t have any knockouts scheduled & I don’t think they were mentioned during blinds.

We’ve had live shows start with 24 before, but that might just be wishful thinking, as I’d prefer more live shows to knockouts

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

🤷‍♀️ Nobody knows. Currently we don’t have any knockouts scheduled & I don’t think they were mentioned during blinds.

We’ve had live shows start with 24 before, but that might just be wishful thinking, as I’d prefer more live shows to knockouts

I think knockouts are important because that’s their actual first full length performance and they get to have their breakout moment and show what they have.

• Like 1

Blake is filming with his advisor today, and Taryn just followed Kane Brown

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Blake is filming with his advisor today, and Taryn just followed Kane Brown

Have these contestants not suffered enough? :(

• Haha 7

LMAO  I really do wonder what Kane or someone on his team has over someone on The Voice's production team. 😂

• Haha 1