Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Speaking of battles, given who we know has made the show, how do y'all think those are going to get paired up?

 

Quoting myself here but my guesses:

 

Team Legend

Cami vs. Julia (similar lane and voices seem like they'd blend well together)

Tamara vs. John (powerhouse vs. powerhouse)

Rio vs. Sid (both old-school-ish voices)

 

Team Kelly

Marissa vs. Kelsie (both pop-ish voices)

Tanner vs. Madeline (both did country in the blinds)

Eli vs. ??? (I have no idea, he might go with one of the pop gals but it seems like a less obvious pair)

Skylar vs. ??? (not seeing anyone in a similar lane here)

Desz vs. ??? (not seeing anyone as an obvious match)

 

Team Gwen

Lauren vs. Van (both rockers with indie influences)

Lain vs. Ryan (pop-soul-rock feels like a good match with someone who sang John Mayer)

Liam vs. Tori (she did country and he leans bluesy even though that's not the lane he chose for his blind)

Payge vs. ??? (alt-rock/soul means she could go a lot of ways with this team)

Chloe vs. ??? (Neo-soul and not team Legend makes her harder to pin down)

 

Team Blake

Taryn vs. Ian (protect Taryn by pairing her with the one-chair country vs. a different country male)

Ben vs. Jim (both chose to do country in the blinds, but to me neither screams purely country by influence - though Ben is definitely more in the country lane than Jim)

Sam vs. John (both singer-songwriter types that chose older songs for their blinds)

JusJon vs. Joseph (Bob Marley has some R&B vibes alongside the obvious reggae, and Khalid is the only other artist that we know someone covered on Team Blake that falls into the R&B lane)

Worth the Wait vs. ??? (a trio is going to be very difficult to pair up, and the only other act on Team Blake is nameless for the moment)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

seak,

 

You always seem to have the scoop on this.... are they filming something today? Taryn is all glammed up in her story. Hair extensions, etc. 

Seems like it, contestants only, no coaches though. One of the voice glam crew posted from the set, and make-up trailers, but Blake's person was working on her set bag at home.

 

(I am making the assumption that if Taryn was filming with any coach it would be with Blake. It's basically impossible to tell if any of the other coaches are on set right now since Darcy does John's & she also works with contestants, and Kelly and Gwen apparently did their own for blinds). 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Seems like it, contestants only, no coaches though. One of the voice glam crew posted from the set, and make-up trailers, but Blake's person was working on her set bag at home.

 

(I am making the assumption that if Taryn was filming with any coach it would be with Blake. It's basically impossible to tell if any of the other coaches are on set right now since Darcy does John's & she also works with contestants, and Kelly and Gwen apparently did their own for blinds). 

They probably were taking individual contestant pictures

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

Still don't think this is going to happen. They're both excellent vocalists, but stylistically it's just way too different.

It might happen but don't think John would want to sacrifice one of them (They are both four chairs and his frontrunners along with Cami), unless he uses his save, at the same time John wasn't hesitant to pair Mendeleyev and Preston in S17, we'll have a better idea if/when we know all of Team John

Edited by moonlighty
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

It might happen but don't think John would want to sacrifice one of them (They are both four chairs and his frontrunners along with Cami), unless he uses his save, at the same time John wasn't hesitant to pair Mendeleyev and Preston in S17, we'll have a better idea if/when we know all of Team John

It was a hypothetical pairing because of the names we do know, it makes the most sense, but since we don't know four of the ten names, it's too early to call for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

It might happen but don't think John would want to sacrifice one of them (They are both four chairs and his frontrunners along with Cami), unless he uses his save, at the same time John wasn't hesitant to pair Mendeleyev and Preston in S17, we'll have a better idea if/when we know all of Team John

He didn´t care about neither of them since he had Katie, which is proof that John loves himself a good powerhouse, so I´m pretty sure Tamara will be fine during the taped rounds until we find out how the audience feels about her.

 

As for John H, he couldn´t be more different from her, he has a jazzy sound that wouldn´t really mash well with her firecracker voice, (Watch me be wrong and they´re actually paired together lol). He actually reminds me of a way more polished Davon Fleming with a bigger range as well, and Davon did well on the show ,especially considering his decline in the lives and the fact that he had a hated coach, so I don´t know how that might translate to John H, but I hope he makes it far.

 

Edit: John is a three chair turn, Blake probably didn´t turn because he felt he didn´t know what to do with him.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

Gwen’s team is a team filled with people who have potential. No one screams finale to me though.

 

I really have a feeling that Gwen will steal a frontrunner from one of the other teams, am doubtful they'll let her team that "weak" 

 

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

I really have a feeling that Gwen will steal a frontrunner from one of the other teams, am doubtful they'll let her team that "weak" 

 

The real question is who's going to be that frontrunner that a coach is dumb enough to let go?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

The real question is who's going to be that frontrunner that a coach is dumb enough to let go?

 

Well John is like the one heck of a dumb coach, and he have a pretty strong team, maybe him, or Kelly (which usually favors potential)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The real question is who's going to be that frontrunner that a coach is dumb enough to let go?


Imagine if Blake gave her Taryn just to keep things happy at home. 🤔

 

In all seriousness, she’s had a relatively weak team every season she’s been on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Well John is like the one heck of a dumb coach, and he have a pretty strong team, maybe him, or Kelly (which usually favors potential)

 

That's who I was thinking - Blake's not the most popular coach on the forum, but of the not-Gwen coaches this season he's gotten the best grasp on how to succeed at the show (in part because he's been on the show for so long and has a giant following, but also because for as much as Adam poked at him for being a "dumb hillbilly" Blake's got a surprisingly good ear for what's marketable and what will resonate with audiences).

 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:


Imagine if Blake gave her Taryn just to keep things happy at home. 🤔

 

In all seriousness, she’s had a relatively weak team every season she’s been on. 

Oh God please no, she'd be dead on the playoffs 😬

 

Her strongest team was season 12, and even then she had to steal 2/3 of her post-playoffs team. As much as I tend to like Gwen's teams, I will admit she's not great at managing her artists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misirlou said:

I´m confident that at least one Team John frontrunner won´t make playoffs.

That's my suspicion too - his team is STACKED and he's struggled to manage previous iterations of Team Legend effectively, bless his heart. If we're assuming it's a Team Legend artist who goes to Gwen (like T-storm to Nick), then it becomes a question of which of the front-runners is most up her alley musically beyond just their song choice at the blinds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Imagine if Blake gave her Taryn just to keep things happy at home. 🤔

 

In all seriousness, she’s had a relatively weak team every season she’s been on. 

She did a great job in S17 I think . If you just take the playoffs in account, Team Gwen (minus Jake H sadly) were far away the best of the night. All of the ladies killed it. Song choices by TPTB is what killed Joana, and Myracle´s elimination is still unexplicable to me, after giving one of the best performances of the night with a R.E.M classic. Rose did what she needed to do and went to the finale.

 

If we´re talking overall power, Gwen´s season 12 blinds team was by far her strongest ever, it was stacked, especially considering people don´t often tend to pick her,  and got even stronger when she got Hunter in the battles, considering she still had all of her frontrunners at that point. But she destroyed her team later, song choices didn´t help ,and Hunter intentionally shot himself in the foot on the semifinals.

 

As for this season, it´s too early to tell, but I think she can do some great things with Liam, since he´s a contestant that people tend to like and is a fantastic blues singer, not sure she can bring him to the finale, but we´ll see. Lain Roy is interesting too. She has a rocker in Van Andrew, and we know she loves  to coach young girls, and she has Lauren. Let´s see how the public treats her team this season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

 

Oh God please no, she'd be dead on the playoffs 😬

 

 


In that case, he can give her Jim. 🤔

 

I don’t trust these producers. Nothing would shock me anymore. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you all are underrating the artists on Gwen's team. The number of chair turns aren’t really that meaningful after you get 1. 
 

and especially with the audience demographics and voting patterns, I would think several of Gwen's current team will resonate more with the voice viewer then John H

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think you all are underrating the artists on Gwen's team. The number of chair turns aren’t really that meaningful after you get 1. 
 

and especially with the audience demographics and voting patterns, I would think several of Gwen's current team will resonate more with the voice viewer then John H

Yeah, that´s true, like everybody thought Kelly was dead in S17 knowing her team before the  season, and she ended having the winner and the other two (Shane and HS) wouldn´t go away lol.

 

Not to mention, they didn´t pimp Gwen at all with the edits last season, they only showed one battle of hers on the first week and the only montaged KO was from her team. So i don´t expect them to do it this season either.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The ranking of the teams so far for me:

1. Team Legend - Every single person has potential to be in the finals, or semi finals at least. Very talented batch

2. Team Kelly - She’s got a  great bunch of people with a lot of potential. Desz is great, Skylar and Kelsie are underrated and Marisa isn’t even talked about which is crazy because she is amazing.  Kelly is a coach that shockingly coaches the hell out of her dark horses or underdogs and makes them front runners. For example, Kymberyli Joy, Brynn, Hello Sunday and Megan Danielle were 10x better performance wise than their audition.

3. Team Blake - I think he has a good team, my favs are Taryn and Sam Stacy, but Jim is very popular too. Worth the Wait is definitely underrated, and I hope they go far.

4. Team Gwen - I feel like this team will definitely go up after the knockouts, but out of the 8 names here, the only one which has some sort of chance to be in the finale is Liam St John. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

She did a great job in S17 I think . If you just take the playoffs in account, Team Gwen (minus Jake H sadly) were far away the best of the night. All of the ladies killed it. Song choices by TPTB is what killed Joana, and Myracle´s elimination is still unexplicable to me, after giving one of the best performances of the night with a R.E.M classic. Rose did what she needed to do and went to the finale.

 

If we´re talking overall power, Gwen´s season 12 blinds team was by far her strongest ever, it was stacked, especially considering people don´t often tend to pick her,  and got even stronger when she got Hunter in the battles, considering she still had all of her frontrunners at that point. But she destroyed her team later, song choices didn´t help ,and Hunter intentionally shot himself in the foot on the semifinals.

 

As for this season, it´s too early to tell, but I think she can do some great things with Liam, since he´s a contestant that people tend to like and is a fantastic blues singer, not sure she can bring him to the finale, but we´ll see. Lain Roy is interesting too. She has a rocker in Van Andrew, and we know she loves  to coach young girls, and she has Lauren. Let´s see how the public treats her team this season.


That’s why I was careful to say her teams have been “relatively” weak. She’s had contestants who were perceived to be frontrunners by many people, but the social media numbers didn’t back that up. Hunter is the best example. I was tracking the numbers that season, and he was always lower middle pack on all of the stats. I think he walked into the bloodbath with almost no chance. Brennley was her best shot at a finale spot, but Gwen did blow the song choice. I guess Blake didn’t help her pick one that week. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...