idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

We should probably pace ourselves a little. We usually have some battle and KO results when we finally get the spoilers, so we can weed out some of the fodder. The premiere isn’t for 10 weeks! 🙃 What are we going to talk about until then?. 

For real, I´ve never seen IDF being that excited about a season before.

Btw,  according to the spoilers , coaches still have their saves during battles, don´t they?

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

For real, I´ve never seen IDF being that excited about a season before.

Btw,  according to the spoilers , coaches still have their saves during battles, don´t they?

Lol idk if we think Season 19 is immensely talented or if we’re just bored because of quarantine.

So the coaches have a save and a steal?

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol idk if we think Season 19 is immensely talented or if we’re just bored because of quarantine.

So the coaches have a save and a steal?

Just the steal, so it sounds like a 4-way KO isn't happening this time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Just the steal, so it sounds like a 4-way KO isn't happening this time.

Mmm, so we are probably looking at a Top 16 playoffs then.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Mmm, so we are probably looking at a Top 16 playoffs then.

Assuming we get the knockouts, then yeah

(side note to MJ or Someone - do we have confirmation that KOs are still happening this season given the format changes? @mjdolorico @Someone648)

Posted (edited)

Being a Gwen Stan again......

Cami Clune is Fantastic and will be IDF Favorite..

But this girl Lauren is one of those indie rock girls that kinda goes under the radar that IDF won't take too much notice, but will surprise everyone. Kind of like a Megan Danielle

Most of her videos are rocker chick and sang a rock song for her blind...but this cover of Valerie is lovely, reminds me of Lennon Stella a bit.

Looking forward to what she brings. 

Edited by katybay
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Assuming we get the knockouts, then yeah

(side note to MJ or Someone - do we have confirmation that KOs are still happening this season given the format changes? @mjdolorico @Someone648)

No confirmation about KO's yet.

We know they plan on battles having the virtual audience, but that's the extent of what's been told.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Lauren is artist #9 iirc. 

"Cochise", "Nothing Else Matters", "Like a Stone", "Whole lotta Love". So many great options for her blind audio, and we got a messy version of "Happy Pills" by Norah Jones. 

That's what you get when Team Sausage gets control over the girls. 😂jk

Edited by echoap

Posted (edited)

Man, I’m gonna have to wait and see on Lauren too. I guess I’m a little gun shy about the indie girls after watching them get blown out over the last several seasons, including Joanna last season, who’s cover of “Valerie” is light years better than that one. I feel like their only chance of making the finale is another taped season of live shows. If any of them surprise me, it will probably be Cami, but she will have to be very careful with song choices, as we’ve already discussed. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Do you’ll think there will be a coach change for season 20? If so who?

Pretty sure that Nick's said that he'll be coming back for that.

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We should probably pace ourselves a little. We usually have some battle and KO results when we finally get the spoilers, so we can weed out some of the fodder. The premiere isn’t for 10 weeks! 🙃 What are we going to talk about until then?. 

True tho, everyone (me included) is so excited this season and we only got blind spoilers, who knows why

2 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Maybe both lol

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/american-ninja-warrior-premiere-date-replaces-the-voice-nbc-fall-schedule-1234733477/#article-comments

Small news but American Ninja Warrior will  Officially take the Monday 8PM timeslot for September. Confirming that the voice premiere will be delay vs previous season probably until Oct 19h like the spoiler 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

either change them all up or keep them all - this one person change in/out is not productive at all.  Make it a 3 person voice panel...

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Nick wouldn’t be back because his movie was scheduled to film late 2020 early 2021 and I’m sure they’ll start filming late 2020 and early 2021 for season 20. And Gwen has her residency so who will be the new coach? Hopefully JHud lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dany said:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/american-ninja-warrior-premiere-date-replaces-the-voice-nbc-fall-schedule-1234733477/#article-comments

Small news but American Ninja Warrior will  Officially take the Monday 8PM timeslot for September. Confirming that the voice premiere will be delay vs previous season probably until Oct 19h like the spoiler 

And no premiere until 10/19. This is pretty bad for the contestants. S15 was the last semi-normal schedule. Just pull the plug. 

12 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Nick wouldn’t be back because his movie was scheduled to film late 2020 early 2021 and I’m sure they’ll start filming late 2020 and early 2021 for season 20. And Gwen has her residency so who will be the new coach? Hopefully JHud lol

From what I found Gwen's residency ended in February of this year. And Nick's movie will start filming late this year and considering everything most likely won't finish until mid to late of 2021. And yes, spring seasons usually film blinds of the previous year and then film the other rounds the following year, with Nick's schedule I do not think he can do both, and with Gwen being done with her residency and doing Season 19, she might do Season 20 along with the others, but that is just speculation and too hard to tell this early.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

And no premiere until 10/19. This is pretty bad for the contestants. S15 was the last semi-normal schedule. Just pull the plug. 

Season 17 had the same number of shows and same format as 15. The pandemic has thrown lots of wrenches into things. Lots of things aren't even filming at all yet. 

(as to Gwen's residency, it was supposed to end this past May, which got scrubbed due to covid, the initial announcement is that those shows, at least some of them, will be rescheduled, however there are no clear ideas as to when they would be able to return). 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

Hello! I just joined IDF today and I’m a recent Voice fan, but I’ve already watched most of the performances from s13-s18 because of quarantine boredom and all. 

Can someone clarify what TPTB is? You guys mention it a lot on here.😹 

6 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Hello! I just joined IDF today and I’m a recent Voice fan, but I’ve already watched most of the performances from s13-s18 because of quarantine boredom and all. 

The Power That Be. 

English idom meaning whoever control everything.  So producer staff etc. 

10 minutes ago, Harmat said:

TPTB = The Powers That Be, referring to those who control the show

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, echoap said:

Does this link still work for you? I went to watch this again and it looks like it’s been taken down, and it wasn’t even originally posted by her. I wanted to give it a listen with headphones. Damn! 

Edited by TeamAudra

29 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Does this link still work for you? I went to watch this again and it looks like it’s been taken down, and it wasn’t even originally posted by her. I wanted to give it a listen with headphones. Damn! 

tenor.gif

53 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Welcome! :clap:

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

idk if by pull the plug you mean stop the show, but the show was never about helping the contestants, so I doubt they care.

anyway, despite the changed circumstances, I still enjoy the voice and look forward to it; last season's live shows were not as good as normal, but they best they could w/ covid and I still got to listen to my favourites

• Like 1