The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Alright, after listening to Yesterday's performance and today's studio recordings for tonight, I made my final decision and my ut is telling me this:

5- Desz (3RD AT BEST)

I was convinced that The Voice was trying to sabotage DesZ after hearing her song choices for tonight( and I stil kinda am). 

However, I felt she delivered vocally, especially for her original song ''Holy ground'' in which she turned this generic song into a song that has meaning. That smoke issue was trying to distract her from the candy but she stayed focused and delivered this song with class, like a queen! 

I still hated her cover song choice ''Landslide'', but she delivered it beautifully, stunningly and it was a great performance. Just not the right song choice to push her for the win in my opinion.

Btw, By just reading the title of the song she'll do with Kelly, you know she'll have the best performance OF THE NIGHT tonight!!! What a tune! Looking really forward listening to it tonight

I think she did better then John and Ian yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if she get past both of them and take the third place, but that's the best she'll get in my opinion.

Chance of winning: 0 PERCENT

4- John Holiday (4TH AT BEST)

WTF! WTF was that???? Easilly John's worst performance BY FAR in this competition. As much as I am dissapointed by his performance vocally OR his song choices for tonight, I still  think he stand a good chance of beating DesZ tonight.

Halo did not work for him at all. I felt vocally, he failed to reach the notes he is usually capable of hiting, and the song was a horrible choice for his voice.  His original song should be scrapped. It was very 2013 poppy and felt rushed during most of his performance. I felt his studio versions of both song were much better then what he delivered tonight and thats really too bad.

I do however like his duet song choice with John Legend ''Bridge Over trouble water''. I just wish they'd bring a gospel choir at the end of the song so we can all clap with them for a spectacular song ending. 

I think there is still a strong chance he get past DesZ but stand no chance of getting higher then that, ESPECIALLY after yesterday.

Chances of winning : 0 PERCENT

• Like 1

3- Ian Flanigan (3RD AT BEST)

zzzzz...... Wake me up when he's done singing. Thats how I felt about both performances honestly, ESPECIALLY his cover song

There was not much to say about his cover song then zzz honestly, I was that bored listening to it. I think I liked his original song alot less Live then on the studio version

Also, his duet with Blake is another snore for me. I usually like country, but not his style of country honestly.

In the end, I still wish he has a career after this show, cuz he has a GREAT voice. However, I don't think I will ever buy his album one day if that's his style of music. Because of the country fans of this show, he will probably easilly get past John and DesZ in the final rankings but he honestly deserve 4th place, with John Last, based on what Ive seen yesterday

Chances of wining: 0 PERCENT

2- Jim Ranger (1ST AT BEST)

CMON JIM!!!!!! He killed it tonight!!! After Yesterday's amazing performance with ''A little Help from y friends'' and a gorgeous original song, I think he stand a pretty good chance of upsetting  the favorite Progidy Child to the crown of S19 of the voice!!

His cover song was EASILY the best performance of the night, and the only time I wasn't bored listening to someone's performance yesterday.  I did also like his original song, but I prefered Desz's and Carter's better.

I like his duet with Blake slightly more then Ian's but for me, it  just sounds like Blake and him drinking a beer and enjoying the night.

I'm impressed by his popularity growth. It seemed like after each live performance, he has multiplied his popularity by 2, just to now challenge Carter's chances at the crown. However, Carter is BY A MILE more popular then him, so his chances of winning is still quitte weaker then the kid. Would love an upset win however this year lol

Chances of winning: 30 PERCENT

• Like 1

1- Carter Rubin (2ND AT WORST)

For me, the kid looked set to take the crown of The Voice tonight. However I think his chances of winning started slimming JUST BY A LITTLE tonight. He still looks like the clear winner of this season.

I tought he was gonna murder ''The Climb'' tonight. It was solid for a kid of his age, but it was also the first time I felt he sounded like a child trying to sing a more mature song. I think it was the stress of starting first that made it be like that. It was still really good , but not as good as his other performances.

Love the original song. He had the best original song and did a really good job with it.

I love his duet song choice with Gwen. It is exactly what we need: A really fun song to enjoy, AND THAT HAS TO DO WITH CHRISTMASS, TY!!! Way better then listening some drunk songs between cowboys lol.

I am rooting for Jim to win, but I'm not that stupid to not realise that he has BY FAR the strongest chance of winning the show. Nobody will be surprised if that's the outcome. CONGRADULATIONS GWEN ON FINALLY WINNING THE SHOW AFTER 5 SEASONS!!!!

Chances of winning : 70 PERCENT

Edited by WillisCurtis96

20 minutes ago, WillisCurtis96 said:

3- Ian Flanigan (3RD AT BEST)

zzzzz...... Wake me up when he's done singing. Thats how I felt about both performances honestly, ESPECIALLY his cover song

There was not much to say about his cover song then zzz honestly, I was that bored listening to it. I think I liked his original song alot less Live then on the studio version

Also, his duet with Blake is another snore for me. I usually like country, but not his style of country honestly.

In the end, I still wish he has a career after this show, cuz he has a GREAT voice. However, I don't think I will ever buy his album one day if that's his style of music. Because of the country fans of this show, he will probably easilly get past John and DesZ in the final rankings but he honestly deserve 4th place, with John Last, based on what Ive seen yesterday

Chances of wining: 0 PERCENT

Agree with your assessment and I don't think either song choice did him justice.

He's surprisingly popular over on Facebook tho.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WillisCurtis96 said:

2- Jim Ranger (1ST AT BEST)

CMON JIM!!!!!! He killed it tonight!!! After Yesterday's amazing performance with ''A little Help from y friends'' and a gorgeous original song, I think he stand a pretty good chance of upsetting  the favorite Progidy Child to the crown of S19 of the voice!!

His cover song was EASILY the best performance of the night, and the only time I wasn't bored listening to someone's performance yesterday.  I did also like his original song, but I prefered Desz's and Carter's better.

I like his duet with Blake slightly more then Ian's but for me, it  just sounds like Blake and him drinking a beer and enjoying the night.

I'm impressed by his popularity growth. It seemed like after each live performance, he has multiplied his popularity by 2, just to now challenge Carter's chances at the crown. However, Carter is BY A MILE more popular then him, so his chances of winning is still quitte weaker then the kid. Would love an upset win however this year lol

Chances of winning: 30 PERCENT

Jim's been on a roll these past couple of weeks.  To me he was the best of the night.

Even his original song was the best of the 5. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Jim's been on a roll these past couple of weeks.  To me he was the best of the night.

Even his original song was the best of the 5. 

Ya, I agree totally. I liked him since the blind auditions and knew he can sing like A Beast!!! I thought however he would end up middle of the pack due to poor song selection but no, he brings it everytime!!!! The wake up call for me was his semis "Without you". I hope he gets the Upset win tonight!

58 minutes ago, WillisCurtis96 said:

4- John Holiday (4 ° EN EL MEJOR)

¡WTF! WTF fue eso ???? La peor actuación de Easilly John POR LEJOS en esta competición. Por mucho que esté decepcionado por su actuación vocal O sus canciones elegidas para esta noche, sigo pensando que tiene muchas posibilidades de vencer a DesZ esta noche.

Halo no funcionó para él en absoluto. Sentí vocalmente, no logró alcanzar las notas que normalmente es capaz de tocar, y la canción fue una elección horrible para su voz. Su canción original debería descartarse. Fue muy amapola de 2013 y se sintió apresurado durante la mayor parte de su actuación. Sentí que sus versiones de estudio de ambas canciones eran mucho mejores que las que entregó esta noche y eso es realmente una lástima.

Sin embargo, me gusta su elección de canción a dúo con John Legend "Bridge Over problem water". Solo desearía que trajeran un coro de gospel al final de la canción para que todos podamos aplaudir con ellos para un final espectacular. 

Creo que todavía hay una gran posibilidad de que supere a DesZ, pero no hay posibilidad de llegar más alto que eso, ESPECIALMENTE después de ayer.

Posibilidades de ganar: 0 POR CIENTO

That would be beautiful.
I should have chosen songs in that lane these last two weeks. I blame 90% on the producers and 10% on JohnL.
I feel like the coaches don't finish fighting for their participants during the competition and it's sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

For the people that believe that Desz's cover song choice was the producer's attempt to bus her, according to her she's been really wanting to sing the song ever since Blinds and she put it at the top of her list for her song choices. 

Desz wasn´t bussed per se, she just wasn´t pimped, which obviously IDF took as "bussing" because it´s a contestant they like. As for her choice, it seems like she doesn´t want to win, which I completely get. She´s gotten where she needed to get which is the finale.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Tonight is big for Gwen. If Carter somehow doesn´t win, it´s over for her. I don´t see how anyone could select her after that.

On the contrary, although she does not win she is becoming more popular with voters (compared to her previous seasons), I am sure that if contestants with genres that normally did not choose her return, this time they will.

Edited by DETIED