The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, tonight was by far his weakest night for sure, probably because he must have gotten overwhelmed by being in the finale. Let´s just say that tonight was the first time that I could tell he´s a kid, instead of a performer with the confidence and poise of someone twice his age.

Yep, I went back and watched his performances. He had some decent moments, but also some really shaky ones. I’m going to take back what I said the other day about his lack of nervousness, because that clearly wasn’t the case tonight. It’s one thing to have weeks to prepare for a performance, and quite another to prepare two songs in a couple days.  Most adults even get tripped up by that, including John!

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Tbh very disappointed with everyone except for Jim. Here's what I think should/will happen.

What should happen after tonight's performances:

1- Jim Ranger

2- Carter Rubin

3- DeSz 

4- Ian Flanigan 

5- John Holiday

What will happen:

1- Carter Rubin

2- Jim Ranger 

3- Ian Flanigan 

4- DeSz 

5- John Holiday(I would be shocked if he gets a higher place than this).

• Like 3

I didn't watch tonight (will catch the performances on youtube), but I'm surprised people are still shocked that finales are usually a trainwreck, lowkey why I don't even bother with them. I can't think of the last time where a finale was all around great. The closest thing to was maybe season 7? with Matt, Chris, Craig, and Damien. Finales are usually when contestants turn in their worst performances because they have been working for weeks and their voices are tired. Song choices are usually terrible. Originals, which you can't get into or excited for cause you have never heard them, are bad. I also suspect that a lot of contestants aren't really focused on winning so they kind of phone-it-in. I mean Chloe and  Bette Davis Eyes is one of the biggest YIKES lmao. I thought Carter was a foregone conclusion (still think he is), but it seems like there is some apprehension after tonight. I'll have to look at his performances. Objectively, he has probably been the most consistent this entire season. He makes the most sense as the winner. 

Desz is my favorite, but her live show performances, other than Don't Let Go which is probably top 3 performances of the season, were just meh. A lot of that had to do with song choice. Landslide was just okay. She needed bolder song choices. I don't know what Kelly was doing with her. It is clear she wasn't in producers plans. 

Yeah John H. fell apart during these last two weeks. He was never a favorite, but up until playoffs I thought he at least gave technically solid performances.

I've tried to get into Ian. He is just a lazy singer to me. 

Edited by joe14
  • Like 3

Okay, so I have watched all of the performances and OMG, this finale was so underwhelming, everyone except for Jim really didn't deliver and it is really sad.

If it comes to my prediction, I feel like its gonna go this way:

1. Carter Rubin - even though he was not that powerful in his performances, he still gets it pretty easily - The Climb was a good song choice, but, come on, u need to really slay to be a winner and be remembered. Congrats to Gwen for finally winning after four seasons of flops and 4th places.

2. Jim Ranger - by far, he won this night if it comes to performances, they were truly constant and actually, seeing him win would not be really upsetting for me, through whole season he kept on growing and delivering and showing something new, even if IDF would eat me, I wouldn't mind his win. But with Carter, well, im sorry for 2nd place😆

3. Ian Flanigan - snoozefest, but with minivan unfortunately he is gonna beat DeSz. I mean, he simply is so boring, omg, really, every performance of him was the same.

4. DeSz - omg, she is a queen, but she flopped and that's making me sad. I was expecting some big song for the finale, like I Am Changing or I Have Nothing, but Landslide was simply a very evil bus, I love this song, but its not a choice you make to win in the finale. Sad:( 

5. John Holiday - something weird happened to him through whole season, I remember being truly astonished by his blind and knockout, but then in Live Shows he kept delivering really poorly and simply these song choices were not it. There is unfortunately no chance of him getting higher than 5th place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Probably. We’ll never know whether Carter has the stamina to make it through a normal length season. My guess is, he doesn’t. I think he looked stressed out tonight. 

Eh, I think a longer season actually allows you to get more comfortable and confident. It also makes each weeks performance matter slightly less. I mean Chloe had no voice by the finale, and won. That said the final is stressful, and tptb didn’t do him any favors (which I was surprised at)

Edited by seak05

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I still don’t understand why some people think Desz was bussed. Did I miss something?

Tbh after rewatching her performances on YouTube. It sounds so much more better than when I heard it for the first time. She left it all on the stage for “holy ground” she moved people and she killed it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Eh, I think a longer season actually allows you to get more comfortable and confident. It also makes each weeks performance matter slightly less. I mean Chloe had no voice by the finale, and won. That said the final is stressful, and tptb didn’t do him any favors (which I was surprised at)

Every situation is different. In this case, it’s not just about stage confidence or song choices. He just didn’t seem like himself at all. Maybe all the talk of him winning the show finally got to him. Either way, the short season is good for him.  

Edited by TeamAudra

I’ll make my final prediction here.  It’s the same as my pre-show prediction. 

1. Carter

2. Jim

3. Ian

4. Desz

5. John

I suspect Carter banked enough votes with his cover to hold off Jim. It’s by far the most viewed and liked video of the night on Facebook. However, it’s probably going to be a little closer that most of us expected. Desz could sneak into 3rd, but I’ll stick with my pre-show prediction. 

Also...if they would have used the old bloodbath format, John might have landed in the bottom 3. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Every situation is different. In this case, it’s not just about stage confidence or song choices. He just didn’t seem like himself at all. Maybe all the talk of him winning the show finally got to him. Either way, the short season is good for him.  

Carter hasn’t posted on IG since well before yesterday’s show. I wonder if he’s pulling a Noah Mac.

34 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Carter hasn’t posted on IG since well before yesterday’s show. I wonder if he’s pulling a Noah Mac.

He did post voting instructions yesterday, before the show. I can think of some other past winners who worked social media HARD to get to the finale, but literally went AWOL, when it can time to ask for finale votes. Both Brynn and Chevel did this. 

Edited by TeamAudra