The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 minute ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So now my question becomes... who the hell is closing the show? Before the songs I would have said DeSz in a heartbeat, but my gut's telling me it's gonna be Carter again.

She can easily close with Landslide. I don't see the problem. They aren't going to let one person close two weeks in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Desz is fine on his cover. But it comes from singing BIG AND POWERFUL SONGS. Why make a simple, flat song on THE FINAL?

Maybe this song choice will address the common criticism that she isn’t conveying much emotion through her performances? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, pauwis said:

saaaaame

But, in my opinion, Carter don't have the force and power for "The Climb". He is super pure and ethereal, the cover is meh

The Climb doesn't require force or power 🥴

It's a very straight forward song. It's not a power ballad.

2 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So now my question becomes... who the hell is closing the show? Before the songs I would have said DeSz in a heartbeat, but my gut's telling me it's gonna be Carter again.

I can see them closing with Ian because of the song choice.

Hace 5 minutos, Daillon dijo:

El deslizamiento de tierra es legendario, muestra algo de respeto (Además, puedo verla matando, similar a Rose con IWTKWLI)

Son dos canciones INCOMPARABLE

Edited by pauwis
Just now, joe14 said:

La escalada no requiere fuerza ni potencia 🥴

Es una canción muy sencilla. No es una balada poderosa.

For me they need strength, in the sense that I liked the versions with rough voices, which make the song not sound so simple and bland

Only referring to the covers:

I love John (and I did say this last week...) but I get Glee vibes from his studio. Not sure if that's good or bad. The ending of his studio, as always, is fantastic!

I agree with the consensus that Landslide is risky because it doesn't have many big moments that we'd expect from DeSz. HOWEVER - her studio is gorgeous and I have no doubt she'll nail it tonight.

Carter will probably sound better live than in the studio. He sounds fine but where DeSz got a risky choice and still made it somewhat sound like her own, I didn't hear anything from Carter that we hadn't heard before. I think it's a step down for him.

Ian's studio is great! Last week his studio was better than his performance, however. I hope that that doesn't happen again this week. Angel was an out of the box choice for him and this one's a bit more in his comfort zone

Jim's studio is fine but like everyone else's song choice tonight (besides Ian), it's been done better before. It doesn't feel like the right song choice for him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

No, I didn’t make it up lol. It sounds like that though. :haha:

That's not a common criticism...anywhere lol. That's the first time I've seen that even mentioned lol but if you say so. I would understand if you are saying none of her song choices are emotional ballads, but to say she doesn't convey much emotion...a reach. 

Just now, joe14 said:

That's not a common criticism...anywhere lol. That's the first time I've seen that even mentioned lol but if you say so. I would understand if you are saying none of her song choices are emotional ballads, but to say she doesn't convey much emotion...a reach. 

Just because you haven’t seen it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist lol. Also, I’m not criticizing her, I’m pointing out a criticism that others have mentioned.