The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

I think it depends on how you classify poor treatment. Addison had a couple very vocal detractors but most of the board liked her. Brynn was probably disliked by more of the board. Chevell also had a lot of detractors, especially towards the beginning of her run. 

Truthfully, very few teens make the final, and most of the ones who do are generally well received. 

(I wasn’t around for Jake worthington though)

Yeah, I forgot about Jake W. He got more hate than all other teens, COMBINED. 

I just feel like the hate was more personal in nature with the others I mentioned....the name calling, polls designed to make them look bad, etc. The latest with Carter is a little much for my liking too, but I haven’t seen direct personal attacks. 

Emily Ann took a beating too, actually. Even Sawyer was treated far worse that Carter has been. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, MulherPepita said:

Now everyone's acting like no shit had been said about Carter...

Compared to Sawyer, Emily Ann, Addison, Jake W, Addison, Brynn, Chevel, he’s been treated like royalty. 

However, everyone on that list, except for Jake, had more vocal support on IDF than Carter. Most of IDF doesn’t seem to mind if he wins, but it’s not exactly a loyal fanbase. It’s similar to Kennedy’s fanbase. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, dark12 said:

i got surpised that people are hating Carter so I made an account to react. What is wrong with you people. He is actually the best among the remaining contestants. And DeSz is so undeserving to win. If DeSz win with underperforming on few rounds- i'll be screaming justice for Amanda Brown, Kyla, Kimberly Nichole, Brooke Simpson, Ali and all robbed black women. DeSz is not even on the same level, or even the shadow of those robbed singers. She is mediocre. Her song choices and performances does not excite me. She is literally the worst among all the AA women who deserved to win in this show. 

And regarding confidence- Carter showed that with big song choices and his performance with DeSz and Jim. 

and by the way, Cami is the best contestant from Team Kelly! 

Let me educate you on something. I understand your frustration however skin color isn't equal to quality of voice. Comparing Desz to the other queens just for the fact that they are black is beyond ridiculous. Simple exemple: Whitney Houston and Rihanna have approximately the same skin color and guess what? Their voice is completely different. Being African American doesn't mean you have to be compared to other African American people. Everybody is unique.

• Like 13
Just now, mariahmc said:

Let me educate you on something. I understand your frustration however skin color isn't equal to quality of voice. Comparing Desz to the other queens just for the fact that they are black is beyond ridiculous. Simple exemple: Whitney Houston and Rihanna have approximately the same skin color and guess what? Their voice is completely different. Being African American doesn't mean you have to be compared to other African American people. Everybody is unique.

Guru Studio Thank You GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

The people that don’t get this are in for a ride next season

200.gif

• Like 10

I´d say if we sumarize all of IDF right now:

Desz is the number 1 choice. Most of IDF wants her to win because of her massive vocal chops and an AA woman finally winning.

Carter is the second choice. He has some very vocal fans here, but his reception as a whole is "I´m not a fan, but I get why he should win, it will be deserved." 

I´d say maybe John is third on IDF, since even though a lot of people dislike his tone, they at least recognize his undeniable vocal skill. Almost no one here wants him to win (not that needs to anyway considering his resume)

Ian and Jim were mostly tied for last, because you know, country (even though they are not), but Ian was sort of liked before semis, now he´s at the bottom because he got in over Cami, an IDF favorite. Jim is also not that well liked, but he has more vocal fans that Ian so I´d say he is more well recieved as of now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Desz is the number 1 choice. Most of IDF wants her to win because of her massive vocal chops and an AA woman finally winning.

Carter is the second choice. He has some very vocal fans here, but his reception as a whole is "I´m not a fan, but I get why he should win, it will be deserved." 

I´d say maybe John is third on IDF, since even though a lot of people dislike his tone, they at least recognize his undeniable vocal skill. Almost no one here wants him to win (not that needs to anyway considering his resume)

Ian and Jim were mostly tied for last, because you know, country (even though they are not), but Ian was sort of liked before semis, now he´s at the bottom because he got in over Cami, an IDF favorite. Jim is also not that well liked, but he has more vocal fans that Ian so I´d say he is more well recieved as of now.

You are leaving out the Coach factor. I think a lot of people (maybe not on IDF specifically) are ready for Gwen to finally win, so we can put that past us.

Even Blake is rooting for her.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Speaking of Jim and Ian, we might be able to count on one hand the number of active IDF members who want either of them to win. One of them goes to Jim’s church. :P

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

You are leaving out the Coach factor. I think a lot of people (maybe not on IDF specifically) are ready for Gwen to finally win, so we can put that past us.

Even Blake is rooting for her.

Yeah, a lot of people are ready for a Gwen win, which is why they don´t mind Carter winning. In the case of IDF, there are some as well which is why they don´t mind Carter winning. That being said, as a whole IDF still prefers Desz from what I´ve seen.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Speaking of Jim and Ian, we might be able to count on one hand the number of active IDF members who want either of them to win. One of them goes to Jim’s church. :P

It´s particularly because they are both in the finale. Had it been just one of them, I´m sure they wouldn´t be as hated here. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

This hasn’t been said enough around here.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I actually need John to win since he and Jim Ranger are my last 2 artists remaining in the competition lol😅

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MulherPepita said:

Carter will be the best male winner ever. Jordan Smith won because he sang gospel during the live shows. 

Jordan could've sung ABC song and he still would've won and that song would've still reached the top 10 on itunes.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1