The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I have been silently reading this forum for several months now. I haven’t wanted to respond, however I can’t stay silent. So many of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you talk about Carter. From wishing his voice would change during the lives in hopes that he flops, to saying he’s nothing special, to saying he isn’t a normal teenager. Hoping he gets eliminated in the way Ryan did... You’ve said he doesn’t belong on an adult show... (by the way, YOU don’t make the rules. The show is for 13 and up so stop calling it an adult show. It’s a music competition for 13 year olds and older.) And now this... saying that YouTube is saying he’s gay. wow. You don’t know him any more than the random people on YouTube do...so to bring that up as a topic of discussion is, just, unbelievable.   This kid is 15 years old and doing a great job. You people claim to love the show and love music, right? Then how on earth can you talk about a kid like this that is an awesome singer and sweet soul? Someone working so hard and so dedicated to music. He’s weird? No, he’s just not an arrogant punk. He’s gay? No, he’s just a nice kid who isn’t dropping the f bomb every second... oh and by the way has been brought up to be humble and kind. You don’t have to like his music. You don’t have to like him. But this ( with the exception of a handful of you) is just wrong. I pray to God that kid doesn’t read this forum. What a way to try and bring someone down... and a kid no less. Wow. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Musicluv said:

I have been silently reading this forum for several months now. I haven’t wanted to respond, however I can’t stay silent. So many of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you talk about Carter. From wishing his voice would change during the lives in hopes that he flops, to saying he’s nothing special, to saying he isn’t a normal teenager. Hoping he gets eliminated in the way Ryan did... You’ve said he doesn’t belong on an adult show... (by the way, YOU don’t make the rules. The show is for 13 and up so stop calling it an adult show. It’s a music competition for 13 year olds and older.) And now this... saying that YouTube is saying he’s gay. wow. You don’t know him any more than the random people on YouTube do...so to bring that up as a topic of discussion is, just, unbelievable.   This kid is 15 years old and doing a great job. You people claim to love the show and love music, right? Then how on earth can you talk about a kid like this that is an awesome singer and sweet soul? Someone working so hard and so dedicated to music. He’s weird? No, he’s just not an arrogant punk. He’s gay? No, he’s just a nice kid who isn’t dropping the f bomb every second... oh and by the way has been brought up to be humble and kind. You don’t have to like his music. You don’t have to like him. But this ( with the exception of a handful of you) is just wrong. I pray to God that kid doesn’t read this forum. What a way to try and bring someone down... and a kid no less. Wow. 

Everything else I agree with but sorry but I still hope he flops, remember about equal treatment ? Yea he signed up for this. Desz needs this win 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Musicluv said:

preach christina aguilera GIF

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, xxxthevoicexxx said:

Lol did I miss something? Who said anything bad about Carter? All I said was what the people on YouTube were saying. And I never gave my opinion about it. I jus said that Idk how to feel about them talking about it being that he is only a teenager who hasn’t addressed it even if he was. 

It’s not an appropriate discussion, and you clearly said something here in order to have a discussion. 

That said people haven’t really been that negative to Carter. It is an adult competition, it’s open and you’re competing against adults. 13 and up can compete in the olympics, but you don’t compete on an age curve. That in music that means you also get critique’s. Everyone has favorites, and yes I don’t generally root for people to perform poorly. But Carter also has built in advantages with the voice viewers, that can be frustrating for fans of other contestants. 

Carter seems nice, I don’t know him. His sexual orientation isn’t really a factor in his niceness or how he was raised. None of it is our business. Regardless of the results of the show, I hope he continues to develop as an artist. 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It’s not an appropriate discussion, and you clearly said something here in order to have a discussion. 

That said people haven’t really been that negative to Carter. It is an adult competition, it’s open and you’re competing against adults. 13 and up can compete in the olympics, but you don’t compete on an age curve. That in music that means you also get critique’s. Everyone has favorites, and yes I don’t generally root for people to perform poorly. But Carter also has built in advantages with the voice viewers, that can be frustrating for fans of other contestants. 

Carter seems nice, I don’t know him. His sexual orientation isn’t really a factor in his niceness or how he was raised. None of it is our business. Regardless of the results of the show, I hope he continues to develop as an artist. 

Either way, I hope that doesn't wreck his chances.

16 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Either way, I hope that doesn't wreck his chances.

99.99% of the show’s viewers don’t read Youtube comments. Furthermore, I went to his recent video to see what’s up. I didn’t look at every comment, but I did scroll for quite a while, and didn’t see anything like what was reported. Seems like someone was just trying to stir something up. 🙄

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

99.99% of the show’s viewers don’t read Youtube comments. Furthermore, I went to his recent video to see what’s up. I didn’t look at every comment, but I did scroll for quite a while, and didn’t see anything like what was reported. Seems like someone was just trying to stir something up. 🙄

Whew.  Relief-o-rama, then.😋

Edited by Rodney

My 2 cents:
A. While people on this forum obviously take things too far very often, being 15 does not make him immune to criticism. I’ve been critical of his performances in the past but have remained mindful that he’s young and have been open-minded about him. Yes, he’s been one of the contestants I’ve been most critical of but I’ve been sure to be respectful and have mostly focused on my preference for other contestants (especially Payge) over his voice. He seems like a great kid and obviously he’s gifted. I hope that people are mindful about what they post in relation to the younger contestants.

B. I’ve removed my post implying anything and I apologize for any confusion that caused. Don’t want to keep anything up that might further a rumor, especially when it’s unfortunately something that people are using as ammunition against the contestant. I think it’s safe to say that that’s not something we should be addressing unless the contestant wants to bring it up themselves, so hopefully we can just move past it and look forward to the performances this week.

Moving forward now, what do y’all think is a good duet song for Gwen and Carter? I would’ve thought Rainbow Connection would’ve been a fantastic choice but it’s already been used of course.

• Like 3

Thinking back, I think the teen contestant treated the worst here was Addison, if we only include finalists. I think many of our new members would be surprised to hear that. Next is Brynn. Both of them had their share of support here, but the hate from some was absolutely brutal. Carter is getting a relatively easy ride, honestly. 

Edited by TeamAudra

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Thinking back, I think the teen contestant treated the worst here was Addison, if we only include finalists. I think many of our new members would be surprised to hear that. Next is Brynn. Both of them had their share of support here, but the hate from some was absolutely brutal. Carter is getting a relatively easy ride, honestly. 

that's honestly really shocking to me, with addison. i guess it makes sense, cause i assume chloe was well-liked on here. i can see brynn getting some hate, as kyla must have been well-liked here as well (correct me if i'm wrong though!)

there have been some fringe comments, and i am not attempting to excuse them at all, but from what i've seen on idf is that most people see carter as a great vocalist but have other favorites. i've seen a lot more respect toward him lately, especially since he's done crazily well in the past few rounds (coming from someone who didn't like him in the pre-lives). he's undeniably good, and i've seen a shift from "he's getting support cause he's a kid" to "i wouldn't mind if he wins" i think. yes, i'd prefer a desz win, but i'll be really happy for him if he wins, cause he seems like a really sweet kid, and more importantly, he's an amazing singer. with tiem, his voice will only grow, which is another plus.

i wish him luck, i hope that both he and desz do well in the finale! :wink:

edit: i can see why it might be frustrating that he probably gets votes because of his age, but that's also not his fault.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

that's honestly really shocking to me, with addison. i guess it makes sense, cause i assume chloe was well-liked on here. i can see brynn getting some hate, as kyla must have been well-liked here as well (correct me if i'm wrong though!)

there have been some fringe comments, and i am not attempting to excuse them at all, but from what i've seen on idf is that most people see carter as a great vocalist but have other favorites. i've seen a lot more respect toward him lately, especially since he's done crazily well in the past few rounds (coming from someone who didn't like him in the pre-lives). he's undeniably good, and i've seen a shift from "he's getting support cause he's a kid" to "i wouldn't mind if he wins" i think. yes, i'd prefer a desz win, but i'll be really happy for him if he wins, cause he seems like a really sweet kid, and more importantly, he's an amazing singer. with tiem, his voice will only grow, which is another plus.

i wish him luck, i hope that both he and desz do well in the finale! :wink:

edit: i can see why it might be frustrating that he probably gets votes because of his age, but that's also not his fault.

Most of those people don’t come around here much anymore. I’ll give you one example. You know those weekly polls where everyone votes for their favorite performances? There would frequently be a “worst performance” question, where the only option was Addison. If you wanted to answer the other questions, you had to agree that Addison was the worst, because you can’t leave a question blank and have your choices recorded. They had a bunch of unflattering nicknames for her too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Moving forward now, what do y’all think is a good duet song for Gwen and Carter? I would’ve thought Rainbow Connection would’ve been a fantastic choice but it’s already been used of course.

Based on Gwen's instagram stories, I'm assuming the duets are Christmas themed? Before those posts she posted a picture of "Lady of Guadalupe" which makes me think their duet will be Feliz Navidad, but that would be a weird choice for a duet for them, especially after Gwen has done it with Mon Laferte.

Edited by Amunre

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Most of those people don’t come around here much anymore. I’ll give you one example. You know those weekly polls where everyone votes for their favorite performances? There would frequently be a “worst performance” question, where the only option was Addison. If you wanted to answer the other questions, you had to agree that Addison was the worst, because you can’t leave a question blank and have your choices recorded. They had a bunch of unflattering nicknames for her too. 

Damn, didn´t know that. Didn´t remember how her reception was during her season, because she´s certainly one of IDF´s snowflakes as a whole now, probably due to new members.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Damn, didn´t know that. Didn´t remember how her reception was during her season, because she´s certainly one of IDF´s snowflakes as a whole now, probably due to new members.

Keep in mind, she still had a lot of fans. Her thread was very active. It was a really competitive season around here. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Keep in mind, she still had a lot of fans. Her thread was very active. It was a really competitive season around here. 

i can imagine that a lot of them got their hate that season. Since IDF is filled with really invested viewers (i'd say much more so than the average viewer), we can also be more vicious than the casual viewer to opponents of our favorites. Since S13 was SO competitive, that makes sense. It's sad to hear that, but Addison still did well on the show and got exposure, and that's what matters.

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

i can imagine that a lot of them got their hate that season. Since IDF is filled with really invested viewers (i'd say much more so than the average viewer), we can also be more vicious than the casual viewer to opponents of our favorites. Since S13 was SO competitive, that makes sense. It's sad to hear that, but Addison still did well on the show and got exposure, and that's what matters.

If Addison got hate then, imagine what Red, Adam C or Davon got, if they are controversial contestants now, back  then they must have been even more.

• Like 1