The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 hours ago, sneaky said:

If Carter doesn't want to win tomorrow then he will announce he's gay,lol. Otherwise he has in the bag.

Not okay to joke about.

9 hours ago, dark12 said:

i got surpised that people are hating Carter so I made an account to react. What is wrong with you people. He is actually the best among the remaining contestants. And DeSz is so undeserving to win. If DeSz win with underperforming on few rounds- i'll be screaming justice for Amanda Brown, Kyla, Kimberly Nichole, Brooke Simpson, Ali and all robbed black women. DeSz is not even on the same level, or even the shadow of those robbed singers. She is mediocre. Her song choices and performances does not excite me. She is literally the worst among all the AA women who deserved to win in this show. 

You tell people not to put down carter just to put down desz?

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Has any finalist closed with their original songs before...? If not, then I can see her being the second to the last one up.

There hasn’t. Every closer to the finale has been a cover except for in season 1 but season 2-season 18 all closed with a cover and I don’t remember the last time the second to last performer wasn’t an original so I would assume it’ll follow that still.

• Like 1

Oh wow Desz's original is actually good! It gives me a last song syndrome somehow, something I'd listen in the radio or something

But her.. cover. It is actually pretty good! Just weird to hear her sing a country (am I right?) music

Carter's winning WELP and he is singing a popular song sooo yeah, it matters now on who the 2nd-5th places are

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

But her.. cover. It is actually pretty good! Just weird to hear her sing a country (am I right?) music

Right. It’s a different side of Desz we’re getting. And I think minivan is gonna appreciate it because there’s not a lot of vocal theatrics for her to flop so I think she can execute it perfectly with emotion.

• Like 1

Personal Rankings 

1. Desz- Genius move. Finish it up with a soft song where she doesn’t overdo it with Landslide. SO SMART. And do you hear the subtle country vibe? 

This original sounds like something Desz would sing. Some gospel vibes and it showcases both sides of her range. 

2. Carter- Meh. The climb. But sticking with age appropriate numbers for him. Is it really an uphill battle for him to get the win? Probably not. 

His original is vocally good but like most is generic lyrically. It does display his range with the lower notes that we haven’t seen a ton of since Before You Go. 

3. John- Halo is a decent choice although a bit generic but safe. I think he should’ve went back to Jazz if he wanted a chance. People seemed to love his jazz songs, Misty and his battle, the most. 

His original sounds actually somewhat good although a bit generic and the dance beat I have a feeling will clash with his voice in the live performance. 

4. Ian- I’ve liked Ian’s song choices up until now. I find the audience not voting as much for a not as known song compared to his past ones. He sounds fine here but I miss him flipping songs. 

His original sounds a bit better than most though so who knows. Maybe he still has a shot. Just not my favorite sounds from him. 

5. Jim- Oh Jim. What a generic choice. It’s been done a lot and I don’t like it but I know that people will eat it up. 

A ballad original - people will eat this up. I think he could pull an upset win. 

Prediction: 

1st- Jim Ranger

2nd- Carter Rubin

3rd- Desz

4th- Ian

5th- John

I think an upset win will happen with Jim Ranger winning the voice

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Blirel said:

1. Desz- Genius move. Finish it up with a soft song where she doesn’t overdo it with Landslide. SO SMART. And do you hear the subtle country vibe? 

This original sounds like something Desz would sing. Some gospel vibes and it showcases both sides of her range. 

Love the way you think.

All those people predicting that Carter will win... I’m think that Jim might win this season. His ballad original will have people eating it up. And with a little help from my friends is perfect for the demo too. 

Carter’s The Climb is good but his original is not doing him enough favors. 

I’m also 95% sure John is placing 5th with his dance beat original. And Halo isn’t doing him any favors

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pauwis said:

In terms of cover choice, it doesn't matter if they sing it well or not, which one can get the most votes?

pd: Desz's original is beautiful, but I'm worried about the high notes, it sounds a bit garish. Although at this point it doesn't matter.

I think Jim has this in the bag sadly. I think the song choice is enough to overtake Carter 

• Haha 1

i remember seeing people discussing last week what type of artist they think Carter is/will be, and i think i finally get it. every week Carter has been giving me Disney Channel child actor + diva vocalist + inspirational choir boy vibes and i absolutely love it. does anyone get what i’m saying? it’s like every week he’s given super impressive vocals and done inspirational songs that are kind of youthful too. does this make sense, or am i just crazy? i’d say it’s both🤪

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

You tell people not to put down carter just to put down desz?

Seems to be theme of new accounts lol. Get on their high horse and scold everyone and then do the exact same think they criticize others of doing. It's the hypocrisy for me 😬

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blirel said:

Personal Rankings 

You can tell they're using The Chicks cover of Landslide as the basis on this one, so yeah there's a subtle country vibe to it.  I hate that song in general, but I actually really like Desz singing this.

11 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Seems to be theme of new accounts lol. Get on their high horse and scold everyone and then do the exact same think they criticize others of doing. It's the hypocrisy for me 😬

@KimberlyxKyla has honestly been one of the best new posters. I feel like some just join to make a statement/troll and then leave lol. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

The comments on Facebook on the latest post of The Voice mostly wanted Carter and Ian to win.

If we wait a few hours, and count the mentions, Carter will have a huge lead, just like he did on the one they posted Friday. It’s in the bag, as long as he at least performs OK. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I doubt it. Does TPTB really want two pastors winning in a row?

I shouldn’t say in the bag but he might pull off an upset. I’m afraid that Carter and Desz could somehow split the vote for young voters and moms and the country Blake army might vote for Jim. 

31 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Oh wow Desz's original is actually good! It gives me a last song syndrome somehow, something I'd listen in the radio or something

Carter's winning WELP and he is singing a popular song sooo yeah, it matters now on who the 2nd-5th places are

Landslide is by Fleetwood Mac, and NO that’s not country!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, joe14 said:

‎Lol qu’est-ce que cela signifie exactement ‎

listening to the songs studios, I love DeSz once again on his two covers but ... when I hear Jim, I tell myself that this is totally what voters like.........

• Like 2