Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Someone648

Recommended Posts

Why are social media numbers so low for s19? 
I’ve only watched s18&s19 live, so I don’t have a bunch of experience with this, but I follow lots of contestants from s13 onwards on IG and these numbers are really lackingggg in comparison. 
Is it the late start to the season combined with the dwindling viewership and lower ratings? 
Initially, I assumed it was, but the popular s18 contestants had still managed to get 30k, etc. by their live shows. 
Now the contestants with lots of followers are the ones who already had most of them (Casme, Kelsie, Ryan). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Why are social media numbers so low for s19? 
I’ve only watched s18&s19 live, so I don’t have a bunch of experience with this, but I follow lots of contestants from s13 onwards on IG and these numbers are really lackingggg in comparison. 
Is it the late start to the season combined with the dwindling viewership and lower ratings? 
Initially, I assumed it was, but the popular s18 contestants had still managed to get 30k, etc. by their live shows. 
Now the contestants with lots of followers are the ones who already had most of them (Casme, Kelsie, Ryan). 

Lol simple answer- there is no Nick Jonas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Lol simple answer- there is no Nick Jonas.


There was no Nick Jonas for the first 17 seasons. 
 

But, I think they’re referring to the follower numbers. Our runaway frontrunner only has 18.2K Instagram followers, and he’s a 15 year old boy. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:


There was no Nick Jonas for the first 17 seasons. 
 

But, I think they’re referring to the follower numbers. Our runaway frontrunner only has 18.2K Instagram followers, and he’s a 15 year old boy. 

Lol don’t forget, Carter only had like 800 followers pre-season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

And that may be a factor in why his follower numbers aren’t so high........ and seeing that the season is so short.


A 17,400 gain is very poor. C’mon....
 

I’m not even saying this is Carter’s fault. Viewers just aren’t following the contestants anymore. 
 

Also, I don’t get the confused emoji. Do you seriously disagree those numbers are poor?

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Queen Cami or Tamara deserve the Instant Save but it's obvious that Ian will win. But based on what happened that Jim got the PV, we all know both Jim and Ian have no solid fan base, they only get voted through as usual by Blake's supporters. Either way, who give a better performance gets the votes so I hope they split vote in the Finale and Carter gets bussed so that DeSz will win

jim has no solid fan base??? lol. yall have been wrong about him from the start... its entertaining... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

jim has no solid fan base??? lol. yall have been wrong about him from the start... its entertaining... 

 

The voting is mostly coming from casual viewers. Jim had a better performance than Ian, therefore he was rewarded for it. There aren’t really “fan bases” anymore on this show. Sure, there are some loyalists who will follow the artists for a while (days, weeks, months), but that group isn’t large enough to carry an artist to victory on the show, or to support a career after the show. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

If only Joanna had chosen more powerful songs and used her full range.... she might have been unstoppable.... or maybe not, but Finale at least against Toneisha in that IS.

She had zero chance of getting to finale on team Blake with new format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ mostly what Audra said. Nearly all of the voting is coming just from people who casually watch the show. An artist can build up a casual fanbase of show watchers over the course of their performances, but seasons are so short now even that’s harder.
 

Most casual watchers probably like both Ian and Jim, leaving them fairly close,

and then vote for one or both passed on performance. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

^ mostly what Audra said. Nearly all of the voting is coming just from people who casually watch the show. An artist can build up a casual fanbase of show watchers over the course of their performances, but seasons are so short now even that’s harder.
 

Most casual watchers probably like both Ian and Jim, leaving them fairly close,

and then vote for one or both passed on performance. 


This is why it’s so easy to bus someone with a bad song choice. In the past, a strong contestant could survive an off week, but not anymore. The Jim fan above is forgetting that Blake had to save him last week. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Catsy said:

So who do you think will be getting the bus next Monday?

At this point, I think overall reception is going the way TPTB want it to go so I wouldn’t be surprised if no one gets bussed. I assume they want a Carter, DeSz, Jim top 3 and that’s what I imagine will happen. Maybe a John bus then if someone is bussed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Catsy said:

So who do you think will be getting the bus next Monday?

They already have a good Top 5 for Minivan so I think no one. If anything, the country guys are going to get uptempo or overdone songs but I doubt it will affect the outcome. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Harmat said:

Why are social media numbers so low for s19? 
I’ve only watched s18&s19 live, so I don’t have a bunch of experience with this, but I follow lots of contestants from s13 onwards on IG and these numbers are really lackingggg in comparison. 
Is it the late start to the season combined with the dwindling viewership and lower ratings? 
Initially, I assumed it was, but the popular s18 contestants had still managed to get 30k, etc. by their live shows. 
Now the contestants with lots of followers are the ones who already had most of them (Casme, Kelsie, Ryan). 


The Voice has ALWAYS had poor SM engagement compared to its rival shows. From day 1.

 

Heck, Zhavia from The Four ended up with over 1 million IG followers from her run on that show. Since Idol returned on ABC, its artists have blown away the Voice in getting followers for its artists. Even XF USA, with crappy ratings, gave its artists solid numbers.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...