The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Carter is seriously giving me Jordan Vibes lol. Jordan destroyed everyone in terms of views. I'm not sure about FB but on Ytube, by the time the other contestants had reached 200-300K views, Jordan was already at 3-4M imo. I know Jordan's views were far more significant than Carter's but considering that the viewership of THE VOICE has decreased a lot in the previous seasons, he is doing really well.

I wasn't really on IDF much during this season but I've seen you commented something along these lines at least 10 times, like okay we get it 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kingtodd said:

I think Maelyn had better songs that everyone was familiar with, better performance slots and also less indie influenced than Cami

Basically this^

Maelyn went mainstream, Cami (an indie girl) got turned into a belter at some point. She still slayed though. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

You may like her or not but she earned every bit of praise with her performances. Nothing overhyped here. 

It’s not even a question of whether or not I like her. That has nothing to do with it. Taryn was also overhyped here. As was Joanna Serenko. I’m partially responsible for that. They were both my favorites, and I have no issue admitting that. 

• Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

Hell, I think we might have gotten this if this was a normal playoff:

Team Kelly

PVs: Desz and Cami

CS: Tanner

Team Gwen

PVs: Carter and Ben

CS: Payge

Team Legend

PVs: John and Bailey

CS: Tamara

Team Blake

PVs: Ian and Jim

CS: Worth the Wait

As sad as it is, I don't think Cami would've gotten the PV in this format, she would probably still need the save

1 minute ago, kingtodd said:

I wasn't really on IDF much during this season but I've seen you commented something along these lines at least 10 times, like okay we get it 

The only posts I have seen from you are complaining about @Hamza Tufail comments. You can put him on ignore if he annoys you so much, no need to keep throwing him shade.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Hell, I think we might have gotten this if this was a normal playoff:

Team Kelly

PVs: Desz and Cami

CS: Tanner

Team Gwen

PVs: Carter and Ben

CS: Payge

Team Legend

PVs: John and Bailey

CS: Tamara

Team Blake

PVs: Ian and Jim

CS: Worth the Wait

I think Team Audra said Cami would've never been able to beat the team leaders i.e. DeSz/John H/Jim/Carter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not even a question of whether or not I like her. That has nothing to do with it. Taryn was also overhyped here. As was Joanna Serenko. I’m partially responsible for that. They were both my favorites, and I have no issue admitting that. 

Taryn didn't live up to the expectations and I was the first one to say that Joanna had no chance on the show. Pre-season, I expected Cami to make semis, nothing more. Then she delivered and gave some hope for the season. 

Nothing overhyped here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This. Payge was my favorite but she also suffered from this.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Carter is seriously giving me Jordan Vibes lol. Jordan destroyed everyone in terms of views. I'm not sure about FB but on Ytube, by the time the other contestants had reached 200-300K views, Jordan was already at 3-4M imo. I know Jordan's views were far more significant than Carter's but considering that the viewership of THE VOICE has decreased a lot in the previous seasons, he is doing really well.

Yeah, we definitely can’t compare views from previous seasons. S15 is the last time I recall the contestants racking up large view counts. Chevel’s KO reached 500K before the end of the episode, and now has something like 26M. During the lives, all of Chevel, Kirk, and Kennedy were surpassing 1-2 million almost every week. Compare that to The current situation....excited about the runaway frontrunner having 500K, 2 days later. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, echoap said:

Taryn didn't live up to the expectations and I was the first one to say that Joanna had no chance on the show. Pre-season, I expected Cami to make semis, nothing more. Then she delivered and gave some hope for the season. 

Nothing overhyped here. 

We’ve had lots of people calling her a frontrunner or potential winner all season. It’s OK, we all do this, as I just pointed out with Taryn and Joanna. I could add more names, it’s a long list. I apologize for singling out Cami like this. 

• Like 2

I mean, IDF already declares winners pre season and they just don't bring it on the show. Remember when everyone thought Cam Spinks was winning S18 or at least going to the finale? Add to the fact that Todd wasnt even considered a threat until battles.

As for Joanna, yeah, she was quite hyped here, and she had very good numbers. It was her song choices that didnt help her. Not to mention that she did good with them because they fit her style, but that's not what the demographic likes.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, IDF already declares winners pre season and they just don't bring it on the show. Remember when everyone thought Cam Spinks was winning S18 or at least going to the finale? Add to the fact that Todd wasnt even considered a threat until battles.

As for Joanna, yeah, she was quite hyped here, and she had very good numbers. It was her song choices that didnt help her. Not to mention that she did good with them because they fit her style, but that's not what the demographic likes.

Joanna is very talented, but she has chosen to pursue something that sounds like elevator music to me. I know some people do like it, and I can’t fault her for pursuing the path of her choosing, but I can’t get into it. Taryn on the other hand...I will probably enjoy her new music. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We’ve had lots of people calling her a frontrunner or potential winner all season. It’s OK, we all do this, as I just pointed out with Taryn and Joanna. I could add more names, it’s a long list. I apologize for singling out Cami like this. 

Well, for what it's worth, IDF unanimously agreed that she had a fair shot at getting the PV last week. We still have people who think that Jim has a chance next week. :haha:

Now (and this is not directed to TeamAudra since he already clarified his position), if we start calling every contestant overhyped just because they are having a good run on the show then we could call basically every good contestant that didn't make the Finale overhyped, and that doesn't make sense to me. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s actually pretty good elevator music, though. :P 

She’s using a tiny fraction of her vocal ability. Remember those opera performances from Youtube? She could hold her own against Ryan in that arena. 

If only Joanna had chosen more powerful songs and used her full range.... she might have been unstoppable.... or maybe not, but Finale at least against Toneisha in that IS.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, anaandrade said:

I know this is random, but if Carter wins, he won't be the youngest winner the show has had. It would still be Brynn.

I believe he'll still be the youngest male winner, though, if he wins.  For many seasons, Sawyer's held on to that title (he was fifteen pre-Lives, and sixteen when he won).

14 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I don’t know if this was already said somewhere but Cami would’ve sung either Life On Mars (David Bowie), Must’ve Been Love (Roxette) or My Immortal (Evanescence) in the finale. Her duet with Kelly would’ve been Iris by Goo Goo Dolls but the Maggie Rogers/Phoebe Bridgers  version or Summertime Sadness by Lana del Rey. But hey, at least we’re getting a boring country duet instead🤗  :’)

CRYING rn omg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DETIED said:

Carter is younger by months, does that count?

OK, let’s settle this. Brynn’s 15th birthday was the day of the live playoff performances, April 16th. She was crowned the winner on May 22nd,  which was 37 days later. When is Carter’s birthday?

EDIT: I found it. Carter’s birthday was Oct 11th. Brynn will still be the youngest winner. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGNaMRlgYTO/?igshid=8zzzagenl862

Edited by TeamAudra