The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

So I think:

Covers

Carter- Unispired song choice that I personally dislike, but should be enough for him, he should be able to have a moment with this one, perfect for his voice.

Jim- This sounds like it will go the same as in "Without You", and if it does, then he has a chance at runner up consiering how much people loved his semifinals performance.

Desz- Weird song for her. This song is just pure tone, not vocal fireworks. I don´t know if this will work for her.

Ian- The song in paper is perfect for him, but seeing how he struggled with "Angel" on the semis and Jim getting a huge song again, I don´t see him going above 3rd.

John- He could very well nail the song, but I still don´t think he´ll be above 5th.

• Like 1

Landslide is cute, but it doesn't have the big moments. She really has to capture the emotion of the song to really connect with people. I could see it falling flat, but Carter was winning anyway. Unpopular opinion, but I don't really like Landslide.

The Climb is a very corny song, but once again, it's a song that will work for Carter due to his age. It would be a bus for anyone else. Team minivan will eat the lyrics up. 

• Like 2

Just now, joe14 said:

El deslizamiento de tierra es lindo, pero no tiene grandes momentos. Ella realmente tiene que capturar la emoción de la canción para conectarse realmente con la gente. Podía verlo caer, pero Carter estaba ganando de todos modos. Opinión impopular, pero realmente no me gusta Landslide.

The Climb es una canción muy cursi, pero una vez más, es una canción que funcionará para Carter debido a su edad. Sería un autobús para cualquier otra persona. La minivan del equipo se comerá la letra. 

saaaaame

But, in my opinion, Carter don't have the force and power for "The Climb". He is super pure and ethereal, the cover is meh

Just now, MatthewPalermo said:

So now my question becomes... who the hell is closing the show? Before the songs I would have said DeSz in a heartbeat, but my gut's telling me it's gonna be Carter again.

Could be John with Halo or Ian with In Color. Every season, we close with a cover and the penultimate song is an original so we should keep that in mind.

5 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Desz is fine on his cover. But it comes from singing BIG AND POWERFUL SONGS. Why make a simple, flat song on THE FINAL?

Landslide is legendary, show some respect (Plus I can see her killing it, similar to Rose with IWTKWLI)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So now my question becomes... who the hell is closing the show? Before the songs I would have said DeSz in a heartbeat, but my gut's telling me it's gonna be Carter again.

She can easily close with Landslide. I don't see the problem. They aren't going to let one person close two weeks in a row. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Desz is fine on his cover. But it comes from singing BIG AND POWERFUL SONGS. Why make a simple, flat song on THE FINAL?

Maybe this song choice will address the common criticism that she isn’t conveying much emotion through her performances? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pauwis said:

saaaaame

But, in my opinion, Carter don't have the force and power for "The Climb". He is super pure and ethereal, the cover is meh

The Climb doesn't require force or power 🥴

It's a very straight forward song. It's not a power ballad.