The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

My Favorites so far.

1. Tamara Jade-one of this seasons powerhouses. From what I’ve heard so far her range is sick. She has a similar sound to Kymberli when she hits high notes and I think John will do well with Tamara. *if he doesn’t dumb her in battles or knockouts* and this is Johns first AA powerhouse 4 chair turner so let’s see how he does.

2. Desz- I haven’t gotten to hear much from her but from a little clip on instagram. Her richness and runs reminds me so much of Toneisha. She doesn’t seem like the typical “screamer” but I think her restraint will benefit her like it did Toneisha and she’s the only one on Kelly team like that so.

3. John Holiday- he sounds like he can be a lock for lives. And his tone and high voice soothes me and I think him and John will go far.

We have the same top 3!!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Actually (hate to be that guy lmao) the lowest we ever got was just two four-chairs in Season 1, but four four-chairs is tied with S15 as the lowest since then. I'd be surprised if we weren't missing one more from Taping 6 but it's not implausible that we only got four of them in a smaller-team season even with the Gwen copy-catting factored in.

I always forget S1 is a thing LOL. 🤭

Surprised S15 is as low as S19 so far.

It has been mentioned by sources that the coaches are very picky this season.

3 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

wow I think this is the first AA female powerhouse to get the FIRST four chair turn of the season. 

John better not fumble the bag with Tamara.

do you guys think she’ll be the leaked audition? Being the first four chair turn?

I hope she will end up like Todd, first four chiar turn of s18 and wins.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

Oh we’re missing a taping? I didn’t notice wow 

We're missing sources for two tapings, the 6th and the 8th. Since we have 2 unknown chair turners for the 4th taping, we only have 8 more names to discover through those tapings. 

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

lol forget what I said about her not being a screamer...

IM SO GLAD HER AND TAMARA ARENT ON THE SAME TEAM AND SHE CHOSE KELLY.

this is Kelly’s first powerhouse from S15

OMG, just when I thought she didn't have as much vocal range, I really like her on Team Kelly

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

lol forget what I said about her not being a screamer...

IM SO GLAD HER AND TAMARA ARENT ON THE SAME TEAM AND SHE CHOSE KELLY.

this is Kelly’s first powerhouse from S15

remind me of Kyla Jade (Well of course)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

We're missing sources for two tapings, the 6th and the 8th. Since we have 2 unknown chair turners for the 4th taping, we only have 8 more names to discover through those tapings. 

Oh wow so there definitely could be more than 4 four chairs 

So far, my top 2 from each team:

Kelly - DeSz is very, very good and could do well in the lives (Team Kelly isn't quite as big of a boost as Team Blake but it's still a big one) and Skylar being only 15 blows my mind, though I don't expect her to make the lives and I'm hoping I'm wrong about that.  

Gwen - usually Gwen's team ends up having multiples I like and this year is no exception - Lain's tone is cool but I don't think Lewis Capaldi was the best choice for him, and I'll be on the Liam fan thread once someone starts it (I don't have time to run it or I would).

John - Tamara's got to make it to the lives or I'm suing  and Julia's got a very distinctive voice that's perfect for the Maggie Rogers song she had for her blind. Team Legend is stacked as heck so I wouldn't be surprised to have one or two more favorites arise from his team. 

Blake - Usually Blake gets one or two I like, and he's got Sam who's far and away my favorite on his team. Picking a second is a little bit harder, though Jim and JusJon are both competing for that spot.

Also, if a Tamara vs. John Holiday battle happens and doesn't result in a steal, I'll scream.

• Like 4

Who do you guys think will be the first leaked audition?

The first four chair turn? - Tamara Jade
The second four chair turn? - Desz

A 4 Chair Turn with a Block- Cami Clune (maybe not because she’s all the way from one of the last tapings)

Or A 3-Chair Turn with a Block? 

8 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Oh wow so there definitely could be more than 4 four chairs 

Edit Nvm, i m dumb :lmao:

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I'll be on the Liam fan thread once someone starts it (I don't have time to run it or I would).

Samee

Edited by Archanium
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

So far, my top 2 from each team:

Kelly - DeSz is very, very good and could do well in the lives (Team Kelly isn't quite as big of a boost as Team Blake but it's still a big one) and Skylar being only 15 blows my mind, though I don't expect her to make the lives and I'm hoping I'm wrong about that.  

Gwen - usually Gwen's team ends up having multiples I like and this year is no exception - Lain's tone is cool but I don't think Lewis Capaldi was the best choice for him, and I'll be on the Liam fan thread once someone starts it (I don't have time to run it or I would).

John - Tamara's got to make it to the lives or I'm suing  and Julia's got a very distinctive voice that's perfect for the Maggie Rogers song she had for her blind. Team Legend is stacked as heck so I wouldn't be surprised to have one or two more favorites arise from his team. 

Blake - Usually Blake gets one or two I like, and he's got Sam who's far and away my favorite on his team. Picking a second is a little bit harder, though Jim and JusJon are both competing for that spot.

Also, if a Tamara vs. John Holiday battle happens and doesn't result in a steal, I'll scream.

I think Desz is a lock for lives seeing nobody is like her on team kelly. And that’s Kelly’s ONLY four chair turn. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

But I could really see John pairing John and Tamara. Unless he is smart and pairs both of them with someone else.

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Who do you guys think will be the first leaked audition?

The first four chair turn? - Tamara Jade
The second four chair turn? - Desz

A 4 Chair Turn with a Block- Cami Clune (maybe not because she’s all the way from one of the last tapings)

Or A 3-Chair Turn with a Block? 

They don't air auditions in order - blocks are usually done by episode 3 (so even though Cami was later on, I expect her to make it into the first three episodes due to the block). Based on previous patterns of leaks, they'll likely have to turn at least three chairs with a less "typical" song choice and the block is optional, plus it has to be someone that they think the audience will gel with - Cami's a good possibility but my gut instinct says it's one of the following (since usually Kelly and Blake turn for the artists they leak):

• Cami Clune (song choice not too out there, four chairs with a block)
  • Tamara Jade (four chair turn, more out there song)
  • John Holiday (got three chairs but the higher voice could make him a good "shock value" candidate for an edit making it so we don't see it's a guy til someone turns)
  • Taryn Papa (country does well with the audience, a block was used and Kelly's reactions to getting blocked make for good content to draw people in)
  • DeSz (four chairs, song choice less divisive than Lizzo, ultimately ends up on Team Kelly)

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

They don't air auditions in order - blocks are usually done by episode 3 (so even though Cami was later on, I expect her to make it into the first three episodes due to the block). Based on previous patterns of leaks, they'll likely have to turn at least three chairs with a less "typical" song choice and the block is optional, plus it has to be someone that they think the audience will gel with - Cami's a good possibility but my gut instinct says it's one of the following (since usually Kelly and Blake turn for the artists they leak):

• Cami Clune (song choice not too out there, four chairs with a block)
  • Tamara Jade (four chair turn, more out there song)
  • John Holiday (got three chairs but the higher voice could make him a good "shock value" candidate for an edit making it so we don't see it's a guy til someone turns)
  • Taryn Papa (country does well with the audience, a block was used and Kelly's reactions to getting blocked make for good content to draw people in)
  • DeSz (four chairs, song choice less divisive than Lizzo, ultimately ends up on Team Kelly)

I lowkey think they’re gonna do Tamara because of the Lizzo song 

Just now, jus.vshn said:

I lowkey think they’re gonna do Tamara because of the Lizzo song 

That's true, but it's not "Good as Hell" which is the one everyone knows (I'm saying everyone because if Blake knows it and it's not a country song then it has to be a big deal 🤣) - Tamara is a strong candidate for the leak and John gets a surprisingly high amount of blind leaks, so I'd guess it's between Cami, Tamara, and John Holiday since they're all on his team.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LukeB1219 said:

I’m hoping that Thomas Stringfellow got a chair to turn. I’ve been a fan of his since Idol

Me too! 🤞 I’ve looked back on his Idol performances and I’m looking forward to seeing how he’s grown. 😁

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

My Favorites so far.

1. Tamara Jade-one of this seasons powerhouses. From what I’ve heard so far her range is sick. She has a similar sound to Kymberli when she hits high notes and I think John will do well with Tamara. *if he doesn’t dumb her in battles or knockouts* and this is Johns first AA powerhouse 4 chair turner so let’s see how he does.

2. Desz- I haven’t gotten to hear much from her but from a little clip on instagram. Her richness and runs reminds me so much of Toneisha. She doesn’t seem like the typical “screamer” but I think her restraint will benefit her like it did Toneisha and she’s the only one on Kelly team like that so.

3. John Holiday- he sounds like he can be a lock for lives. And his tone and high voice soothes me and I think him and John will go far.

Honorable Mention

Sid Kingsley- from what I’ve heard, his tone is sick and he seems to have a big voice. I look coward to hearing more from him.

Julia Cooper- she reminds of Joanna. Her tone is nice and her runs and placement is impressive.

AGREED with 1&2  🙌 can’t wait to see how John handles such a lit team and Desz will prolly make it to lives. Just checked out Sid Kingsley, he does have a super cool tone. It’s pretty unique- not sure I’ve heard one like that before. He doesn’t have that many recent singing videos on his IG but just posted a new one that’s pretty cool
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsHNDvFZRC/?igshid=pq30bhpc1lid

Just now, antikid said:

Did Gwen not get a single three chair turn? I'm not surprised she didn't get any four chair turns especially with John there but dang has this happened before to any coach?

Maybe she has, she still have a missing artist, and there are missing infos so far