The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Guys, i didn't meant to cause a whole debate over my post, sorry. I was just stating a fact (yes, a fact, because it's clear that white country men will always have better chance to make it farther on this show than black soul women, and btw, it has nothing to do with talent) and i stupidly thought that all people here were very well aware of that, but apparently, i was wrong. Sorry

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I agree with your premise, but with a caveat. I think the way systemic racism works in music isn’t that POC are downvoted per se. It’s that the characteristics associated with POC artists are internalized as bad and downvoted. The preference for a country twang over gospel runs is real among the viewers of the Voice. But it comes from devaluing the things associated with POC.

So if the Voice maintained “Blind” auditions throughout the show and never showed the artists to the viewers, the ones who would do better would be the ones who sounded “whiter”. 

Yes, this is also true. 

33 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Guys, i didn't meant to cause a whole debate over my post, sorry. I was just stating a fact (yes, a fact, because it's clear that white country men will always have better chance to make it farther on this show than black soul women, and btw, it has nothing to do with talent) and i stupidly thought that all people here were very well aware of that, but apparently, i was wrong. Sorry

If this debate brought some awareness to someone reading, I would say it was worth it.

Back on topic, do you think we will be getting originals this season? We got them last season despite CO-VID, but I’m not confident we will get them this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

I agree with your premise, but with a caveat. I think the way systemic racism works in music isn’t that POC are downvoted per se. It’s that the characteristics associated with POC artists are internalized as bad and downvoted. The preference for a country twang over gospel runs is real among the viewers of the Voice. But it comes from devaluing the things associated with POC.

So if the Voice maintained “Blind” auditions throughout the show and never showed the artists to the viewers, the ones who would do better would be the ones who sounded “whiter”. 

I like to see rational comments on this forum 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If this debate brought some awareness to someone reading, I would say it was worth it.

Back on topic, do you think we will be getting originals this season? We got them last season despite CO-VID, but I’m not confident we will get them this season.

Agreed! Don’t apologize for truth 

As it relates to originals, Carter apparently wants to go the pop singer-songwriter route a la a Lewis capaldi, Ed Sheeran 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.etonline.com/the-voices-carter-rubin-on-his-amazing-rainbow-connection-performance-and-future-album-plans-157486%3famp

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

So The Masked Singer but make it The Voice. I like it - Writing that one down. 👍

That’s how they do symphony orchestra auditions. Not the masks, obvi! But the panel doesn’t see them play and they even use rugs so that can’t tell if the person is wearing heels (lots of bias against women in classical music).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You maybe right but who knows?

Btw Tessanne falls into the category of Black female. She may not be an AA but she is from Kingston Jamaica and she has Black family background.

I think one of the reasons that an AA Black women have never won is also because they usually have big voices which aren't pleasant to some people. Some call it screaming mess.

Isn't your fave a big Voice? It was so easy for Jordan Smith to Win. We could consider him a screamer too.

Edited by Ronald13

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Agreed! Don’t apologize for truth 

As it relates to originals, Carter apparently wants to go the pop singer-songwriter route a la a Lewis capaldi, Ed Sheeran 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.etonline.com/the-voices-carter-rubin-on-his-amazing-rainbow-connection-performance-and-future-album-plans-157486%3famp

Baby No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Baby No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Yeah...Carter's voice is way too good for the "Lewis Capaldi and Ed Sheeran" pop realm. We will see with his original song next week (if there are originals).

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was just thinking fans of contestants likely participating in the instant save should be rooting for Jim to get the PV. Ian would be much easier to beat, IMO. 

I’m rooting for Jim to get PV because he was better than Ian, and because of this. We have to make sure it’s an easy win for DeSz in the IS. 

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, VoiceFan! said:

Desz is currently doing much better in ALL social media platforms, and she got the PV over Cami when Cami did her absolute best and Desz didn’t live up to expectations (T17). Tonight Desz redeemed herself and Cami flopped

Let me remind you of this queen. :wub: 

taryn-papa-the-voice-anyway.jpg?w=980&q=

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

PLEASE CAMI ‘when the party’s over’ is your last chance is better be her IS song

That would definitely be a good song for her to sing EXCEPT Billie Eillish songs for some reason don't really respond well to the audience, especially in rounds where voters' votes are CRUCIAL 🙄

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

That would definitely be a good song for her to sing EXCEPT Billie Eillish songs for some reason don't really respond well to the audience, especially in rounds where voters' votes are CRUCIAL 🙄

Ur totally right (hi Julia). That said I think The Scientist could be a good option. Honestly I’ll settle with any song that minivan likes and she slays plss LMAO

• Like 1