The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

so what do you recommend desz does in the finale to get votes. or, for any of the others in the finale, what could help them win?

Do what Toneisha did.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Just now, mariahmc said:

it does work! thank you so much! But if you ever find a link to Youtube could you please send it to me? So i can download it!!! Thank you ❤️

of course! this is the link to the whole playlist. it has all the performances from the top 17 and the top 9. the last 9 are from the top 9. (these are the studios though)

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlYqpJ9JE-J-I4mDtIq_Mr_zj9B7ul4eE 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Her BA was good but her battle and KO were kind of ehh for me. I can totally see why  you thought she was super consistent because she is one of your top 3 favorite contestants ever...right? B)

Take Sasha Allen or Chris Blue as an example. I disliked almost all of their performances (Sasha’s vibrato and Chris’ falsetto drove me nuts) but at the same time I had to admit they were great contestants, even if I disliked them. My point is that you can’t claim someone is inconsistent just because you don’t like them. 

Anyways @istersay I think this should be moved to the GD thread

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Take Sasha Allen or Chris Blue as an example. I disliked almost all of their performances (Sasha’s vibrato and Chris’ falsetto drove me nuts) but at the same time I had to admit they were great contestants, even if I disliked them. My point is that you can’t claim someone is inconsistent just because you don’t like them. 

Anyways @istersay I think this should be moved to the GD thread

It's not that I don't like her I just said what I observed.

Btw There is no point in continuing this. No one's gonna change their mind.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Like I said above I never watched more than two or three performances of hers because her tone is way too tight for me to handle(the same issue that some people have with John H this season).

Then how is it fair for you to judge her like that after not even seeing all her performances? :/ 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

It's not that I don't like her I just said what I observed.

Btw There is no point in continuing this. No one's gonna change their mind.

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!!!!! YOU DIDN'T WATCH HER PERFORMANCES BUT SAY SHE WAS INCONSISTENT!! YOU MAKE NO SENSE

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Then how is it fair for you to judge her like that after not even seeing all her performances? :/ 

Lol I watched all ber taped round performances. It was during the lives when I and only watched HOTRS/What's UP.

• Like 1
Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Lol I watched all ber taped round performances. It was during the lives when I and only watched HOTRS/What's UP.

How can you say she was inconsistent if you didn’t watch all of her performances though? :/ 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Then how is it fair for you to judge her like that after not even seeing all her performances? :/l

If I'm not wrong then I said Kimberly was inconsistent during the taped rounds. I hope it makes sense.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none of them were good enough.

This folks is called systematic racism. The idea that Black women are labelled as "screamers" while white women who do the same thing are not, is part of it, also the well they had more diverse appeal....yeah because they had white/light skin tone. 

Start with the idea that vocal talent is fairly generally distributed amongst all sexes and races, so if you keep seeing the same type of person win, the answer isn't usually all about talent. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10
3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none of them were good enough.

This folks is called systematic racism. The idea that Black women are labelled as "screamers" while white women who do the same thing are not, is part of it, also the well they had more diverse appeal....yeah because they had white/light skin tone. 

Start with the idea that vocal talent is fairly generally distributed amongst all sexes and races, so if you keep seeing the same type of person win, the answer isn't usually all about talent.

Preach. It’s frightening how many people actually believe that skin color is a non factor.

• Like 16
6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I agree with your premise, but with a caveat. I think the way systemic racism works in music isn’t that POC are downvoted per se. It’s that the characteristics associated with POC artists are internalized as bad and downvoted. The preference for a country twang over gospel runs is real among the viewers of the Voice. But it comes from devaluing the things associated with POC.

So if the Voice maintained “Blind” auditions throughout the show and never showed the artists to the viewers, the ones who would do better would be the ones who sounded “whiter”. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I agree with your premise, but with a caveat. I think the way systemic racism works in music isn’t that POC are downvoted per se. It’s that the characteristics associated with POC artists are internalized as bad and downvoted. The preference for a country twang over gospel runs is real among the viewers of the Voice. But it comes from devaluing the things associated with POC.

So if the Voice maintained “Blind” auditions throughout the show and never showed the artists to the viewers, the ones who would do better would be the ones who sounded “whiter”. 

So The Masked Singer but make it The Voice. I like it - Writing that one down. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1