The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

Just now, Angelbright said:

I think Desz can turn this around and make Herstory

I would love for that to happen and she's receiving a really great amount of support despite of that underwhelming performance last time but.. Carter is destroying it on all social media platforms and Ian too. I just don't have the trust for team minivan, she might even not enter the Top 3 if there are no team quotas 😔

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Actually, her chances are improved with the one per team format. She’s guaranteed a chance to sing for the instant save. With the old format, I don’t think she could get a top 3 PV spot. She’d more than likely be middle 3. 

Yeah Cami is not getting the votes people thinks she is getting. She has had to be carried up to this point so a top 5 IS is like her best chances to sneak into the finale. 

She has Bailey beat. That's like the only person I can confidently say she is doing better than. I see middle 3 for her, but it will depend on performance imo.

EDIT: noticed you said the exact same thing a couple post later. Don't mind me lol.

Edited by joe14
15 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It used to come down to the token male country singer in the lives vs. everyone else, and we’d all joke about them being the certain winner of the season. Now, minivan has several flavors to choose from most seasons. They soundly rejected Tanner, so my advice to future contestants would be to leave the cowboy hat at home. Secondly, don’t worry about showing any range. Just stick with the 1/2 octave, popular song choices, and show off the lower register. That’s what minivan likes. 

if "showing off the lower register" is what it takes then Ian should have this in the bag LOL.

hang on, i thought minivan was breaking for Carter?

Edited by Catsy
45 minutes ago, Catsy said:

They are.  If you check everyone's numbers and stats, he's killing everybody.  The only one close to touching him is Desz.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Catsy said:

if "showing off the lower register" is what it takes then Ian should have this in the bag LOL.

Minivan appears to favoring Carter, but there’s always a male country singer lingering within striking distance. This season,’there are three. Honestly, none if the three strike me as winner material, but any of them could win in a season where the frontrunner flops. I don’t think that will happen, though. 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, roundtown said:

I don't think they'll have that many OHN's or HYAMLC's in one show. lol  I just watched the commercial again and the clips they included were:

Kelly - Underneath the Tree

Michael Bublé - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Gwen ft Mon Laverie - Feliz Navidad

Gwen & Blake - You Make It Feel Like Christmas

Dolly Parton & Jennifer Nettles + S11 Top 10 - Circle of Love

John & Katie Kadan - Merry Christmas Baby

JHud & Kelly - O Holy Night

Adam, Blake, Gwen & Pharrell - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The Voice twitter tweeted this one out ... Kelly & Jake Hoot - Wintersong.

And then the description said that Blake, Gwen, Kelly and John will share favorite holiday traditions and memories throughout. That should make close to a full hour.

There's apparently a group performance from this season too, Sid mentioned on instagram that he's playing sax during it. 

And as mentioned in a post in the S20 thread, he got a sax solo during Kelly's Underneath the Tree performance last night too.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Um anyways off topic but do y’all have a link or do ya know where I could look to find India Carney’s “Earth Song” performance (not the studio) and Kimberly Nicole’s “Dirty Diana” ?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jjch1 Kimberly’s Dirty Diana starts at about the 47 minute mark! i’ve never posted a link here so let’s hope i did it right🤞 the account has a bunch of old voice episodes so India’s Earth Song may be somewhere there too!

now all my trauma from the night she was eliminated is coming back y’all help me😖

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Thanks 5
41 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Does anyone remember which day we got the announcement of the "Top 5 Finale" format last season? Because I think we should have already gotten a notice if they are going to repeat it.

May 8th, two days after the Top 17 results

10 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jjch1 Kimberly’s Dirty Diana starts at about the 47 minute mark! i’ve never posted a link here so let’s hope i did it right🤞 the account has a bunch of old voice episodes so India’s Earth Song may be somewhere there too!

Ooh, a full episode! :clap: (at least I think it is.) 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ooh, a full episode! :clap: (at least I think it is.) 

the account has so many old episodes if anyone is looking for any old performances! the episodes aren’t always in full but there’s a lot of episodes there. i did some detective work a few years ago to find this performance deep in the dark crevices of dailymotion😂

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Minivan appears to favoring Carter, but there’s always a male country singer lingering within striking distance. This season,’there are three. Honestly, none if the three strike me as winner material, but any of them could win in a season where the frontrunner flops. I don’t think that will happen, though. 

To me, Carter comes off as extremely poised. AND he expertly handled a Mariah song last week. He is not going to flop. In fact, I can't imagine a scenario on this show where he DOESN'T win. Based on his social media numbers, his young age, and the big songs he's choosing, I think he's got this pretty solidly.

I'm just saying that now, though; anything could change in the next two weeks. The only two contestants who I think could be threats to him are Desz (provided that she doesn't flop next week; I don't think she will) and Ian (same thing, he's going to be good; Blake is going to set him up with a good song). Even though no one is close to Carter, Desz has a surprisingly high amount of support, and Ian is gaining momentum rapidly.

BTW, I can think of several theories for why Minivan rejected Tanner. I may be wrong, but it seems like the viewers really seem to be connecting to the slower and more soulful country songs offered by people like Jim, Ian, and Ben. I think if Tanner had chosen a ballad for either his Playoffs or Instant Save, he could have stood a fighting chance. As soon as they said he was singing "Pickin' Wildflowers" in the IS, I knew it was over. I don't think people are connecting with singers like him who dance around the stage to upbeat songs while donning cowboy hats; I've seen the most universal praise for Ian and Ben's slow songs, and Jim's "Humble and Kind." It says a lot that Jim didn't receive nearly as much praise when he performed an upbeat song for the Playoffs. Tanner's flavor of country just didn't connect with the viewers this year.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Bouli said:

To me, Carter comes off as extremely poised. AND he expertly handled a Mariah song last week. He is not going to flop. In fact, I can't imagine a scenario on this show where he DOESN'T win. Based on his social media numbers, his young age, and the big songs he's choosing, I think he's got this pretty solidly.

I'm just saying that now, though; anything could change in the next two weeks. The only two contestants who I think could be threats to him are Desz (provided that she doesn't flop next week; I don't think she will) and Ian (same thing, he's going to be good; Blake is going to set him up with a good song). Even though no one is close to Carter, Desz has a surprisingly high amount of support, and Ian is gaining momentum rapidly.

BTW, I can think of several theories for why Minivan rejected Tanner. I may be wrong, but it seems like the viewers really seem to be connecting to the slower and more soulful country songs offered by people like Jim, Ian, and Ben. I think if Tanner had chosen a ballad for either his Playoffs or Instant Save, he could have stood a fighting chance. As soon as they said he was singing "Pickin' Wildflowers" in the IS, I knew it was over. I don't think people are connecting with singers like him who dance around the stage to upbeat songs while donning cowboy hats; I've seen the most universal praise for Ian and Ben's slow songs, and Jim's "Humble and Kind." It says a lot that Jim didn't receive nearly as much praise when he performed an upbeat song for the Playoffs. Tanner's flavor of country just didn't connect with the viewers this year.

Uptempo country songs in the live shows are usually a bus. The only country singers who’ve pulled them off in recent seasons are Chevel and Andrew Sevener. Those might have even been bus attempts, for all we know. Most country singers steer clear for obviously reasons, but then they get criticized for “singing the same song every week.” It’s actually a valid criticism, IMO. 

I just think they didn’t like Tanner. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Uptempo country songs in the live shows are usually a bus. The only country singers who’ve pulled them in recent seasons are Chevel and Andrew Sevener. Those might have even been bus attempts, for all we know. Most country singers steer clear for obviously reasons, but then they get criticized for “singing the same song every week.” It’s actually a valid criticism, IMO. 

LOL, well, then they gave Tanner every one they could find in their catalog until they could get rid of him. There's no other reason why he wouldn't sing a single ballad after his audition/montaged battle.

And I can see why they wouldn't like Tanner. At least in my opinion, his voice was kinda plain and didn't have much range. It's hard to like him when there's actually legitimately strong country talent this season. Ian, Jim, and Ben are all great.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Uptempo country songs in the live shows are usually a bus. The only country singers who’ve pulled them off in recent seasons are Chevel and Andrew Sevener. Those might have even been bus attempts, for all we know. Most country singers steer clear for obviously reasons, but then they get criticized for “singing the same song every week.” It’s actually a valid criticism, IMO. 

I also remember on Season 12 where they gave Lauren Duski an uptempo "Tell Me Why". I think it was a bus attempt also to favor Chris Blue. Fortunately, that song reached #10 on iTunes chart that round.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I also remember on Season 12 where they gave Lauren Duski an uptempo "Tell Me Why". I think it was a bus attempt also to favor Chris Blue. Fortunately, that song reached #10 on iTunes chart that round.

That’s actually one of my favorite performances of her. She was starting to get into one-trick pony territory so I think it was a refreshing song choice.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daillon said:

That’s actually one of my favorite performances of her. She was starting to get into one-trick pony territory so I think it was a refreshing song choice.

Yeah I agree I also loved that performance. I guess that song was given to her in order to address the complaints in youtube about her singing only country ballads.

6 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

She made it through in one piece, but it definitely wasn’t as well received as most of her performances. 

The easiest way to bus a country singer is to give them a Sam Hunt song, like the one Kirk Jay sang. However, in that case, I think he actually chose it for some reason. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

She made it through in one piece, but it definitely wasn’t as well received as most of her performances. 

The easiest way to bus a country singer is to give them a Sam Hunt song, like the one Kirk Jay sang. However, in that case, I think he actually chose it for some reason. 

Yeah. that was Body Like a Back Road, I was shocked he sang that song though. If he indeed chose that song, it really hurt his chances of winning the show.

• Like 3