Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

Guesses for tonight (maybe not 100% realistic but idc)

Kelly

PV: Cami

CS: Desz

WC: Tanner

 

Gwen
PV: Carter

CS: Payge

WC: Ben

 

John

PV: John

CS: Bailey

WC: Tamara

 

Blake

PV: Ian

CS: WTW
WC: Sid

 

WC Winner: Sid or Ben, leaning Sid because Tanner in the WC would potentially take some votes away from Ben.

 

Notes:

  • I don't trust Kelly to save Desz, but it's the smarter choice than sending her into the WC.
    • If Desz gets the PV, Kelly will save Tanner and Cami's WC bound.
  • Gwen's team is the one I'm most confident on, especially the coach save.
    • If I'm wrong and Ben gets the PV, I could see her saving Carter, meaning Payge should go to the WC.
  • John's team will likely have these three, though I don't know the order - John H. is a Minivan favorite, Tamara was also strong last night, and Bailey's genre-wise the Minivan match.
    • John also has had luck getting so-called "gimmick" acts through via the vote, which is why John H. is the one I put as PV and his "beat Blake with country" thing might save Bailey.
    • If Tamara is in the WC, she's screwed; if it's Bailey or John H., then there's a chance (albeit slim) one of them could get the WC.
  • Blake's team will have WTW on it one way or the other, but Ian being a solo act with a popular/well-known song + that unique tone could give him the edge.
    • In the event WTW gets the PV, then Blake should save Ian but I could see him saving Jim.
    • For Sid to have a clearer shot at the WC, Ian needs to get the PV so WTW can be saved, as I suspect Sid's total is third or fourth on the team.
      • WTW coming first means that Ian (likely second place) will be WC bound if Blake chooses to save Jim, therefore eliminating Sid and MJ's disappointment will be heard halfway across the globe
    • The non-WTW act likelihood of a WC win: Ian > Sid = Jim >>>> Taryn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Guesses for tonight (maybe not 100% realistic but idc)

Kelly

PV: Cami

CS: Desz

WC: Tanner

 

Gwen
PV: Carter

CS: Payge

WC: Ben

 

John

PV: John

CS: Bailey

WC: Tamara

 

Blake

PV: Ian

CS: WTW
WC: Sid

 

WC Winner: Sid or Ben, leaning Sid because Tanner in the WC would potentially take some votes away from Ben.

 

Notes:

  • I don't trust Kelly to save Desz, but it's the smarter choice than sending her into the WC.
    • If Desz gets the PV, Kelly will save Tanner and Cami's WC bound.
  • Gwen's team is the one I'm most confident on, especially the coach save.
    • If I'm wrong and Ben gets the PV, I could see her saving Carter, meaning Payge should go to the WC.
  • John's team will likely have these three, though I don't know the order - John H. is a Minivan favorite, Tamara was also strong last night, and Bailey's genre-wise the Minivan match.
    • John also has had luck getting so-called "gimmick" acts through via the vote, which is why John H. is the one I put as PV and his "beat Blake with country" thing might save Bailey.
    • If Tamara is in the WC, she's screwed; if it's Bailey or John H., then there's a chance (albeit slim) one of them could get the WC.
  • Blake's team will have WTW on it one way or the other, but Ian being a solo act with a popular/well-known song + that unique tone could give him the edge.
    • In the event WTW gets the PV, then Blake should save Ian but I could see him saving Jim.
    • For Sid to have a clearer shot at the WC, Ian needs to get the PV so WTW can be saved, as I suspect Sid's total is third or fourth on the team.
      • WTW coming first means that Ian (likely second place) will be WC bound if Blake chooses to save Jim, therefore eliminating Sid and MJ's disappointment will be heard halfway across the globe
    • The non-WTW act likelihood of a WC win: Ian > Sid = Jim >>>> Taryn

Ugh John plz don't save Bailey Rae

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Guesses for tonight (maybe not 100% realistic but idc)

Kelly

PV: Cami

CS: Desz

WC: Tanner

 

Gwen
PV: Carter

CS: Payge

WC: Ben

 

John

PV: John

CS: Bailey

WC: Tamara

 

Blake

PV: Ian

CS: WTW
WC: Sid

 

WC Winner: Sid or Ben, leaning Sid because Tanner in the WC would potentially take some votes away from Ben.

 

Notes:

  • I don't trust Kelly to save Desz, but it's the smarter choice than sending her into the WC.
    • If Desz gets the PV, Kelly will save Tanner and Cami's WC bound.
  • Gwen's team is the one I'm most confident on, especially the coach save.
    • If I'm wrong and Ben gets the PV, I could see her saving Carter, meaning Payge should go to the WC.
  • John's team will likely have these three, though I don't know the order - John H. is a Minivan favorite, Tamara was also strong last night, and Bailey's genre-wise the Minivan match.
    • John also has had luck getting so-called "gimmick" acts through via the vote, which is why John H. is the one I put as PV and his "beat Blake with country" thing might save Bailey.
    • If Tamara is in the WC, she's screwed; if it's Bailey or John H., then there's a chance (albeit slim) one of them could get the WC.
  • Blake's team will have WTW on it one way or the other, but Ian being a solo act with a popular/well-known song + that unique tone could give him the edge.
    • In the event WTW gets the PV, then Blake should save Ian but I could see him saving Jim.
    • For Sid to have a clearer shot at the WC, Ian needs to get the PV so WTW can be saved, as I suspect Sid's total is third or fourth on the team.
      • WTW coming first means that Ian (likely second place) will be WC bound if Blake chooses to save Jim, therefore eliminating Sid and MJ's disappointment will be heard halfway across the globe
    • The non-WTW act likelihood of a WC win: Ian > Sid = Jim >>>> Taryn

I agree with all of this except that I think that Tamara might get the PV.

Also I hope Sid makes it to the next round. He is one of the most interesting contestants this season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bouli said:

 

I stopped doubting Blake when he saved TSoul in Season 12. That was when I knew he was legit. I didn't 'love' TSoul that season, but I thought he was good, and I was shocked that Blake stuck with him so loyally.

 

I REALLY stopped doubting Blake when he put so much effort into giving Kyla Jade a phenomenal season (until her legendary bus finale). Same with Toneisha, without the bussing.

 

Just based on those three decisions alone, I don't think it's 100% out of the question for Blake to save Sid.

The Blake + TSoul match was a weird one on paper but they worked well together - I wasn't a fan of his voice but TSoul's interactions with Blake were always fun to watch.

 

As for Kyla and Blake - that was less of a strange pairing for me (even though Kelly was a better genre match, Blake's expertise on the show made him a much smarter long-term strategic move) and I wouldn't be surprised if Kyla was more involved than we think with her bussing. Toneisha & Blake was a great match too - it was obvious that both of them had a lot of respect for each other as artists even if they weren't cut from the same musical cloth.

 

The big difference between all three pair-ups and Sid's situation is that Sid is a steal, while all three of the others were on Team Blake from day one - and Blake's loyalty to his original team is commendable (if sometimes frustrating when my favorites are his steals). That's why I think Sid's more likely to be WC bound than saved if he doesn't get the PV - though I would be happy to have Blake prove me wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


The whole thing is weird. If he means it when he says “let’s win this thing,” why in the hell did he give him that song? 
 

Anyway, one of the members of the trio has serious nerve issues, per their latest IG post. She almost puked on stage. It literally says that in the post. Blake could have concerns about that. 

He also told Jim “just do that again next week”

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

my theory is that kyla wanteto get bussed because she was doing so well and she had stated that she didn't want to win. she was clearly at least second place, and if she had delivered performances as good as her regular ones, she would have risked getting the win

 

Wait why didn't she want to win? This is new for me woah

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Wait why didn't she want to win? This is new for me woah

my guess is that she knew the restrictions that winners had, but i don't know. i remember someone mentioning that she tweeted (?) that she didn't want to win. she doesn't strike me as the type to say that because she lost (and i don't remember if it was before or after results).

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The dumpster fire contract that comes with the record deal likely was part of it, if I had to guess.

If the Voice ever wants to produce a star WINNER, then this is the first thing they need to fix. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Wait why didn't she want to win? This is new for me woah


No one who is a viable commercial artist WANTS to win. That’s why having a winner like Todd T is perfect for the show. No one expects a 40+ yo guy with zero industry experience to do anything. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

If the Voice ever wants to produce a star WINNER, then this is the first thing they need to fix. 

 

I honestly don't think they would anymore. This is just for the artists' exposure and entertainment

 

Idol have something that really makes some of their contestants famous, and I'm happy about it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

If the Voice ever wants to produce a star WINNER, then this is the first thing they need to fix. 

Well, apparently it doesn't seem like it's actually a requirement for the winner to actually sign the record contract with Republic. Both Chevel and Jake never signed with Republic after they won. Most likely the legal team that was used to get Brynn out of her contract with Republic found a loop hole in The Voice contract and the subsequent winners from Team Kelly were advised about this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Well, apparently it doesn't seem like it's actually a requirement for the winner to actually sign the record contract with Republic. Both Chevel and Jake never signed with Republic after they won. Most likely the legal team that was used to get Brynn out of her contract with Republic found a loop hole in The Voice contract and the subsequent winners from Team Kelly were advised about this.


The point is that the “prize” of the label deal has become anything but that. It’s considered a burden and something to work around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

my guess is that she knew the restrictions that winners had, but i don't know. i remember someone mentioning that she tweeted (?) that she didn't want to win. she doesn't strike me as the type to say that because she lost (and i don't remember if it was before or after results).

Someone asked Kyla on Instagram how she felt when she was announced as placing third and she responded in text on her story "Relief". I really think she purposely picked song choices that weren't that great for her to make sure she didn't win. In my opinion, the outcome of that season was what was best for all of the top 3.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record deal, Republic Records or whichever Universal label gets the winner, is known to not care at all about The Voice.  It's a deal in name only and there is zero interest or investment in properly launching the artist.  They are also stuck there for a period of time and in neutral while others can try to do something to get further ahead.

 

I can completely understand why contestants wouldn't want to be stuck, especially those who could have other options.  It's just a platform to get on, and then off before they get too deep.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


The point is that the “prize” of the label deal has become anything but that. It’s considered a burden and something to work around.

But what can the show do? They can't make the label give a crap. In my opinion the label actually has an interest in the winner not succeeding because if the show can produce a star without their expertise in A & R handpicking who gets a deal and who doesn't that makes their job obsolete. From what I've heard about how the music industry works from artists who've been in it a long time so much is based on who can take credit for an artist's success. If a new artist becomes a star in the eyes of industry executives the person that "discovered" them and the label head that signed them get the credit. Since no one at Republic picked The Voice winner there is no one motivated to make them a success because they can't take credit for them in the way they can take credit for their own discoveries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

But what can the show do? They can't make the label give a crap. In my opinion the label actually has an interest in the winner not succeeding because if the show can produce a star without their expertise in A & R handpicking who gets a deal and who doesn't that makes their job obsolete. From what I've heard about how the music industry works from artists who've been in it a long time so much is based on who can take credit for an artist's success. If a new artist becomes a star in the eyes of industry executives the person that "discovered" them and the label head that signed them get the credit. Since no one at Republic picked The Voice winner there is no one motivated to make them a success because they can't take credit for them in the way they can take credit for their own discoveries.

money is what they can do

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

But what can the show do? They can't make the label give a crap. In my opinion the label actually has an interest in the winner not succeeding because if the show can produce a star without their expertise in A & R handpicking who gets a deal and who doesn't that makes their job obsolete. From what I've heard about how the music industry works from artists who've been in it a long time so much is based on who can take credit for an artist's success. If a new artist becomes a star in the eyes of industry executives the person that "discovered" them and the label head that signed them get the credit. Since no one at Republic picked The Voice winner there is no one motivated to make them a success because they can't take credit for them in the way they can take credit for their own discoveries.


Renegotiate or walk away from the contract. We’re on S19. There is no way the original contract was for this many seasons. 
 

They dropped Apple Music in favor of YT music. Do the same with the label aspect, but instead of a new label give them cash, studio time, and whatever else an artist would need to self-fund a project.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...