The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

41 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I think they pretty much want Carter to win.  I don't think they want Desz to win at all. I don't see why they would pimp Tamara over John Holiday especially when they have Desz there already. They fill the same role. I think Desz gets pimp spot next week and Carter in the finale.

Y’all sound so ignorant so what if Desz is already there why not have the both of them ? There was a finale with 3 country singers and that was certainly an option why not Tamara and Desz. Please check y’all selves 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Y’all sound so ignorant so what if Desz is already there why not have the both of them ? There was a finale with 3 country singers and that was certainly an option why not Tamara and Desz. Please check y’all selves 

two black powerhouses are unlikely to make it together, based on the voting population :(, but i really hope they both make it!

also, payge's last name is spelled wrong in the video for her IS (spelled Tuner, not Turner)

11 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Though 2 AA women made the finale on Season 14, the two did not have the same genre. Kyla was R&B/Soul while Spensha was country. I don't think 2 R&B vocalists will make it together in the finale this season given Minivan's obsession to country music and a kid (Carter).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My thoughts on Kelly saving Cami,

-She really want to work with her from the Blinds.

-Both her country artists flopped.

-She thought Tanner could win the WC.

-She don't want to get another "Marissa" or being judged again as picking country over better singers like Cami.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I'm not sure what all that has to do with me. Check my post history. I'm definitely the one always going up for African-American females. Why would they pimp Tamara, who couldn't even get the PV, when they have Desz there, who is clearly more popular. 

There were 3 country singers in a finale because that's literally the primary base of The Voice viewers. I don't think the producers were pushing for that. They gave Shawn Sounds, a black man, the pimp spot both on performance night and in the instant save during that season and he still couldn't beat Andrew Sevener, a country guy who was bussed the entire season. That tells you how powerful the country base is. Even with all the pimping in the world, they votes still have to match the same energy for a contestant to move on. 

It's not realistic. John Holiday and Desz in a finale is way more diverse than Tamara and Desz in the finale. I'm not thinking as a fan, I'm thinking like the producers. After 20 seasons, the formula is pretty predictable. Tamara might get in via instant save.

We can revisit these posts after the season plays out in two weeks. 🤭

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Off topic, this is 4th straight season in a row that the first performer of the playoffs (the apparent death spot) gets PV. (Rod in S16, Ricky in S17, Tstorm in S18, Desz in S19)

i think second might be more of a death spot, but placement matters less than we make it seem here, imo

32 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with ignorance. If you’ve paid any attention to SM, Tamara hasn’t been in the top 5 support wise and hasn’t been as well received as a majority of the t9 so it’s unrealistic after needing the save to get into the finale next week. DesZ who has been well received by the public and got PV has a good shot. I would be good with both of them making it but it just seems very unrealistic based on who is voting and how the general public has responded so far.

• Like 1

Just to throw out a couple potential other scenarios -

1.  The winner will be someone African American bc of the current political climate (I know, not very PC but seems everything is politicized these days *sigh*, so...) in which case I would expect to be John Holliday b/c Tamara and Desz being both big voice divas might kinda cancel each other out.

2.  Ian somehow pulls a Jake Hoot, not outside the realm of possibility given the Blake/country fanbase.  How many previous winners were 1-chair turns?

Edited by Catsy

2 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

My prediction to the Finale results will be this

Winner - Carter Rubin (Team Gwen)

Runner-up - Ian Flanigan (Team Blake)

3rd place - Desz (Team Kelly)

4th place - Ben Allen (Team Gwen)

5th place - John Holiday (Team Legend)

If they will have the same format as last season, this should be the case. Ben and John is interchangeable, tbh.

I hope so. Im so rooting for team Gwen this season. And i really love Carter and his personality. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catsy said:

2.  Ian somehow pulls a Jake Hoot, not outside the realm of possibility given the Blake/country fanbase.  How many previous winners were 1-chair turns?

Just Hoot and Chris Blue, so it's not unprecedented - however, in the former's case he was the only country vocalist after the playoffs, so he had an entire genre's worth of fanbase to back him if they wanted to. Ian's still got some lane competition (Ben, Jim, and Bailey to an extent) so it's a tougher road for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

he would kill that imo. if he gets that for the semifinals (or finals), then just end the competition there lmao

I know - I've seen it suggested a ton for him, and it's the perfect blend of Minivan-approved + clean, relatively age-appropriate lyrics + Carter's wheelhouse vocally that he should nail it if he gets it AND it should get the fan support. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

My thoughts on Kelly saving Cami,

-She really want to work with her from the Blinds.

-Both her country artists flopped.

-She thought Tanner could win the WC.

-She don't want to get another "Marissa" or being judged again as picking country over better singers like Cami.

Kelly is projecting Annie Lennox on Cami and she's a diehard fan. 

• Like 1