The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If I was in charge of it, I would tape on Tuesday, and ditch the wildcard. It’s not like it’s going to make a difference in the ratings. I know that wouldn’t make IDF happy, but the average casual viewer won’t care much, and the wild card winner would most likely go home the following week anyway. If they can figure out a way to tape the wildcard performances on Tuesday, and do a live instant save on Thursday, that would work too. 

to be fair, none of the IS or IS-like things make any effect long-term, except rare cases like adam (who didn't even make the finale anyway). i think it's just there to keep the intrigue. i would agree that dropping it wouldn't have a huge effect on the show.

They’ll just start preparing for next week on Tuesday as if each of the 17 contestants move on, like they did with the 4 way KO winners these past couple weeks. 

As a ravens fan though, I think there’s only a 50% the game goes on. They’re still having new positive tests each day, otoh the nfl is desperate to play the game “this week”. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dany said:

So when do we vote for the Instant Save? I have to make sure I can vote for that, just in case Cami is there. 😬

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So if I'm correct, they could either tape the results without the IS on Tuesday and air it on Thursday, or they could air it all live on Thursday with the IS included, right?

Either way this is a mess, but NBC doesnt surprise me anymore at this point.

The nfl is the 800lb gorilla. Nfl execs to nbc, so game will be played at 8pm Tuesday, are you going to broadcast it, or are we giving it to (ESPN, cbs etc). 

I’m all for blaming nbc for being a mess, but in this case covid has caused the nfl to be a mess, and nbc is adjusting as well as possible. At least we get the episode. 

Also the new LA order includes percentages for indoor work, my guess is the voice is under the occupancy maximums, so they’ll soldier on without audience and limited set crew. I would not expect elaborate set design 

I'm sick of NBC mishandling schedule when it comes to sports. Last time I was eager to watch the post-election SNL. They screened much later (and not live at all) because of a college football game. How can Saturday Night LIVE cannot be LIVE in such a historic episode because of a college game!?

I'm pretty sure they might do the same. Tape it and show the footage. 

Edited by SNI2

I think they could simply do the Instant Save on the pre-taped portion, actually let the West Coast vote this time and announce the result on the Today show (like the WC finalist in S7) or via social media.

Obviously, Instant would be a misnomer, but it would mean 5 minutes of voting, not overnight voting.

Edited by AngelaKD

15 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I think they could simply do the Instant Save on the pre-taped portion, actually let the West Coast vote this time and announce the result on the Today show (like the WC finalist in S7) or via social media.

Obviously, Instant would be a misnomer, but it would mean 5 minutes of voting, not overnight voting.

This is going to be SO bad for Cami, if she’s in the Instant Save. :no: She’s not going to even get hometown/state support at full force. What time will EST people have to go on the app/Assistant/website in order to vote for Instant Save? 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'm sick of NBC mishandling schedule when it comes to sports. Last time I was eager to watch the post-election SNL. They screened much later (and not live at all) because of a college football game. How can Saturday Night LIVE cannot be LIVE in such a historic episode because of a college game!?

They'll probably just do a live show on Thursday. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Breathe y'all, it's only 48 hours later. It will all be ok

And if you think NBC is "mishandling" the schedule, look at the ratings for the nfl, and then look at the ratings for the voice (or that cfb game vs snl). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

They'll probably just do a live show on Thursday. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Breathe y'all, it's only 48 hours later. It will all be ok

I pray this is what happens. If not, I will blame football for Cami’s elimination, if she’s in the Instant Save. :yes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

They're not mishandling anything, that's what happens when you have programming that doesn't have a definite end time. And when everything is turned upside down because of a pandemic. 

If you think NBC (or any network) will dump an NFL game or college football game for another show, even if it's still one of the network's top shows, that's funny. NBC signed a nearly billion dollar contract to air NFL games and they make probably just shy of $400M in ad revenue per game. The NFL and networks are going to do anything they can to have these games played, especially this year. That cfb game you're complaining about was one of the biggest games of the season and one of the top rated so far... aka $$$$.  The only thing that would bump these shows are a catastrophic disaster or something big election related, which did happen during the cfb game. They had to bump a portion of the game to USA while the Biden/Harris speech was happening. 

They've done what they could for this week without dropping the results show altogether. They put it in the spot they could in the schedule, just replacing the special Voice Christmas show that was already going to re-air a couple times. They'll figure it out and adjust to the situation. I can guarantee you that there's been people that have been working on the shows for the following week already, the only thing that changes for that is that production can't eliminate names from that list for a few more days.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roundtown said:

They've done what they could for this week without dropping the results show altogether. They put it in the spot they could in the schedule, just replacing the special Voice Christmas show that was already going to re-air a couple times. They'll figure it out and adjust to the situation. I can guarantee you that there's been people that have been working on the shows for the following week already, the only thing that changes for that is that production can't eliminate names from that list for a few more days.  

Yeah, but my question is, when would we vote for Instant Save? 

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

NFL or CFB > The Voice  

This show is nothing more than filler at this point. 

Every show on tv is filler vs the nfl/cfb. A better way to look at it, the voice was the only show that was rescheduled for later on in the week & included in the press release. Everything else just got dumped a week. 

and from the fact that the episode description didn’t change seems like the IS will just be thurs night at 8:55 pm et 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Every show on tv is filler vs the nfl/cfb. A better way to look at it, the voice was the only show that was rescheduled for later on in the week & included in the press release. Everything else just got dumped a week. 

and from the fact that the episode description didn’t change seems like the IS will just be thurs night at 8:55 pm et 

“Filler” might have been too strong, but they’ve cut episodes in favor of Ellen’s crappy game show, over the past couple years. Yes, the NFL is at the top of the food chain. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

So the IS vote is only on Thursday, but the other results are on Tuesday but not EST? 

The whole Tuesday episode, will now be a Thursday episode (I mean nbc execs will know the results, but they also know the results of the 4way KO at this point & haven't told us) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The whole Tuesday episode, will now be a Thursday episode (I mean nbc execs will know the results, but they also know the results of the 4way KO at this point & haven't told us) 

Ok, so we’ll just have to wait a few days (which I don’t mind.) Are they still doing an IS?