The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, antikid said:

i didn't see this before but now marisa lost the little bit of respect i had for her.

This attitude of Marissa will not make her thrive in the music industry. Her bitterness to accept defeat is just so awful considering that she is still making a name for herself or at least letting people know about her music. It's unbecoming of an aspiring singer.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Why does Kelly always get the problematic eliminated contestants (Molly, Rizzi, now Marisa) lol

For real tho lol, not to mention both Rizzi and Marisa seemed like Kelly´s lost sisters in terms of personality (bubbly, crazy, being chatters), which would made them a match made in heaven to work with her, and they both came after her after they were eliminated. 

The only other contestants I believed attacked their coach was Daedenyl, who said Shakira did nothing, and Blaine Long, who revealed multiple things about the show and he didn´t shine a good light on Blake. That being said, the later one sounded like sour grapes to me. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I believe she complained pretty much in the same way as Marisa, although I don’t think she was nasty towards Presley (her battle partner) or anything.

I was down to give Marisa the benefit of the doubt with her coping and still think she actually should’ve won her KO, but she’s shooting herself in the foot.

Rizzi had nothing but praise for Presley and was mostly unhappy with the song selection, which didn´t fit her, whereas Marisa has retweeted things that  are straight up insulting to Tanner.

Molly was the worst case though, and she seemed like such a nice person, but playing the gay card for her elimination was just low. And she recieved rightful backlash for it. 

That being said, I do wish them the best and hope they all grow.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Off-topic but, I'm a bit confused on how the producers are handling the studios for this season...I read something about YT music on this thread. Are the studios going to be available on more platforms this season and not just Apple Music or...?

42 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Molly was the worst case though, and she seemed like such a nice person, but playing the gay card for her elimination was just low. And she recieved rightful backlash for it. 

It's a little ironic that she pulled that card, considering the artist she lost to (Justin Kilgore) was also gay - so if she expected that to work, then idk what she was thinking.

As for this season, it's a shame Marisa's burning the bridges since she and Tanner seemed to get along okay before all this and he's been nothing but polite towards people saying she should've won from what I've seen.

Edited by VintageVoice

28 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It's a little ironic that she pulled that card, considering the artist she lost to (Justin Kilgore) was also gay - so if she expected that to work, then idk what she was thinking.

As for this season, it's a shame Marisa's burning the bridges since she and Tanner seemed to get along okay before all this and he's been nothing but polite towards people saying she should've won from what I've seen.

I don't think she accused Kelly of being homophobic? My memory of the Molly thing is that she just complained that the voices she was being compared to were also stereotypically lesbian or something (I believe it was an Indigo Girls comparison?) and she said that Kelly's comment was "close-minded" or something. Which was suuuuch a huge stretch. Honestly the whole thing kind of blew out of proportion and I think it only came to mind because Kelly responded directly to her.

Marisa on the other hand is definitely pulling that card and it's major yikes.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

I don't think she accused Kelly of being homophobic? My memory of the Molly thing is that she just complained that the voices she was being compared to were also stereotypically lesbian or something (I believe it was an Indigo Girls comparison?) and she said that Kelly's comment was "close-minded" or something. Which was suuuuch a huge stretch.

Yeah, that's how Molly's went down, so while it wasn't directly saying Kelly was homophobic the implication was still there.

As for Marisa's situation...

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I don't think she accused Kelly of being homophobic? My memory of the Molly thing is that she just complained that the voices she was being compared to were also stereotypically lesbian or something (I believe it was an Indigo Girls comparison?) and she said that Kelly's comment was "close-minded" or something. Which was suuuuch a huge stretch. Honestly the whole thing kind of blew out of proportion and I think it only came to mind because Kelly responded directly to her.

how did kelly respond?

Have other coaches had multiple contestants go after them post show? I'm wondering if Kelly might be a little like Ellen. Remember how Ellen's "be kind" mantra turned out to be totally laughable? I wonder if she is the exact opposite of how she portrays. Btw, I'm actually a  huge fan and have purchased every album she made

2 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Have other coaches had multiple contestants go after them post show? I'm wondering if Kelly might be a little like Ellen. Remember how Ellen's "be kind" mantra turned out to be totally laughable? I wonder if she is the exact opposite of how she portrays. Btw, I'm actually a  huge fan and have purchased every album she made

From what I´ve know, she´s been pretty involved in Brynn´s career, has had  contestants like Jej Vinson, and Presley on stage with her, featured in Kaleb Lee´s single, I think she wrote a song with Rod Stokes ,among other things. She´s been pretty involved with her contestants, just like Blake has been. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Ellen seemed shady from the start always trying to expose people on her show and purposefully put them in awkward situation. Queen Kelly would never stoop so low.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Ellen's stuff has been no secret and everyone in the industry knew she was shady, while we've heard the total opposite about Kelly. And even if you look at the stuff against Kelly, it's just contestants sounding bitter - none of them say anything about Kelly's persona in the slightest.

We know most coaches don't do much with their contestants besides Blake and Kelly to a lesser extent (and Miley, from her seasons)

Noah practically implied she never saw JHud outside of what was shown on TV, Ddendyl said she never heard from Shakira after she walked off stage, etc. That's the worst case. I know Christina had a contestant early on that complained about how little airtime they had (I wanna say it was Michael Lynch from S5 but I'm not 100% sure).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Honestly, his speaking voice sounds a lot like Jordan Smith. It's not really little boy high 

That was my first thought as well. It might always be on the high side, which is probably good for him, honestly. If he can continue to hit the high notes, and add to his lower register, he’ll be in good shape. 

Also, listen to his dad in this video. His speaking voice is pretty high. 

Edited by TeamAudra

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That was my first thought as well. It might always be on the high side, which is probably good for him, honestly. If he can continue to hit the high notes, and add to his lower register, he’ll be in good shape. 

Also, listen to his dad in this video. His speaking voice is pretty high. 

Yeah, he's also 15 now, and relatively close to the same height as his brother. I am leaning towards this being basically his adult voice, and no sudden change coming. Although his voice will continue to settle and mature for another few years, like most teenage boys.