Jump to content
idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

I actually enjoyed the audios. It gave us something to look forward to until we could get the list with names and spoilers. I appreciate the effort put into it. My only issue with it was the selection of the artists:/

 

But yeah I can’t wait for the list and spoilers. Hopefully this weekend🤞🏾☹️😬

 

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

thanks for clearing this up! it makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking of (esp with some people mentioning this idea a season ago citing this as their reason). I do ofc appreciate all the effort that you guys put into this, but I appreciate as well that you explained this cause I was rather confused (and un poco annoyed lmao). 

 

I look forward to seeing the names soon 👀

Yeah. Trust me, I wouldn't have personally turned for all the artists we dropped lol.

 

We had a list of maybe 40 names before this week, with maybe 15 as confirmed to be inside the hotel/not just pure speculation, so we just based the first selections off of that. We probably should've made that more clear beforehand lol

 

Thankfully that list has grown a lot and there's new names to toss into that mix. 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

So this is no longer the spoiler thread...it's the gatekeeper thread because we can be trusted with all the information to make a full informed decision because we are too shallow and biased?  Really?  That's pretty arrogant.  Just sayin'. 

 

 


I could DM some to you, but I doubt you’d be excited about any of them. 🙃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


I could DM some to you, but I doubt you’d be excited about any of them. 🙃

if you'd be fine DMing me with some of them, that would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Someone648 lol I really don’t mean this in a rude way but can you give us a day for when the list and spoilers are gonna drop? So we don’t have to keep coming everyday Expecting a list and asking you when It’s gonna be released.

 

ps. Then again I don’t mean this in any way. I come respectfully 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xxxthevoicexxx said:

@Someone648 lol I really don’t mean this in a rude way but can you give us a day for when the list and spoilers are gonna drop? So we don’t have to keep coming everyday Expecting a list and asking you when It’s gonna be released.

 

ps. Then again I don’t mean this in any way. I come respectfully 😭

he said "A few days," which I take to mean Sunday-Monday. I doubt that there's a definitive answer, but we'll see

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, xxxthevoicexxx said:

@Someone648 lol I really don’t mean this in a rude way but can you give us a day for when the list and spoilers are gonna drop? So we don’t have to keep coming everyday Expecting a list and asking you when It’s gonna be released.

 

ps. Then again I don’t mean this in any way. I come respectfully 😭

No worries!

I can guarantee Monday, but if I happen to be able to finish up on Sunday, I'll try posting then. I'll be out of town for most of Saturday/Sunday, so it'll depend on whether or not I get back at a reasonable time

 

So pretty much... by Monday (I'm on PST, keep that in mind if you're reading IDF from another part of the world!)

Edited by Someone648
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 

This smelllssss like one of our AA powerhouses👀😬

 

YOU BETTA SING GIRL.

 

shes at the top of my blind spoiler list 

Edited by jus.vshn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Artist #3
  • Artist #7
  • Artist #5
  • Artist #10
  • Artist #4
  • Artist #1
  • Artist #8
  • Artist #9
  • Artist #2
  • Artist #6

I'm digging their tone - they could get a few turns, but I'm not sure how far they'd make it; I'm not a huge fan of the Rihanna cover but their Aretha cover is pretty dang good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 


If they want her to win don’t give her to Gwen. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 

 

Okay, she's the one I've been looking for, I hope she goes far! Although she sounds like a younger voice. I feel like she might be on Team Kelly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contestant 10 looks like a four chair turn with the right song choice. I think that they can get to the semifinals (blind guess since last time I said something like thing someone got mad 🙄), but it does depend on song choice and team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

 

Okay, she's the one I've been looking for, I hope she goes far! Although she sounds like a younger voice. I feel like she might be on Team Kelly.

That high note at 58 seconds reminds me sooo much of Kymberli Joye.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, mjdolorico said:

mulan-spilling-tea-gif.gif

 

 

 

 

This is only one I would turn for out of the 7. 1jIPhjg.gif  I think she would go far on Team Blake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, season1 said:

 

This is only one I would turn for out of the 7. 1jIPhjg.gif  I think she would go far on Team Blake.

she def has potential, I think Blake could help her, her voice is a little shaky but she could do really good

JK her live version is better

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 

out of the 10 artist, this is the best!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 

Sounds fresher than the average Diva but still not my thing. 👉⏭️

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

 

 

Not as messy as Artist #9, but it still didn’t wow me... 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s interesting, John rarely turns first for a contestant, and he also rarely turns for someone outside of his lane...and yet no one on here knocks him for it. I think Kelly can be an aggressive early button pusher. Each coach has their own button pushing style. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It’s interesting, John rarely turns first for a contestant, and he also rarely turns for someone outside of his lane...and yet no one on here knocks him for it. I think Kelly can be an aggressive early button pusher. Each coach has their own button pushing style. 

Since John is very successful at getting talented people during the blinds, there isn't much room for criticism. His team management is trash though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are definitely auditions when John turns first. He can just be as picky as he wants because he gets most artists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On #10, I’ll bet if he would have only posted the 2nd clip, most people wouldn’t liked her, but the first clip is a familiar song, that most people don’t hate, and we’ve all heard it a million times. She’s obviously a powerful vocalist, but I’ll say it again....she doesn’t offer up anything unique. We’ve heard that exact sound and style many times. I have a feeling the Voice casting actively searches for that particular style diva every season, because we usually get one. They’re clearly popular with the audience, despite what some people think.
 

There’s a black female who may have auditioned, and offers a unique sound and style, but she won’t be as well received as the one in clip #10, because the audience usually rejects anything outside of the mainstream.
 

The same can be said about the middle aged, male country/soul singer. They tend to have crossover appeal with the audience, even though they aren’t particularly unique. Most with a  “unique” style or tone usually get blown out by either the coaches or the voters. 
 

Sawyer, Jordan, Chloe, Chevel, Maelyn. 
 

That’s the list of winners with a unique sound and/or style. The end. 
 

 

 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

On #10, I’ll bet if he would have only posted the 2nd clip, most people wouldn’t liked her, but the first clip is a familiar song, that most people don’t hate, and we’ve all heard it a million times. She’s obviously a powerful vocalist, but I’ll say it again....she doesn’t offer up anything unique. We’ve heard that exact sound and style many times. I have a feeling the Voice casting actively searches for a particular style diva every season, because we usually get one. They’re clearly popular with the audience, despite what some people think. There’s a black female that may have auditioned, who offers a unique sound and style, but she won’t be as well received as the one in clip #10, because the audience usually rejects anything out of the mainstream.
 

The same can be said about the middle aged, male country/soul singer. They tend to have crossover appeal with the audience, even though they aren’t particularly unique. Most with a  “unique” style or tone usually get blown out by either the coaches or the voters. 
 

Sawyer, Jordan, Chloe, Chevel, Maelyn. 
 

That’s your list of winners with a unique sound and/or style. The end. 

Agreed. I’ve heard how powerful artist #10 can get and it’s amazing. But your so right every year we get a different style of diva. 
 

S14- Screamer/high notes- Kyla Jade

S14- Belter- Tish Haynes

S15- Belter- Kymberli Joye

S16- supposed to be Luna Searls😞

S17- Rose Short (the most versatile she usually just sang the song but when needed she could’ve belted)

S18- Toneisha Harris- rich different tone from the typical diva and she doesn’t really scream she just sings. 
 

but artist 10 gives me Rose/Kymberli vibes. 

Edited by jus.vshn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Agreed. I’ve heard how powerful artist #10 can get and it’s amazing. But your so right every year we get a different style of diva. 
 

S14- Screamer/high notes- Kyla Jade

S14- Belter- Tish Haynes

S15- Belter- Kymberli Joye

S16- supposed to be Luna Searls😞

S17- Rose Short (the most versatile she usually just sang the song but when needed she could’ve belted)

S18- Toneisha Harris- rich different tone from the typical diva and she doesn’t really scream she just sings. 
 

but artist 10 gives me Rose/Kymberli vibes. 


It’s almost as though they have to be able to crush an Aretha song to make it past the producer auditions, and the few who can’t, but still make it on the show usually don’t fare as well with the audience.  I’m just asking for a little more variety!

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...