The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

On #10, I’ll bet if he would have only posted the 2nd clip, most people wouldn’t liked her, but the first clip is a familiar song, that most people don’t hate, and we’ve all heard it a million times. She’s obviously a powerful vocalist, but I’ll say it again....she doesn’t offer up anything unique. We’ve heard that exact sound and style many times. I have a feeling the Voice casting actively searches for a particular style diva every season, because we usually get one. They’re clearly popular with the audience, despite what some people think. There’s a black female that may have auditioned, who offers a unique sound and style, but she won’t be as well received as the one in clip #10, because the audience usually rejects anything out of the mainstream.

The same can be said about the middle aged, male country/soul singer. They tend to have crossover appeal with the audience, even though they aren’t particularly unique. Most with a  “unique” style or tone usually get blown out by either the coaches or the voters. 

Sawyer, Jordan, Chloe, Chevel, Maelyn. 

That’s your list of winners with a unique sound and/or style. The end. 

Agreed. I’ve heard how powerful artist #10 can get and it’s amazing. But your so right every year we get a different style of diva. 

S14- Screamer/high notes- Kyla Jade

S14- Belter- Tish Haynes

S15- Belter- Kymberli Joye

S16- supposed to be Luna Searls😞

S17- Rose Short (the most versatile she usually just sang the song but when needed she could’ve belted)

S18- Toneisha Harris- rich different tone from the typical diva and she doesn’t really scream she just sings. 

but artist 10 gives me Rose/Kymberli vibes. 

Edited by jus.vshn

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Agreed. I’ve heard how powerful artist #10 can get and it’s amazing. But your so right every year we get a different style of diva. 

S14- Screamer/high notes- Kyla Jade

S14- Belter- Tish Haynes

S15- Belter- Kymberli Joye

S16- supposed to be Luna Searls😞

S17- Rose Short (the most versatile she usually just sang the song but when needed she could’ve belted)

S18- Toneisha Harris- rich different tone from the typical diva and she doesn’t really scream she just sings. 

but artist 10 gives me Rose/Kymberli vibes. 

It’s almost as though they have to be able to crush an Aretha song to make it past the producer auditions, and the few who can’t, but still make it on the show usually don’t fare as well with the audience.  I’m just asking for a little more variety!

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s almost as though they have to be able to crush an Aretha song to make it past the producer auditions, and the few who can’t, but make it on the show usually don’t fare well. I’m just asking for a little more variety!

I guess they just try to have it represented each season. And because the coaches favor AA powerhouses every season. Eg. The coaches stood for all of the performances of Toneisha and Rose. 

Probably reading into it too much, but...

This post mentioned that the Blinds and Battles will be taped with a virtual audience, but no mention of KOs, which you'd think would be filmed along with them given the tight schedule they're stuck in. I smell a format change. 

Best case scenario: after battles, they're gonna jump in to a Top 24 Playoffs, giving us an extra week of lives, assuming we get them.

Worst case scenario: Cross Battles will return. 😥😥😥

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

This post mentioned that the Blinds and Battles will be taped with a virtual audience, but no mention of KOs, which you'd think would be filmed along with them given the tight schedule they're stuck in. I smell a format change. 

Best case scenario: after battles, they're gonna jump in to a Top 24 Playoffs, giving us an extra week of lives, assuming we get them.

Noooo I really want the knockouts!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Archanium said:

On wiki, it is said the he is from Bakersfield, California.

Well, that’s not a good home state for votes. As always, we’ll have to wait and see how good of a live singer he is...unless they do the tape from home format again. 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I just found one who sounds a lot like Joanna. I think IDF will like her, assuming she’s a chair turner. She follows a bunch of the right people. 

Does her name begins with a G? If so, then we have the same impression about her. 

6 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Does her name begins with a G? If so, then we have the same impression about her. 

Yes. Initials are GM. She’s 20 years old, lives in Nashville, and attends Belmont University. Same tone as Joanna. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

--Set to premiere October 19th

😧

That 4 weeks after the usual September 20ish start of all the other fall season. They can't extend it after Christmas so shorter season. 😨😨😨 So maybe battles to playoff after all

EDIT: I don't follow closely this thread so apparently this was known days ago