The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I never liked football before, but now I REALLY don't like it. 😕 So this is the confirmed airing time (I have to plan for the week)?

I say it could still change. Did the big shot at NBC got out of their Thanksgiving break to think this thru? However it's very close to the airing time so I'm not sure they have much choice.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dany said:

They didn’t change the episode description. What is your guess? Tape and do a live instant save on Thursday separate from the taping? What a mess. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They didn’t change the episode description. What is your guess? Tape and do a live instant save performance on Thursday separate from the taping? What a mess. 

It's going to be a mess. Maybe the top 17 all prepare a song for the week after. They use Tuesday and Wednesday to rehearse next week song. On Thursday they get to know who advance. Perform wildcard instant save. The the one who lost just go home the rest continue. A big mess. 

34 minutes ago, Dany said:

It's going to be a mess. Maybe the top 17 all prepare a song for the week after. They use Tuesday and Wednesday to rehearse next week song. On Thursday they get to know who advance. Perform wildcard instant save. The the one who lost just go home the rest continue. A big mess. 

If I was in charge of it, I would tape on Tuesday, and ditch the wildcard. It’s not like it’s going to make a difference in the ratings. I know that wouldn’t make IDF happy, but the average casual viewer won’t care much, and the wild card winner would most likely go home the following week anyway. If they can figure out a way to tape the wildcard performances on Tuesday, and do a live instant save on Thursday, that would work too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I remembered they pre-taped the Semifinals of Season 16. But the results and instant save were done live to announce the finalists.

If that's the case for Season 19, it will really be a mess since the artists will have a hard time preparing for the next round because of limited time.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If I was in charge of it, I would tape on Tuesday, and ditch the wildcard. It’s not like it’s going to make a difference in the ratings. I know that wouldn’t make IDF happy, but the average casual viewer won’t care much, and the wild card winner would most likely go home the following week anyway. If they can figure out a way to tape the wildcard performances on Tuesday, and do a live instant save on Thursday, that would work too. 

to be fair, none of the IS or IS-like things make any effect long-term, except rare cases like adam (who didn't even make the finale anyway). i think it's just there to keep the intrigue. i would agree that dropping it wouldn't have a huge effect on the show.

They’ll just start preparing for next week on Tuesday as if each of the 17 contestants move on, like they did with the 4 way KO winners these past couple weeks. 

As a ravens fan though, I think there’s only a 50% the game goes on. They’re still having new positive tests each day, otoh the nfl is desperate to play the game “this week”. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dany said:

So when do we vote for the Instant Save? I have to make sure I can vote for that, just in case Cami is there. 😬

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So if I'm correct, they could either tape the results without the IS on Tuesday and air it on Thursday, or they could air it all live on Thursday with the IS included, right?

Either way this is a mess, but NBC doesnt surprise me anymore at this point.

The nfl is the 800lb gorilla. Nfl execs to nbc, so game will be played at 8pm Tuesday, are you going to broadcast it, or are we giving it to (ESPN, cbs etc). 

I’m all for blaming nbc for being a mess, but in this case covid has caused the nfl to be a mess, and nbc is adjusting as well as possible. At least we get the episode. 

Also the new LA order includes percentages for indoor work, my guess is the voice is under the occupancy maximums, so they’ll soldier on without audience and limited set crew. I would not expect elaborate set design 

I'm sick of NBC mishandling schedule when it comes to sports. Last time I was eager to watch the post-election SNL. They screened much later (and not live at all) because of a college football game. How can Saturday Night LIVE cannot be LIVE in such a historic episode because of a college game!?

I'm pretty sure they might do the same. Tape it and show the footage. 

Edited by SNI2

I think they could simply do the Instant Save on the pre-taped portion, actually let the West Coast vote this time and announce the result on the Today show (like the WC finalist in S7) or via social media.

Obviously, Instant would be a misnomer, but it would mean 5 minutes of voting, not overnight voting.

Edited by AngelaKD

15 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I think they could simply do the Instant Save on the pre-taped portion, actually let the West Coast vote this time and announce the result on the Today show (like the WC finalist in S7) or via social media.

Obviously, Instant would be a misnomer, but it would mean 5 minutes of voting, not overnight voting.

This is going to be SO bad for Cami, if she’s in the Instant Save. :no: She’s not going to even get hometown/state support at full force. What time will EST people have to go on the app/Assistant/website in order to vote for Instant Save? 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'm sick of NBC mishandling schedule when it comes to sports. Last time I was eager to watch the post-election SNL. They screened much later (and not live at all) because of a college football game. How can Saturday Night LIVE cannot be LIVE in such a historic episode because of a college game!?

I'm pretty sure they might do the same. Tape it and show the footage. 

They'll probably just do a live show on Thursday. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Breathe y'all, it's only 48 hours later. It will all be ok

And if you think NBC is "mishandling" the schedule, look at the ratings for the nfl, and then look at the ratings for the voice (or that cfb game vs snl). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

They'll probably just do a live show on Thursday. We're in the middle of a pandemic. Breathe y'all, it's only 48 hours later. It will all be ok

I pray this is what happens. If not, I will blame football for Cami’s elimination, if she’s in the Instant Save. :yes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2