The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carlos3500 said:

After seeing madeline's performance, Kelly's team going into the knockouts is literally SOOOO stacked. If Ryan wins it'll be even more stacked. This makes me really sad for Cami because I don't see a path for her to make the next round :(( I'm hoping she does really well tomorrow and minivan or casuals like her

even before madeline's performance probably even as soon as we found out she ended up on team kelly ive felt its a tough path to get past first live

• Sad 1
44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Holy crap!  Gwen really might pull this off if Carter keeps up that trajectory!  Though it looks like Desz is winning over more than I'd thought.

And despite claims of sinking into "mediocrity" tonight, Ian is still doing decently in terms of popularity, too.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Holy crap!  Gwen really might pull this off if Carter keeps up that trajectory!  Though it looks like Desz is winning over more than I'd thought.

And despite claims of sinking into "mediocrity" tonight, Ian is still doing decently in terms of popularity, too.

IMO, the only result that is significant here is Carter’s. The others are all bunched together, making comparisons meaningless. Granted, this is only one night, but I suspect this isn’t the last time we’ll see this. 

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s the preview from the end of the show, with about 1 second of singing from each of the 4-way KO participants. 

I'm anxiously waiting for the first person to give their thoughts on whose performance is the best based solely off everyone's <1 second in that promo. :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
9 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'm anxiously waiting for the first person to give their thoughts on whose performance is the best based solely off everyone's <1 second in that promo. :haha:

I don’t know about that, but Taryn definitely slayed that one second clip. ;)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I agree, it's a rough choice for any teenage boy and he did do better than plenty of teens would, but I can confidently say that I've heard equal or better versions from people (male and female) somewhere in his age group, if anything just a few years older. With that in mind though - I don't see the hype? On one hand, it's overdone. On the other hand, he did it well enough, but didn't do anything to make it feel any more special or unique than any other cover.

i think for me, carter's KO was shocking, because in every previous round, to me, he sounded immature. in his KO, he hit the notes well and sounded more mature imo, so i think the surprise also made me feel like his performance was better. i will say, though that i would prefer a carter + payge top 2, since i think carter is good, and i think he can improve more, as teens tend to do on the show. i prefer him over ben and joseph, and think he has a greater capacity for improvement.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Personally I preferred Chloe but I can’t really argue with Gwen’s pick since Chloe’s DOA wherever she goes.

i noticed that carter did have some issues on the lower notes, which is something he'll need to improve on. chloe also didn't give a technically perfect performance, but i'd say it was more interesting and showed more about her voice than carter's, which mainly just showed a solid, powerful chest voice.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

lmao @ people not knowing how to spell desz's name

23 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

i definitely think that ryan is going to win, his part of the clip was clearly superior to every other full performance this season.

2 minutes ago, French20 said:

each time Carter performs, his opponents are better than him

Larriah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carter for the battle

and there Chloe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carter for KO

If I'm removing biases here, it would probably be like this

Larriah >> Carter

Carter >> Chloe (But I preferred Chloe)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, French20 said:

. . . I'm done.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, French20 said:

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

If I'm removing biases here, it would probably be like this

Larriah >> Carter

Carter >> Chloe (But I preferred Chloe)

but can you ever really remove bias? i don't trust that either of you are speaking without bias because music is naturally subjective. viewing music from an objective measure (which i don't think is possible in the first place) means nothing because music is supposed to be about feelings. 

14 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

OMG once again Desz slayyyyyyyyed! Her technique is impeccable and I can't get over her tone and her voice! I love you Desz

ughhh i love your taste! i concur, queen slayed, giving a 10/10 to open the show 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

but can you ever really remove bias? i don't trust that either of you are speaking without bias because music is naturally subjective. viewing music from an objective measure (which i don't think is possible in the first place) means nothing because music is supposed to be about feelings. 

That's a good point. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

why are you talking about bias?

Battles and KOs are there to determine who is better between two people, what do you prefer? that we do away with the Battles and KO events and that we take everyone to lives because they sing well?

it's not prejudices, just that one was better than the other, that's the rules of these trials