Jump to content

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Whether minivan likes Marissa or not isn't the issue. At best, she is simply controversial, and interrupting the post-battle discussion to point out her doggie in the virtual audience was quite rude, imo.


I must not have been paying attention when she pointed out her dog, but that doesn’t seem like a big deal. I’ll take it you don’t like her either. She really isn’t minivan bait to say the least. I don’t care either way, but I do believe she won the battle. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Whether minivan likes Marissa or not isn't the issue. At best, she is simply controversial, and interrupting the post-battle discussion to point out her doggie in the virtual audience was quite rude, imo.

tbh that was just a really crappy editing job. We don't know what was actually said or even at what point she mentioned it, but they put it in the final edit in a kind of bizarre way. I don't think it was rude at all - it just felt a bit weird how they chose to keep that part in.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

How was that rude????

 

11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i honestly didn't find it rude at all, and it was hardly an interruption since they hadn't even started. i thought it was cool and kinda cute lmao. the judges clearly weren't offended so i don't see any reason why i should be (if the judges were the ones that were supposedly harmed/hurt by this interruption)

Exactly...but perhaps "interruption" was the wrong word to use. Indeed the coaches had not even started, Ryan and she had just finished their battle and she immediately (which IMO was intentional) directed the focus to herself albeit via her dog. IMO that was rude...and selfish.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guyhelios said:

 

Exactly...but perhaps "interruption" was the wrong word to use. Indeed the coaches had not even started, Ryan and she had just finished their battle and she immediately (which IMO was intentional) directed the focus to herself albeit via her dog. IMO that was rude...and selfish.

i don't know if it was selfish either. i'll repeat what i said earlier: there's no reason to be mad on the coach's behalf when they clearly didn't think it was rude (and some of them actually liked seeing the dog!). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

tbh that was just a really crappy editing job. We don't know what was actually said or even at what point she mentioned it, but they put it in the final edit in a kind of bizarre way. I don't think it was rude at all - it just felt a bit weird how they chose to keep that part in.

 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, the controversial moment where Marissa pointed out her dog is at 2:43.   The things people come up with to justify their bias is mind blowing. 
 

 

 

Sorry, I forget they can edit anything they want so TPTB obviously left it in on purpose or it was the crappy editing job suggested. Did not mean to raise any controversy, but I immediately noticed the "moment" when it occurred. So, TBH, my observation now is NOT something I'm coming up with to justify some bias 🐶

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, if I were in Marisa’s shoes and I noticed my dog in the audience I’d have been at least that excited 😛

 

As for that whole battle - Ryan was fine vocally (and he’s a solid vocalist) but I would’ve preferred a tad more power from his end of things, while Marisa brought that for me which is why in my notes I awarded her the win.
 

The next step is seeing how her KO gets handled - I doubt she’s gonna get montaged since her opponent got a battle montage, but weirder things have happened on this show.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The next step is seeing how her KO gets handled - I doubt she’s gonna get montaged since her opponent got a battle montage, but weirder things have happened on this show.

The montage´s on Monday, so we´re getting her KO shown in full. I´m interested to see what actually made Kelly choose Tanner, considering that in the battle she picked Marisa over Ryan, who I thought, seemed to be a favorite of hers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

 

 

Sorry, I forget they can edit anything they want so TPTB obviously left it in on purpose or it was the crappy editing job suggested. Did not mean to raise any controversy, but I immediately noticed the "moment" when it occurred. So, TBH, my observation now is NOT something I'm coming up with to justify some bias 🐶


Not everyone knows exactly how they’re supposed to act on national TV, at a moment like that, and she seems a little excitable to begin with. Plus, she hadn’t seen her dog in months. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, but the way she acted backstage, after the win was a little different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The montage´s on Monday, so we´re getting her KO shown in full. I´m interested to see what actually made Kelly choose Tanner, considering that in the battle she picked Marisa over Ryan, who I thought, seemed to be a favorite of hers.

What I'm wondering is whether or not they show the alleged "dagger to the heart" motion she gave after she lost.  Would they leave it in or cut it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What I'm wondering is whether or not they show the alleged "dagger to the heart" motion she gave after she lost.  Would they leave it in or cut it?

I´m pretty sure they´ll cut it out. They tend to not like awkward moments like that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What I'm wondering is whether or not they show the alleged "dagger to the heart" motion she gave after she lost.  Would they leave it in or cut it?

 

I was going to open that pandora but thought better of getting hated for causing more controversy here. But to your point, whether TPTB show that or not, compare that picture in your minds with the way most others, including Ryan, have handled eliminations. Whatever...

Edited by guyhelios
spelling error
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

 

I was going to open that pandora but thought better of getting hated for causing more controversy here. But to your point, whether TPTB show that or not, compare that picture in your minds with the way most otheer, including Ryan, have handled eliminations. Whatever...

ryan g. hasn't been eliminated yet? also, i think that this probably has to do with kelly saying that she'd be shocked if she weren't in the finale in the BA. i know many people get told this, but a lot of people who audition for the voice don't watch the show beforehand, so she probably took it as a genuine belief she'd get to the finale rather than an offhand comment / attempt to get marisa to join her team. i too would be sad if my coach had expectations that i'd reach the finale and then dropped me in the KOs, even with the knowledge that coaches make these comments often (to many who don't make the finale). then, imagine how it would feel to get dropped without knowing this trend of offhandedly saying that someone would make the finale? it would suck. 

 

i'm not saying she gave the most polished or professional response to losing. but i am saying that i understand why she reacted in the way she did, and i think that she's justified in doing so.

 

i hope this didn't come off as confrontational, im just sharing my opinion on the topic, since it has come up before (before you joined the forums, if i recall correctly), and i'm just repeating what i have said during the other iterations of this discussion.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

ryan g.? he hasn't been eliminated... also, i think that this probably has to do with kelly saying that she'd be shocked if she weren't in the finale in the BA. i know many people get told this, but a lot of people who audition for the voice don't watch the show beforehand, so she probably took it as a genuine belief she'd get to the finale rather than an offhand comment / attempt to get marisa to join her team. i too would be sad if my coach had expectations that i'd reach the finale and then dropped me in the KOs, even with the knowledge that coaches make these comments often (to many who don't make the finale). then, imagine how it would feel to get dropped without knowing this trend of offhandedly saying that someone would make the finale? it would suck. 

My point, by including ryan g, is that technically he was eliminated when Kelly chose Marisa. Watch the battle again and how he reacted to his elimination. As to your other points re: Marisa's purported reaction, I basically concur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i'm not saying she gave the most polished or professional response to losing. but i am saying that i understand why she reacted in the way she did, and i think that she's justified in doing so.

 

i hope this didn't come off as confrontational, im just sharing my opinion on the topic, since it has come up before (before you joined the forums, if i recall correctly), and i'm just repeating what i have said during the other iterations of this discussion.

Thanks for the additional edit. Not confrontational at all. I was afraid that I was becoming so 😞

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I don't know why but people are really shipping Kelly and Ryan G and Ian too.

 

https://heavy.com/entertainment/the-voice/kelly-clarkson-sexy-contestant-the-voice-flirting/

 

disgusting... i can't imagine being a full grown adult and having nothing better to do than to write about a ship about two real life people - one of whom is going through a divorce.

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ashwinner said:

disgusting... i can't imagine being a full grown adult and having nothing better to do than to write about a ship about two real life people - one of whom is going through a divorce.

 

What disgust me the most are the usage of the words, "DROOLS" and "SWOONING". It creates an impression that Kelly is flirting with the contestants which is not good.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

 

What disgust me the most are the usage of the words, "DROOLS" and "SWOONING". It creates an impression that Kelly is flirting with the contestants which is not good.

ugh, it got worse... that's really really disgusting. i hope that ryan and kelly don't have to see all this stuff :(

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

wait wait wait i just read the article and??? wtf is their reasoning lmao? she can't take her eyes off them because they had engaging performances... i can't believe this writer just took her comments about ian and ryan out of context like that

 

this is literally nonsense, at least it's good that the article's reasoning is so ludicrous cause anyone with a brain will realize that kelly didn't do anything wrong

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

wait wait wait i just read the article and??? wtf is their reasoning lmao? she can't take her eyes off them because they had engaging performances... i can't believe this writer just took her comments about ian and ryan out of context like that

 

this is literally nonsense, at least it's good that the article's reasoning is so ludicrous cause anyone with a brain will realize that kelly didn't do anything wrong

 

Look at the URL or link. It reads "Kelly Clarkson Sexy Contestant The Voice Flirting".

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

tbh that was just a really crappy editing job. We don't know what was actually said or even at what point she mentioned it, but they put it in the final edit in a kind of bizarre way. I don't think it was rude at all - it just felt a bit weird how they chose to keep that part in.


Nah, it happened just as randomly as they showed it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...