The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Kelly? Probably. But John? I don't think so. 

I’ll wait for Ryan’s KO, but I don’t see Kelly winning this either. I love Desz but if she has to go against Carter and Jim she is toast. 

• Like 3

Just now, antikid said:

You probably listened to more off show performance from John H then me but he can go significantly higher than this?

Those high notes genuinely seemed like the top of his range

I don't think he can go SIGNIFICANTLY higher but he can go def higher than that.

Btw these are just a little bit of showing of his vocals.

See parts:

~ 1:09-1:19

~ 4:09-onwards(till the end)

Also him singing US NATIONAL ANTHEM

See parts:

~ 2:08-2:10

~ 2:19-2:25

Also this one too(Him singing Summertime)

See parts:

~ 3:16

~ 3:40-4:17

These were just a bit of showing of his vocals. He can go even higher.

• Like 1

Man, spooky Cami aesthetics + that tone = I am deceased. It didn't have the vocal bam-bam of previous versions but a) that's not Cami's style anyway and b) I found myself not really missing them. She nailed that, and definitely earned that steal.

John's opening was pretty and that song was a great choice for him - I think this is my favorite of his performances so far. Maybe not as strong as Keisha's version, but still a solid version of the song nonetheless. Minivan's gonna either love it or be unimpressed, no in between there.

I do not envy John for having to pick between them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Both were very strong and gave some of the strongest performances of the season’s KOs. I preferred John over Cami but this was definitely stealworthy. Wonder how the audience will treat Cami.....

As long as they don't outright bash her (which I don't expect even though the audience typically isn't into alt-pop), I can live with however they react to Cami.

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Man, spooky Cami aesthetics + that tone = I am deceased. It didn't have the vocal bam-bam of previous versions but a) that's not Cami's style anyway and b) I found myself not really missing them. She nailed that, and definitely earned that steal.

The taste :wub:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

He's closer to Minivan's preferred lane (jazzy/R&B) than Cami (alt/indie-pop) so I'm not that surprised.

He's also a guy, and showing great range, without just being runtastic. He's the type of contestant that allows minivan to tell themselves they're music aficionados and are cultured by supporting, and that's how they're being signaled. Real music lovers love John H

10 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Ya he expresado esto en el otro hilo, pero mis pensamientos:

-Sid también hizo ESO

-No puedo ser el único que pensó que no había literalmente nada especial en Carter. Quiero decir que ahora tiene mejores posibilidades que nunca de llegar a la final, pero aún así.

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

John H LO MATÓ. Eso fue fenomenal.

Cami también lo hizo muy bien, pero sí, era lo que esperaba, no llegó a ninguna parte.

47 minutes ago, French20 said:

esta

La actuación de John fue muy original, y cambió miles de millones de versiones de esta canción, luego al final de su actuación terminó por completo este duelo, impresionante

same everything. 

JohnH and Cami: i like were both sing different a the original song. 

John is controlled, he can sing MORE, and minivan will like combination power and control

Cami delivers everything, but was flat for me 

Carter not moved me, nothing

PV: Kelly Dezs, Blake Jim, Gwen Carter, John JohnH

• Like 1

Just now, seak05 said:

He's also a guy, and showing great range, without just being runtastic. He's the type of contestant that allows minivan to tell themselves they're music aficionados and are cultured by supporting, and that's how they're being signaled. Real music lovers love John H

That definitely helps - he's not my favorite tonally but I'd be an idiot to deny his singing abilities.

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I remember someone saying here that Sid's KO was good but he keeps it at 100% all the time. Umm.... his KO was nothing like that.

For real. He built it up masterfully, and this was the softest we've ever heard him so far, and then he went all out in the end.

• Like 3

I think expecting good, but not mind-blowing performances has made the show way better to watch. I wouldn't really say Cami or Chloe had insane KO performances, but it's good music, and I really enjoy listening to them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I remember someone saying here that Sid's KO was good but he keeps it at 100% all the time. Umm.... his KO was nothing like that.

This criticism is valid for his blind and battle, but his KO pretty much solved that issue

Funnily enough, both him and Desz had some minor things to improve (at least for me) and they fixed them in their KOs

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, echoap said:

Sid screamy style remind me of a less soulful Michael Lee. I was expecting him to win the knockout with "Make It Rain" (perfect song choice for him) but ended up enjoying Desz a bit more. 

Literally was just thinking Sid reminded me of him. His KO performance belongs in that "Knockout Breakout Performances?" thread.

Too bad he left like right after that lmao.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Sid screamy style remind me of a less soulful Michael Lee. I was expecting him to win the knockout with "Make It Rain" (perfect song choice for him) but ended up enjoying Desz a bit more. 

DeSz was way better IMO (which is saying a lot, considering how good Sid was. 

• Like 1