The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

For John Holiday:

He killed it definitely and I appreciate that he didn't do it like everyone else. I'll be honest I was waiting for another level from John because I know how Monster of a vocalist he is(Trust me he only used half of his vocal range) but then again that F5 note is the perfect note for the key of this song so he did justice to it and he neither went sharp nor flat. I'm still waiting for THAT one performance from him in which he uses his Full Power.(Maybe he pulled a Jordan Smith here, didn't show his full range in the KO's but showed it the semi-finals)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

John is lucky the format will probably be the same as last season, otherwise his team would probably be done before semis

Yeah lmao, it is actually sad because I thought for a sec that he will actually have the strongest team till the end, but once again, he did not

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

For John Holiday:

He killed it definitely and I appreciate that he didn't do it like everyone else. I'll be honest I was waiting for another level from John because I know how Monster of a vocalist he is(Trust me he only used half of his vocal range) but then again that F5 note is the perfect note for the key of this song so he did justice to it and he neither went sharp nor flat. I'm still waiting for THAT one performance from him in which he uses his Full Power.(Maybe he pulled a Jordan Smith here, didn't show his full range in the KO's but showed it the semi-finals)

his end notes make him forget the shy start

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I'd probably give the win to Cami just because she embodied the dark side and the message of the song. As much as I want to enjoy John H.'s performance, I couldn't, because there were notes that it felt like he's holding back or something. Keisha Renee is not shook after that performance, tbh.

Exactly my thoughts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I'd probably give the win to Cami just because she embodied the dark side and the message of the song. As much as I want to enjoy John H.'s performance, I couldn't, because there were notes that it felt like he's holding back or something. Keisha Renee is not shook after that performance, tbh.

I think many are expecting huge notes from Cami because the past performances had huge notes with them. But, the message of the song was actually meant to be in that dark haunting way, which Cami embodied. The arrangement could've been better, yes. It did not have huge notes like John, yes. But was it the one I will listen to over and over again and is pleasant to my ears? Definitely yes.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I agree, Keisha remains undefeated with All By Myself cover on the voice 

• Like 2

Also I wanna say I did want John H to show more strength but that doesn't mean that I didn't like it. Vocally that was one of the best KO performances ever. He showed more control than Range, I mean he can do a lot more but didn't you guys noticed how he controlled himself from singing way too high. 

Btw this version remains the supreme for me. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Also I wanna say I did want John H to show more strength but that doesn't mean that I didn't like it. Vocally that was one of the best KO performances ever. He showed more control than Range, I mean he can do a lot more but didn't you guys noticed how he controlled himself from singing way too high. 

You probably listened to more off show performance from John H than me but he can go significantly higher than this?

Those high notes genuinely seemed like the top of his range

Edited by antikid
  • Like 1

I wasn't expecting huge notes from Cami because quite frankly, she doesn't have the range, it just literally went nowhere. He is literally screaming in the original. That was no urgency in her performance. She literally took the song and did nothing interesting with it. Devoid of all emotion imo. Even the Annie Lennox (which is who I think she was inspired by?) was sang with more urgency. Wrong song for her imo. Reminded me of why I didn't really care for Wicked Games either.

• Like 2

Desz + Sid > John + Cami tbh

I actually really liked Cami's performance, it wasn't mind-blowing but it's the type of performance I enjoy and will probably frequently come back to.

Something about John didn't do it for me. It wasn't even the "screechiness". I just didn't think he sang the best he could. He's definitely better than that.

• Like 2

Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

Kelly? Probably. But John? I don't think so. 

he has 3 lives to tell John and Tamara to choose the right songs and control their voice otherwise ... Kelly will be the only one to claim victory

Amazing (or at least great) KO's so far for me this season:

Kelly: Desz, Sid, Madeline

Gwen: Payge, Carter, Chloe

John: Cami (lmao)

Blake: Jim, Worth The Wait :stealth:

It's sad that John's post-blinds team was insanely strong but now he has the weakest. (imo)

Tamara and John failed to live up to expectations. Bailey failed to step up from being average. Chloe did great but failed to cement herself as a true contender. And Cami's not on his team anymore.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1