The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I agree, it's a rough choice for any teenage boy and he did do better than plenty of teens would, but I can confidently say that I've heard equal or better versions from people (male and female) somewhere in his age group, if anything just a few years older. With that in mind though - I don't see the hype? On one hand, it's overdone. On the other hand, he did it well enough, but didn't do anything to make it feel any more special or unique than any other cover.

I didn't think it was the best of the night, but I enjoy him tonally and he seems like a sweet kid so I'm happy to see him do well on the show (even if the KO itself was a bit over-hyped).

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I work with high schoolers, I go to a lot of high school performances, I'm very happy if I get one per year that is near what we get from teens on the voice. That's especially true of the boys, and if we get great male vocal performances, I've yet to hear one from a freshman boy. 

(I do not work at an arts school, but I've worked at several different public schools, and I do not think it's the best version of the song every sung, but yeah no, it was much better then you'd expect for a teenager boy)

4 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Same goes here. I mean I love Carter and all but... it wasn't it. Although he definitely did one of the good versions of the song, I cannot see anything extraordinary about it. I still lack something from him, he sometimes move as pageant-ish maybe? The same thing I have encountered on some of Kennedy's performances. I need some more connection from him. But, personally, I think he just secured his spot on Gwen's PV through that performance, since.. minivan is loving it

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I didn't think it was the best of the night, but I enjoy him tonally and he seems like a sweet kid so I'm happy to see him do well on the show (even if the KO itself was a bit over-hyped).

Yeah I definitely agree it was good, but I just personally feel that it ends at good. There wasn't anything superb about it and I think that's what's bugging me about him being the apparent frontrunner for Gwen. I didn't watch live or participate in that thread so I'm not sure how the percentages or anything went, but I think overall, Payge has delivered much more while Carter's growth has been noticeable but still comparably slow - yet I imagine he's the one receiving much more acclaim outside of IDF and he'll have the easier time snagging the PV at this point. I'm confident enough now at this point that both of them will easily make it as PV/CS (Joseph won't, and Ben isn't as big of a threat as some people are claiming him to be), but after that when we have to deal with semis - I really can't see Carter giving a performance that will warrant a PV over Payge, yet I think he'll still most likely get that at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah I definitely agree it was good, but I just personally feel that it ends at good. There wasn't anything superb about it and I think that's what's bugging me about him being the apparent frontrunner for Gwen. I didn't watch live or participate in that thread so I'm not sure how the percentages or anything went, but I think overall, Payge has delivered much more while Carter's growth has been noticeable but still comparably slow - yet I imagine he's the one receiving much more acclaim outside of IDF and he'll have the easier time snagging the PV at this point. I'm confident enough now at this point that both of them will easily make it as PV/CS (Joseph won't, and Ben isn't as big of a threat as some people are claiming him to be), but after that when we have to deal with semis - I really can't see Carter giving a performance that will warrant a PV over Payge, yet I think he'll still most likely get that at this point.

Yep, and I get that. The teenagers be they Brynn or Carter etc are never as good artistically as the adults. And I will be voting for Payge. But I don’t need to undersell Carter’s performance either, I can still give him props for being a really talented 14yo. It was one of the better KO’s of the season (Payge is my #1). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I didn't watch live or participate in that thread so I'm not sure how the percentages or anything went

Do you agree with Gwen's decision to move Carter through?

g4cupbj.png

Edited by David68

Props to Gwen I gotta say. Went from the weakest team to them delivering great battle (Carter vs Larriah, Payge vs Lauren) and KO (Payge vs Ryan, Carter vs Chloe) performances. If Carter actually wins, I wouldn´t be mad since he can sing and Gwen could finally get a win. Also, she has a Minivan bait contestant. She´s all set for the playoffs honestly.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Props to Gwen I gotta say. Went from the weakest team to them delivering great battle (Carter vs Larriah, Payge vs Larriah) and KO (Payge vs Ryan, Carter vs Chloe) performances. If Carter actually wins, I wouldn´t be mad since he can sing and Gwen could finally get a win. Also, she has a Minivan bait contestant. She´s all set for the playoffs honestly.

Payge vs. Lauren??

1 hour ago, Carlos3500 said:

After seeing madeline's performance, Kelly's team going into the knockouts is literally SOOOO stacked. If Ryan wins it'll be even more stacked. This makes me really sad for Cami because I don't see a path for her to make the next round :(( I'm hoping she does really well tomorrow and minivan or casuals like her

even before madeline's performance probably even as soon as we found out she ended up on team kelly ive felt its a tough path to get past first live

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Holy crap!  Gwen really might pull this off if Carter keeps up that trajectory!  Though it looks like Desz is winning over more than I'd thought.

And despite claims of sinking into "mediocrity" tonight, Ian is still doing decently in terms of popularity, too.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Holy crap!  Gwen really might pull this off if Carter keeps up that trajectory!  Though it looks like Desz is winning over more than I'd thought.

And despite claims of sinking into "mediocrity" tonight, Ian is still doing decently in terms of popularity, too.

IMO, the only result that is significant here is Carter’s. The others are all bunched together, making comparisons meaningless. Granted, this is only one night, but I suspect this isn’t the last time we’ll see this. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s the preview from the end of the show, with about 1 second of singing from each of the 4-way KO participants. 

I'm anxiously waiting for the first person to give their thoughts on whose performance is the best based solely off everyone's <1 second in that promo. :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'm anxiously waiting for the first person to give their thoughts on whose performance is the best based solely off everyone's <1 second in that promo. :haha:

I don’t know about that, but Taryn definitely slayed that one second clip. ;)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I agree, it's a rough choice for any teenage boy and he did do better than plenty of teens would, but I can confidently say that I've heard equal or better versions from people (male and female) somewhere in his age group, if anything just a few years older. With that in mind though - I don't see the hype? On one hand, it's overdone. On the other hand, he did it well enough, but didn't do anything to make it feel any more special or unique than any other cover.

i think for me, carter's KO was shocking, because in every previous round, to me, he sounded immature. in his KO, he hit the notes well and sounded more mature imo, so i think the surprise also made me feel like his performance was better. i will say, though that i would prefer a carter + payge top 2, since i think carter is good, and i think he can improve more, as teens tend to do on the show. i prefer him over ben and joseph, and think he has a greater capacity for improvement.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Personally I preferred Chloe but I can’t really argue with Gwen’s pick since Chloe’s DOA wherever she goes.

i noticed that carter did have some issues on the lower notes, which is something he'll need to improve on. chloe also didn't give a technically perfect performance, but i'd say it was more interesting and showed more about her voice than carter's, which mainly just showed a solid, powerful chest voice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

lmao @ people not knowing how to spell desz's name

23 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

i definitely think that ryan is going to win, his part of the clip was clearly superior to every other full performance this season.

2 minutes ago, French20 said:

each time Carter performs, his opponents are better than him

Larriah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carter for the battle

and there Chloe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carter for KO

If I'm removing biases here, it would probably be like this

Larriah >> Carter

Carter >> Chloe (But I preferred Chloe)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1