Just now, chilimac3518 said:

"The Prayer" is a pop-classical crossover (aka "popera"), but it is not opera in the sense that it isn't from an operatic production. Ryan has never sang with a professional opera company, and Holiday has made his career doing so. 

that makes sense! i guess the reason that holiday isn't considered an opera singer on here is because he's decided to take the jazz-lane on the voice. we were having a similar discussion earlier on whether non-country singers off the show who do country on the show are considered country singers, and we didn't really come to one conclusion so i think it really comes down to opinion: do you consider his genre in terms of what he does on the show or off the show? 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Posted Images

John auditioned with a jazz standard, then sung an R&B/Soul song with a jazzy chord structure for his battle, and now he´s going with a diva power ballad in his KO. He is definitely opera off the show, but this is what he has given to the show so far. 

Ryan has done popera, a power ballad, and now is back to popera in his KO, so while he may not be as operatic as John off the show, he has been more than him in it.

• Like 1

Ryan Gallagher was in a singing competition in the Philippines and he sang some Filipino ballads pretty well, so I can definitely see him killing some ballads in English, which he can sing with just a touch of classical influence.

(I don't think he should do country lmao pls no)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

I see Sid is at Henson Recording Studio...he posted on his story... Does that have anything to do with the voice?

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

That’s the studio they use to record. So it looks like we’re getting studios 🥰

:teeheebounce::peace:Yay It will probably be on YT Music 

https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCpdK1NLHxEUGXc1gq2NxkTw

Google is partnering with NBC’s “The Voice” to help Nest Audio users find new music and control it using Google Assistant and YouTube Music.

From November 30 onwards, users can listen to the official “The Voice” Playlist and relive their favorite performances from the live episodes.

https://androidfist.com/google-partners-with-nbcs-the-voice-and-brings-it-to-nest-audio/

• Like 1

^

So, you have to have a subscription to YT Music to hear the studios? I’ll pass. 

I see Chevel and Thunderstorm are in paid partnerships with Google Nest to promote this. Does anyone here actually use this stuff to listen to music? Do they really expect minivan to figure out how to vote with this? LMAO

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

^

So, you have to have a subscription to YT Music to hear the studios? I’ll pass. 

I see Chevel and Thunderstorm are in paid partnerships with Google Nest to promote this. Does anyone here actually use this stuff to listen to music? Do they really expect minivan to figure out how to vote with this? LMAO

Right now I can listen to the playlist  you just have ads

EditL YT Music is replacing Google Play Music ( GP music is closing in December) which is Google answer/alternative to iTunes Music.  I don't stream but I assumed on the app it will be someting similar to iTunes Music

6 minutes ago, Dany said:

Right now I can listen to the playlist  you just have ads

EditL YT Music is replacing Google Play Music ( GP music is closing in december) which is Google answer/alternative to iTunes Music.  I don't stream but I assumed on the app it will be someting similar to iTunes Music

Well, I signed up for Apple Music a long time ago. I like it, and I don’t have ads, so there’s no chance of getting me to switch to the YT premium service. I may listen to a studio once or twice, as long as I have access, but that will be it. This is disappointing. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, sneaky said:

A lot of the audience probably couldnt wrap their head around John doing opera.

1 hour ago, chilimac3518 said:

"The Prayer" is a pop-classical crossover (aka "popera"), but it is not opera in the sense that it isn't from an operatic production. Ryan has never sang with a professional opera company, and Holiday has made his career doing so. 

IMO it seems that a lot of the audience probably can't wrap their head around anything which John does...LOL 🤣

I can't seem to find anything about Ryan claiming that he is, or ever has been, an opera singer. Would someone please point me to where he claimed to be? I can only find on his HP that he is a classically trained vocalist, was "in Nashville songwriting and performing on the country music circuit", but his "true love lives with the Classical Ballads and the Jazz Standards."

7 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

AND Larriah is generally better then her Tyran is 37 ? By time Larriah turns 20 she’s already a far better vocalist than Tyran and Larriah is just more likable if I’m being real plus Tyran been auditioning for a long time something gotta be wrong 

Who tf is Tyran?

• Haha 12

People gotta understand that for The Voice audience, you are the persona the show creates. If Ryan Gallagher decided to enlist as an opera singer and John H as a Jazz singer, this is it. Whatever the hell they do when the show is over, is up to them. 

2 hours ago, chilimac3518 said:

Except for John Holiday, who is set to sing in a 2021 production at the Metropolitan Opera, the most famous opera house in the world. 

I've said it before and will say it again: I don't understand why they are calling Ryan G an opera singer when there is an actual professional opera singer in the competition. 

But he’s not on the Voice to improve his standing among his opera peers. That would be like someone with Olympic potential deciding to go on American Ninja Warrior instead of the Olympic trials. John H must have some interest in appealing to a wider non-opera audience.

30 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

AND Larriah is generally better then her Tyran is 37 ? By time Larriah turns 20 she’s already a far better vocalist than Tyran and Larriah is just more likable if I’m being real plus Tyran been auditioning for a long time something gotta be wrong 

how dare you GIF

TARYN is 30 years old, so clearly you need to do some research. :/ You know who also auditioned for a talent show for a long time, Pia Toscano from American Idol, and one look at all of her performances will show that the work and perseverance paid off. I see that same work ethic in Taryn. Not to mention, is America voting on 20 year old Larriah? No, they’re not. 😅

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

how dare you GIF

TARYN is 30 years old, so clearly you need to do some research. :/ You know who also auditioned for a talent show for a long time, Pia Toscano from American Idol, and one look at all of her performances will show that the work and perseverance paid off. I see that same work ethic in Taryn. Not to mention, is America voting on 20 year old Larriah? No, they’re not. 😅

I was going based off of looks I ain’t researching Taryn and Pia was on Idol that’s already a flex because of the support they get and they way I see Larriah is that she already has the full package at a young age

5 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I was going based off of looks I ain’t researching Taryn and Pia was on Idol that’s already a flex because of the support they get and they way I see Larriah is that she already has the full package at a young age

You were basing this on looks... :no: If you don’t feel like researching Taryn, then you can’t make outrageous claims like this... I do love that someone is admitting that Idol is/was better at something (I still think it’s better than the Voice, don’t kill me... :stealth:) I see where you’re coming from with Larriah’s readiness at a young age, but I still feel that Taryn is a more seasoned performer. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Confused 🤔 I thought we've been told by many here we should not be basing off of looks! Should we or not??? :rofl:

No biggie. Unless the 4wko performances dictate differently, I'm for Ryan...with or without all of their looks.

2 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Well, I’m glad you found a contestant you like. Please continue to support her after she gets eliminated next week, and keep us up to date on how she’s doing. Too many contestants are forgotten by the audience (including their “fans”) the moment they walk off that stage for the last time. 

She even has a fan thread, so we can all follow her post-show journey, hopefully, with your help. 

Edited by TeamAudra
51 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Well, I’m glad you found a contestant you like. Please continue to support her after she gets eliminated next week, and keep us up to date on how she’s doing. Too many contestants are forgotten by the audience (including their “fans”) the moment they walk off that stage for the last time. 

She even has a fan thread, so we can all follow her post-show journey, hopefully, with your help. 

Well I only follow them if they put out a good song of their own I unfollowed Addison Agen and Noah Mac because I wasn’t feeling they original music. I even wanna unfollow Ali Caldwell because her original music ain’t it but I have hope for her to make it big and I have those hopes for my favs this season 

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

chile is a slang term people use LMAO

You’re right. Here’s what I was able to find. 

——

TOP DEFINITION
chile is pronounced like child without the d. it’s sometimes used when someone does something questionable sort of like “wtf” nicki minajpopularized it when someone commented on her big boobs on instagram live. she said “um chile... anyways” and people have started using it as a meme, however, it’s been around and used in the black community for years
*sees weird instagram posts*

um chile wtf is this” 
“chile sit the hell down” 
or simply just “chile—“
by girlypop69 June 30, 2020

Edited by TeamAudra
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’re right. Here’s what I was able to find. 

——

TOP DEFINITION
chile is pronounced like child without the d. it’s sometimes used when someone does something questionable sort of like “wtf” nicki minajpopularized it when someone commented on her big boobs on instagram live. she said “um chile... anyways” and people have started using it as a meme, however, it’s been around and used in the black community for years
*sees weird instagram posts*

um chile wtf is this” 
“chile sit the hell down” 
or simply just “chile—“
by girlypop69 June 30, 2020

TY...but not black here 😳