3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

This is too much talk for someone who isn’t even making it to the playoffs....(hi Larriah/Taryn)🤣

no jk I know he has a high chance of making it lol but please I need Taryn to move on ☹️

If Taryn doesn’t make the lives...

angry viral moments GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Larriah has IMO, the best combo of current abilities and future potential. So she’ll probably place 4th!

Nah, with that song choice, Julia´s definitely placing 4th. Larriah doesn´t have as good a chance compared to Taryn and Ryan, but perhaps she might pull a surprise. 

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Nah, with that song choice, Julia´s definitely placing 4th. Larriah doesn´t have as good a chance compared to Taryn and Ryan, but perhaps she might pull a surprise. 

Wait a minute. Not everyone who watches the show drives a minivan. I think we all tend to paint the entire audience with this broad brush. As for Julia, I think her odds would be slim with any song choice, just based on style and genre. It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure.  

Edited by TeamAudra
10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Larriah has IMO, the best combo of current abilities and future potential. So she’ll probably place 4th!

My argument would be there’s a 15 year old in nearly every church who can sing as well or better, and there’s nothing unique about her style or tone. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

My argument would be there’s a 15 year old in nearly every church who can sing as well or better, and there’s nothing unique about her style or tone. 

You can make the same argument about every singer on this show. There’s a ______  in every ________ who can sing as well and there’s nothing unique about them. 

And it feels like it’s entirely by design. The show has been casting “types” for a while now. There hasn’t been a truly interesting artist on this show for several seasons.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Lol I like how everyone is just belittling Julia. Just imagine if she does better than Larriah and Taryn and comes 2nd lol.

I don´t doubt that she will kill it, and someone who went to the taping here said she was their favorite, but both her style and song choice are going to hold her back in terms of votes. She´s perhaps the most electic contestant of the 4, therefore the least "safe".

8 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

You can make the same argument about every singer on this show. There’s a ______  in every ________ who can sing as well and there’s nothing unique about them. 

And it feels like it’s entirely by design. The show has been casting “types” for a while now. There hasn’t been a truly interesting artist on this show for several seasons.

Some of this may be due to the show forcing contestants into a box, denying them the ability to display their uniqueness. And if a contestant strays too far from the mainstream, they go bye-bye. 

But, I understand your point. The show mainly looks for good cover singers of popular songs, primarily in the country/country adjacent and R&B genres, with a little pop and indie-pop sprinkled in. 

Edited by TeamAudra
3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol I like how everyone is just belittling Julia. Just imagine if she does better than Larriah and Taryn and comes 2nd lol.

She’s in my Top 10, so I could see her overtaking Ryan in terms of my personal preference (for this round.)

• Like 1

TBH none of the 4 way knockout participants should be there in the first place (especially Taryn and Larriah since they were significantly better than their opponents). Judging by the battles that actually happened, Ryan definitely lost, and also Julia (less obvious but John was kinda better). But the Marisa vs Ryan and Julia vs John pairings could’ve been easily avoided to keep them both moving on in the regular knockouts, but oh well....

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Julia (less obvious but John was kinda better)

julia was given a song that fit john better imo, and she still did well, but john definitely won. i agree that the pairing should have been avoided, or john could have just given a fairer song choice

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I don’t think they announce the placements other than the winner for the 4 way KO. We aren’t going to know anything except who came first.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

He’s obviously not going to make it as a world class opera singer. You don’t come on the Voice if you legitimately think you can have a career in opera. That ship has sailed. But I do think he can find a niche in the popera/classical crossover space.

Which is why singing country would be silly. I’d advise him to check out the journey/song choices of Harrison Craig, who won S2 of the Voice AU. Harrison had an awesome sob story, but his song selection was solid.

Except for John Holiday, who is set to sing in a 2021 production at the Metropolitan Opera, the most famous opera house in the world. 

I've said it before and will say it again: I don't understand why they are calling Ryan G an opera singer when there is an actual professional opera singer in the competition. 

2 minutes ago, chilimac3518 said:

Except for John Holiday, who is set to sing in a 2021 production at the Metropolitan Opera, the most famous opera house in the world. 

I've said it before and will say it again: I don't understand why they are calling Ryan G an opera singer when there is an actual professional opera singer in the competition. 

so far:

ryan has done opera on the show;

john has not done opera on the show.

10 minutes ago, chilimac3518 said:

A lot of the audience probably couldnt wrap their head around John doing opera.

Though I dont follow that closely, does he actually want to do opera?

11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

so far:

ryan has done opera on the show;

john has not done opera on the show.

"The Prayer" is a pop-classical crossover (aka "popera"), but it is not opera in the sense that it isn't from an operatic production. Ryan has never sang with a professional opera company, and Holiday has made his career doing so.