The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ok their might be a slight hope here (Very tiny)

https://androidfist.com/google-partners-with-nbcs-the-voice-and-brings-it-to-nest-audio/

Google is partnering with NBC’s “The Voice” to help Nest Audio users find new music and control it using Google Assistant and YouTube Music. 

Google has said that users can listen to the official playlists on their Nest Audio or other Assistant-enabled devices with a YouTube Music subscription starting November 19, 2020

From November 30 onwards, users can listen to the official “The Voice” Playlist and relive their favorite performances from the live episodes.

So I think that will replace the studio, You will have live performance song on YT Music,

Here the current playlist with Alumni Original done after the Voice. So it's good to support Alumni

https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCpdK1NLHxEUGXc1gq2NxkTw

EDIT: I believe YT music is supposed to replace Google Play Music, that the competitor to iTunes from Google.  So they switch from iTunes to YT Music.

EDIT 2: Here the annoncement from Google Blog https://blog.google/products/google-nest/nest-audio-with-google-assistant/

So instead of studio we have a recording of live performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dany said:

Ok their might be a slight hope here (Very tiny)

https://androidfist.com/google-partners-with-nbcs-the-voice-and-brings-it-to-nest-audio/

So I think that will replace the studio, You will have live performance song on YT Music,

Here the current playlist with Alumni Original done after the Voice. So it's good to support Alumni

https://music.youtube.com/channel/UCpdK1NLHxEUGXc1gq2NxkTw

Love to see Sway by Danielle Bradbery in there! 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s OK. I wasn’t looking for people to agree with me. We have at least one of these every season. Last season it was Todd, but he was closer to country than Jim, IMO. 

Only half of Todd’s songs were country songs. He could just as easily be classified as as a power ballad singer based on his song selection.

OK, now I got my initial reaction of the KO out of the way, gonna give props to Jim, that was a great performance. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets more support from Team Minivan after that. But I refuse to accept defeat, I hope Sid gets a Landslide moment and somehow convince Blake to take him all the way.

I will point out that Blake did stood up for Sid in his KO and not for Jim/Ben, and based on him calling back to his conversation with Sid and his mother in the recent YouTube promo, he seems very excited for Sid to go far on the show. That's gotta count for something, right? 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Only half of Todd’s songs were country songs. He could just as easily be classified as as a power ballad singer based on his song selection.

Almost everyone who watches the show considers him a country singer.  Nobody calls him a power ballad singer. Anyway, this is getting boring. Let’s move on. LOL

• Like 7

Just now, Teraginn said:

OK, now I got my initial reaction of the KO out of the way, gonna give props to Jim, that was a great performance. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets more support from Team Minivan after that. But I refuse to accept defeat, I hope Sid gets a Landslide moment and somehow convince Blake to take him all the way.

I will point out that Blake did stood up for Sid in his KO and not for Jim/Ben, and based on him calling back to his conversation with Sid and his mother in the recent YouTube promo, he seems very excited for Sid to go far on the show. That's gotta count for something, right? 

i'm honestly so torn on team blake... he has so many talented people this season (especially if taryn wins the ko). i like taryn, wtw, and sid all a LOT, and the other two i like a good amount but not as much. since ryan g. is likely going to win the KO, i'd love a wtw + sid top 2 😄 ill be rooting for him!!

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Almost everyone who watches the show considers him a country singer.  Nobody calls him a power ballad singer. Anyway, this is getting boring. Let’s move on. LOL

lmao yeah it was entertaining at first but its been drawn out quite a lot by now :yawn:

21 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Manifesting this. I love that he´s going back to the keyboard again for this one.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Tbh, I don’t think he’s a power ballad singer either. But I consider him a CCM singer, not a country singer. 

Let's cut to the chase, Jim was never in real danger, if yall thought his Battle was him cutting down on popularity, do you even watch this show?

He had his moment in the KO now, he's a lock for 2nd place at least, I'll believe he isn't until I see it. Question is, who will be in the Top 3 in the end of all this?

I suspect Kelly will get someone in the Top 3, maybe they will be the one to fight off Jim for 1st. Tanner or Ryan? 3rd place can be a toss-up, Gwen with Ben/Carter or John with Holiday/Tamara.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Let's cut to the chase, Jim was never in real danger, if yall thought his Battle was him cutting down on popularity, do you even watch this show?

He had his moment in the KO now, he's a lock for 2nd place at least, I'll believe he isn't until I see it. Question is, who will be in the Top 3 in the end of all this?

I suspect Kelly will get someone in the Top 3, maybe they will be the one to fight off Jim for 1st. Tanner or Ryan? 3rd place can be a toss-up, Gwen with Ben/Carter or John with Holiday/Tamara.

so pessimistic 😭, i actually don't mind jim or tanner, but there are so many more talented people than just them...

also, i was pretty disappointed by the leak (jim's ko was good, but he's not my favorite), but i guess the really nice thing is that when the show comes, i don't have to feel sad that i've already watched the first one. it's a lot more interesting to watch the show when there are more good ones to look forward to

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Is it only me or did Jim really give Todd vibes(On Humble And Kind)?

It's the most Todd-like he's sounded, that's for sure. 

To derail and do a Jim vs. Todd side bit for a sec: Todd's voice is grittier than Jim's, and he can throw power behind his sound without running into the over-singing issue Jim's admitted he has. However, both guys definitely feed off having a crowd/live audience to energize them, and both have a decent amount of power behind their voices that works in different ways. Todd, for example, works really well with power ballads and things like Kenny Rogers or Bob Seger where he can pour in a lot of emotion with the rasp he has; Jim, on the other hand, sounds great when he just lets loose and rips into things where his voice can soar whether that's Keith Urban, Christmas music (like Mary Did You Know), or anything in between.

All that rambling aside, a song like Humble and Kind where Jim can show off a softer side of his voice while still packing a wallop was a smart choice - it shows he can handle different aspects of the same genre while still letting the things that make him a solid vocalist shine through.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Jim strikes me as a Keisha Renee type, a contestant that sings country on the show, but whose voice is not country sounding, and is clearly better suited for other genres.

Yes, and for the record, I said this about Keisha, Adam Wakefield, Sundance Head, and several others. Sundance is my favorite contestant from that season, so it’s not as though I’m disqualifying contestants based on this. It’s just a bit of a pet peeve of mine, when they don’t sing country off the show, and then come on the show, and decide they’re country singers. Whatever. 

• Like 1

Rewatching the leak with some thoughts:

• Jim's performance had a lot of emotional vulnerability and softer moments, but he also had the chance to cut loose and show off the big soaring notes that suit him super-well. I try not to grade performances til they come up on TV, but my gut instinct is to give him an A-; he's not the highest on my favorites list from his team but that was a solid performance overall and a smart song choice. Hopefully we'll get to see this side of him again at some point.
  • JusJon's stage presence and overall energy was excellent - but this is a textbook example of how a bad song choice can absolutely tank an artist. Technically speaking, Bruno's stuff is pretty tricky (see: Finesse now tanking two singers in back-to-back seasons and That's What I Like taking out a pair of four-chairs in back-to-back seasons though in DeAndre's case that was also Robegate week) so unless you have a really similar level of vocal control + have proven capable of comfortably tackling faster-paced songs, don't break out anything that goes faster than When I Was Your Man or Grenade if you insist on doing Bruno songs. I commend JusJon for making an effort; he's clearly comfortable on stage and making it this deep into the competition is still nothing to sneeze at.

I am not sure but are all 4-way KO competitors in LA right now?

That'd be sad if they went all the way to LA just for them to not even have a chance to perform. And also does that mean that they will announce the results live? With the competitors on the stage or

something?

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I am not sure but are all 4-way KO competitors in LA right now?

That'd be sad if they went all the way to LA just for them to not even have a chance to perform. And also does that mean that they will announce the results live? With the competitors on the stage or

something?

Taryn said during one of her IG live streams that the announcement will be done live. So, I guess that's the case.