The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

If it´s 7 PVs and an Instant Save, John is screwed. The only one I can see voted through, and that´s a maybe, is John H, or maybe Chloe depending on how she does in her KO and how people recieve her:

But so far I would picture something like this:

Ben (Team Gwen)
Sid (Team Blake)

Jim (Team Blake)
Ryan G (Team Kelly)

Desz (Team Kelly)
Ian (Team Blake)
John H (Team Legend)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If it´s 7 PVs and an Instant Save, John is screwed. The only one I can see voted through, and that´s a maybe, is John H, or maybe Chloe depending on how she does in her KO and how people recieve her:

But so far I would picture something like this:

Ben (Team Gwen)
Sid (Team Blake)

Jim (Team Blake)
Ryan G (Team Kelly)

Desz (Team Kelly)
Ian (Team Blake)
John H (Team Legend)

There’s no way WTW wouldn’t get a top 7 vote unless they were to completely flop. 

Edited by TeamAudra

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

When you say this do you mean that she was pitchy or she just had issues regarding volume and enunciation? 

Well there was nothing to enunciate because that was one long drawn out note. 😅 So yeah I would say the end of the note was pitchy because she couldn’t hold it out consistently. But, like I said before, overall Marisa was a firecracker so she deserves kudos.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

There’s no way WTW wouldn’t get a top 7 vote unless they were to completely flop. 

The novelty factor and Blake´s support might help them, but I´m still not convinced that they will get a PV, they are quite controversial in FB, and social media in general. Also, I see them as a potential flopping candidates in the playoffs, but anything could happen.

All I know that the rest of Blake´s team might be safe if that´s the format they are using.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agggron said:

Well there was nothing to enunciate because that was one long drawn out note. 😅 So yeah I would say the end of the note was pitchy because she couldn’t hold it out consistently. But, like I said before, overall Marisa was a firecracker so she deserves kudos.

Oh ok, I didn’t know you were referring to the long drawn out note. Thank you for explaining. ☺️

A top 7 + IS overall Dream Team vs. Reality:

Dream Team:

• Sid (Team Blake)
  • Taryn (Team Blake)
  • Desz (Team Kelly)
  • Cami (Team Kelly)
  • Payge (Team Gwen)
  • Carter (Team Gwen)
  • John (Team Legend)
  • Tamara (Team Legend) - Instant Save winner

Reality:

• Jim (Team Blake)
  • Ian (Blake)
  • WTW (Team Blake)
  • Desz (Team Kelly)
  • Ryan (Team Kelly)
  • Ben (Team Gwen)
  • John (Team Legend)
  • Sid (Team Blake) - Instant Save Winner

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The novelty factor and Blake´s support might help them, but I´m still not convinced that they will get a PV, they are quite controversial in FB, and social media in general. Also, I see them as a potential flopping candidates in the playoffs, but anything could happen.

All I know that the rest of Blake´s team might be safe if that´s the format they are using.

I think we’re all overreacting to Facebook comments, but we’ll see in a couple weeks. Blake always gets his chosen one through. 

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

A top 7 + IS overall Dream Team vs. Reality:

Dream Team:

• Sid (Team Blake)
  • Taryn (Team Blake)
  • Desz (Team Kelly)
  • Cami (Team Kelly)
  • Payge (Team Gwen)
  • Carter (Team Gwen)
  • John (Team Legend)
  • Tamara (Team Legend) - Instant Save winner

Reality:

• Jim (Team Blake)
  • Ian (Blake)
  • WTW (Team Blake)
  • Desz (Team Kelly)
  • Ryan (Team Kelly)
  • Ben (Team Gwen)
  • John (Team Legend)
  • Sid (Team Blake) - Instant Save Winner

I don't see Desz getting voted

2 minutes ago, DETIED said:

I don't see Desz getting voted

i, personally do because an AA diva always makes it far on the show, every single season. tamara seems more different from our previous iterations, which is really cool, but probably not good for votes. desz is more in-line with toneisha who did well last season, so i think she could make it

• Like 2

Just now, ashwinner said:

i, personally do because an AA diva always makes it far on the show, every single season. tamara seems more different from our previous iterations, which is really cool, but probably not good for votes. desz is more in-line with toneisha who did well last season, so i think she could make it

That plus Desz is with Kelly, who Minivan likes, while Tamara is with John, who Minivan is quite a bit less fond of (to put it lightly).

At the moment, I wouldn't see both Jim and Ian as locks just yet. They haven't gotten any pimping and while I'm sure they'll do just fine, this is a much more diverse season. I'd say maybe one of them gets in but the other doesn't. I'm sure the producers will bus one. Or if the Sid's KO gets enough hype, maybe they'll abandon both Jim and Ian completely.

Currently, I'd say (in no particular order)

-Worth the Wait

-Sid Kingsley

-Jim Ranger

-John Holiday

-Payge Turner

-Carter Rubin

-DeSz

(if Ryan Gallagher gets wins, then sub him for Carter Rubin)

I'd say at the very least, WTW, DeSz, and John are the only definite locks. Everyone could still be up in the air, but I do have faith that viewers will give Payge enough support, Jim and Sid could garner enough, and Carter would be my next guess. 

For Kelly's team, DeSz would be a lock I think. Of Tanner and Madeline, I'd give Madeline maybe a slight advantage. Cami's a weird one because she's been hard to read. If she nails something, she could make a PV, but Kelly's team is probably the most competitive/up in the air imo. Especially if Ryan gets added.

For Gwen, Payge has been getting enough support and pimping (thankfully). The producers are gonna make sure that happens no matter what. She hasn't gotten a pimp spot yet - they've been saving it for playoffs - mark my words. Ben has a surprisingly decent shot, but I wouldn't put him quite above Carter just yet because there is so much country male and it all just blends in. This isn't the same circumstance as S16. Joseph's DOA. I'm in my dream scenario right now of Larriah snatching the win and causing trouble for Carter, but that's a loooooong shot that I don't see as a reality either.

For John, John's a lock. I might give Bailey like a .00001% better chance than Tamara, I don't see a scenario for Chloe making it through on PV. She's DOA. Tamara would have a better shot at the instant save than Bailey, however. Julia wouldn't have a significant impact on anything.

For Blake, WTW is probably gonna get enough support to at least make the semifinals, not so sure about the finale. They're a lock. Sid's surprisingly been well received everywhere so I'd give him the next best shot. I already explained my reasoning on Jim and Ian, but I don't think we'll get both. Taryn has potential to sneak in but since the audience obviously has a preference for country males over country females, she still has that hurdle to clear before I give her a big chance.

• Like 2

Just now, Daillon said:

I think people are sleeping on Tanner, who imo has better chances that Ian/Jim/Ben despite not being Team Blake.

Honestly, he's likely the most dangerous - we know country can get montaged and still make the finale (see: the top 3 in S15 all getting montaged or short-clipped in the battles and still making it that far), he's on a team with a well-liked coach, and has nobody within his team competing for his lane. As long as his KO is shown in full, he's got a shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antikid said:

I think they'll do some sort of a live voting save, if it's in fact Top 8, I expect it to be Top 7 overall + Instant save. If it's Top 9, then probably the same as last seasons

I want the overall top 7...

I think Team Legend and Team Gwen will suffer from this format. I think Kelly will do fine 

Edited by VoiceFan!

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s all about his KO. That will give us a hindsight of what can we expect for him in the Playoffs.

I think Desz’s KO will give us a lot of info too, right now I wouldn’t call her a lock for the PV (I personally would give the edge to Tanner) but if she kills it it might be over for him

Edited by Daillon

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think Desz’s KO will give us a lot of info too, right now I wouldn’t call her a lock for the PV (I personally would give the edge to Tanner) but if she kills it it might be over for him

It will be interesting to see how both Desz and Sid´s KOs are recieved and which one will the audience prefers.

As for Tanner, his KO song is right up Minivan´s alley, not to mention he´s got the confidence  to sell it.

Edited by Misirlou

I would've preferred if the steals/saves went like this so the 4-way KO wouldn't be as stacked:

Kelly Save: Ryan Gallagher

Gwen Save: Lauren Frihauf

John Save: Bailey Rae (Sid wins)

Blake Save: Worth The Wait (Taryn wins)

Kelly Steal: Larriah Jackson

Gwen Steal: Julia Cooper

John Steal: Joseph Soul

Blake Steal: James Pyle

If their respective KO songs were the same, I think Ryan G would be competing with WTW, while Lauren and Bailey wouldn't have much of a chance.

This would also shake up the KO pairings. We would likely get the following new pairings:

Team Kelly:

Larriah vs Desz

Team Gwen:

Julia vs Van

Team John:

Sid vs Joseph

Team Blake:

Ben vs Taryn

If you were a contestant on the voice, which is better: KO round loser (non-montage), or being in the 4 way KO? 

On the one hand you only had to battle one other person, got a full performance package, won your battle, and didn't have to sit around waiting your fate for months

on the other, you get to almost be part of the live shows, as you are brought back to LA, and your fate is revealed later. Plus you get custom high end ears (which if you have a music career is a big thing). 

Like is Larriah better off where she is now, or having to face Desz in the KO round as posited above

Edited by seak05

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Like is Larriah better off where she is now, or having to face Desz in the KO round as posited above

I suspect she gets a steal in that scenario anyway, because apparently she had a great KO. In the 4-way KO, there's no saving her if she loses.

Edited by FloorWax