Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, joe14 said:

What bothered me more was Ryan's nonchalant attitude. Like he sounded nice but put in like no effort. Like YES Ryan give me nothing! lmao. He couldn't match her energy so she's "overconfident." predictable.

I agree that he could have gave a bit more but imo it's just his approach to this song, ofc I preferred Payge but I liked Ryan and his tone is really beautiful

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

I agree that he could have gave a bit more but imo it's just his approach to this song, ofc I preferred Payge but I liked Ryan and his tone is really beautiful


Wrong Ryan :haha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daillon said:


Wrong Ryan :haha:

U meant Ryan Gallagher in ur post? If yes, I agree that Ryan didn't gave much, both vocally and in stage presence, I feel like he is capable of more than what happened in that battle, he wasn't bad but he should have given more imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moonlighty said:

U meant Ryan Gallagher in ur post? If yes, I agree that Ryan didn't gave much, both vocally and in stage presence, I feel like he is capable of more than what happened in that battle, he wasn't bad but he should have given more imo


I think the post you replied to was talking about Ryan Gallagher, not Ryan Berg

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guyhelios said:

Although I have only been following this thread for a few weeks, some of the remarks have seemed at times quite sophomoric. I found myself wanting to post responses so much so that I decided to register. It must be said that reading some of the posts has been as entertaining (and often more so) as some performances😀

 

So I ask my first question. It seems that many find it compelling and for some reason necessary to tear down and ridicule one artist just to support another. Why can't we let the talents of the artists speak for themselves? Cases in point, take the recent diatribes regarding Payge v. Ryan B and Ryan G. v. Marisa. I certainly cannot yet count myself amongst those who are wedded to the show and to this thread, but I was still able to find positives from all 4 artists performances. And why so much venom when I understand that both Ryan B and Marisa will be gone anyway? Thanks.

 

Typical stan behavior. It's not enough that their snowflake does well, they need others to agree with them, so they criticize others to prop up their snowflake. And the minute their snowflake underperforms and gets criticism, they lash out and gets snippy on other artists to feel better.

 

I'm not saying that's how everyone behaves on IDF, but that's just the way it goes usually for fandoms on the Internet.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

And the minute their snowflake underperforms and gets criticism, they lash out and gets snippy on other artists to feel better.

Me and Reagan Strange. :giggle: 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

 

Typical stan behavior. It's not enough that their snowflake does well, they need others to agree with them, so they criticize others to prop up their snowflake. And the minute their snowflake underperforms and gets criticism, they lash out and gets snippy on other artists to feel better.

 

I'm not saying that's how everyone behaves on IDF, but that's just the way it goes usually for fandoms on the Internet.

Thanks...much appreciate the response.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the KO.... Payge won that for me. There's more urgency in her performance. And I don't know what y'all were expecting from her, but she's consistent in her delivery and artistry so far.

 

I could do without that distracting downbeat in her performance though.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Payge definitely won that KO for me. At first I was a bit disappointed, but her version is one where she doesn't need mind-blowing vocals to impress. Her delivery is just what it needs to be and her connection to the song is apparent. And unlike her battle round, she didn't have any missed notes. 

 

I feel like most of us here just had our expectations too high. Watch Joseph get a lot of praise because we expected his KO to be bad. 🤭

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

I feel like most of us here just had our expectations too high. Watch Joseph get a lot of praise because we expected his KO to be bad. 🤭

 

At this point I can see it LOL, especially now given that he´s probably being shown in full after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Weighing in on the KO...Payge proving you don’t need vocal gymnastics and big notes, and Ryan much better than I expected. I prefer him to other contestants in his lane, honestly. 

My pick: Payge 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite me obviously liking Payge more, I do agree with the coaches about Ryan's tone being one you can listen to all day. But Payge's artistry though.... I think it would lend itself even more to her original music rather than covers. I'd listen to an album from either of them tbh. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Despite me obviously liking Payge more, I do agree with the coaches about Ryan's tone being one you can listen to all day. But Payge's artistry though.... I think it would lend itself even more to her original music rather than covers. I'd listen to an album from either of them tbh. 

Ryan does a have a great tone, and he showed a bit more fire in this performance than in his previous ones,  but I can´t get past his enunciation, he needs to work on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

 

Typical stan behavior. It's not enough that their snowflake does well, they need others to agree with them, so they criticize others to prop up their snowflake. And the minute their snowflake underperforms and gets criticism, they lash out and gets snippy on other artists to feel better.

 

I'm not saying that's how everyone behaves on IDF, but that's just the way it goes usually for fandoms on the Internet.

 

PREACH!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having now watched the video multiple times, there is no question that Payge brought the whole package to her KO performance. The fact that her selection and presentation also had a "visual" impact made a difference IMO. Perhaps if this had been audio only, the result may have been different. In any event, I am sorry that Ryan will be eliminated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they would avoid cutting to the coaches more often, especially when someone is pulling off a theatrical performance like Payge was. For someone standing in place, it would be fine, but Payge was moving all around the stage and a lot of the climax of her performance was coaches' reactions.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I wish they would avoid cutting to the coaches more often, especially when someone is pulling off a theatrical performance like Payge was. For someone standing in place, it would be fine, but Payge was moving all around the stage and a lot of the climax of her performance was coaches' reactions.

Absolutely concur. I'd also like the coaches to reduce the performance interruptions with their shouted comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Having now watched the video multiple times, there is no question that Payge brought the whole package to her KO performance. The fact that her selection and presentation also had a "visual" impact made a difference IMO. Perhaps if this had been audio only, the result may have been different. In any event, I am sorry that Ryan will be eliminated.

 

I agree about the visual impact. Payge really got into her performance and her compelling stage presence elevated her vocals.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

We have a number of IDF meltdowns ahead and I love it lol:
 

Ben getting stolen

Tanner beating Marisa

John H beating Cami (especially given that she´s on a more competitive team now)

Kelsie getting eliminated

Ryan G possibly winning the 4 way KO (We still don´t know but he has a good chance)

 

I think the 4 way KO is really stacked so either way I won't be bothered whoever wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I am a fan of Ryan G. because of his voice and tone...[and] because of how DIFFERENT he is from the [other] contestants... The way how calm and collected he is and he is an opera singer, so yup plus points because I LOVE opera music.

 

...but he's been receiving "dislikes" here in this thread, I needed for someone to stand up for him! 

When I initially read this post I was not a member, but now I'd like to echo some of the sentiments expressed above. I, too, love most opera and the lane which Ryan can continue to occupy is unique. If he were solely an opera singer then he would be restricted in his opportunities to advance. However, if one views some of his other performances on the internet, it becomes clear that he is quite adept at other genres.

 

IMO the battle just completed was not indicative of his singing abilities, although I believe he accounted for himself very well vocally. To quote Blake, "the right song is everything" and that was definitely not the right song for Ryan to shine.

 

He definitely could have employed more body movement, but IMO he tends to exhibit his emotion by his facial expressions, hand movements and gestures. It is rare that one sees trained classical vocalists jumping around on stage while performing. His interpretation of the piece called for him to remain grounded which is apparently frequently his approach. The ease with which he sings is actually incredible IMO. Even Gwen observed that he remained "at ease singing perfect notes." It seemed like Ryan was "not even trying."

 

Marisa was powerful but Ryan was, IMO, equally impressive.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...