Also, since everybody´s been disagreeing with the sources throughout the season, there´s a chance that Ben actually turns out to be really good tonight 😂. I´d welcome it honestly, since he can sing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, she´s like Blake in the sense that they have a laid back approach and almost always let the artists do their thing (Key word: Almost) Now John and Kelly on the other hand...

Kelly lets artists sing whatever they want lmao and Blake forces almost anyone country adjacent to do country

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m confident that Gwen will save Payge. They seem to have really connected.

Hopefully you’re right, but don’t forget the fact that Gwen screamed MY BABY! to Carter in his KO.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Hopefully you’re right, but don’t forget the fact that Gwen screamed MY BABY! to Carter in his KO.

and the only reason, I believe, she kept him in his KO is because she thought John would (and did) steal Chloe.  I don't think his place is secure.   She wavered on him for quite awhile

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
1 minute ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

and the only reason, I believe, she kept him in his KO is because she thought John would (and did) steal Chloe.  I don't think his place is secure.   She wavered on him for quite awhile

If she has to choose between Carter and Payge, I see her going with Payge tbh. It would also depend on their performance in the playoffs, and I’ll just say I have more faith in Payge nailing it than Carter.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Yeah, but Idk, I don´t see that connection with Carter just yet. She obviously loves him, but she has seemed more invested in Payge and has a lot in common with her. Those would have been his top 2 for sure, but a certain steal is going to change things. And even though she´s going to get a lot of crap from IDF for that ,her steal was strategic AF.

• Like 1

I mean, I do think Payge has the edge over Carter, but back in S7 I thought there was no way Gwen would save Ryan Sill over Bryana, and look what happened... (and Ryan was much, MUCH worse than Carter is)

Edited by Daillon
1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I saw some people in the YouTube comments calling Marisa overconfident and annoying. 😢 Did anyone else get this vibe from her? 

I think they were talking about her non-singing persona. She can’t help her accent, but she comes off like a minor character on Mob Wives.

• Like 1

NBC posted their primetime lineup through Dec 6th, but all it said for the live shows was "top 17 perform" and "top 17 results". The 4 way KO is listed for next Tuesday though 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I saw some people in the YouTube comments calling Marisa overconfident and annoying. 😢 Did anyone else get this vibe from her? 

What bothered me more was Ryan's nonchalant attitude. Like he sounded nice but put in like no effort. Like YES Ryan give me nothing! lmao. He couldn't match her energy so she's "overconfident." predictable.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, joe14 said:

What bothered me more was Ryan's nonchalant attitude. Like he sounded nice but put in like no effort. Like YES Ryan give me nothing! lmao. He couldn't match her energy so she's "overconfident." predictable.

i get where people are coming from w the overconfident thing, but that's about her personality as a person, not a singer, and honestly, i think she's a really cool person (with an inspiring story!). Just because she has one purported flaw that happens to be shown doesn't mean that she's a bad person or a bad singer, definitely. Every other competitor there has some flaw of their own (most probably worse than mere overconfidence), but it just doesn't get shown on TV. She is an incredible singer, and people need to be able to understand that not only does everyone have their own flaws (perhaps those people's flaws are being overly critical 😳) and that that doesn't affect their singing at all. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, joe14 said:

The thing is, that he didn´t  try to match her energy, that´s just his approach, but I understand why people would be bothered by it , same with Marissa´s full on attack mode.

And seems like people nowadays are able to identify who´s nice and who´s not, who´s cocky and who´s humble, just based on a few minutes of their presence on TV and without having met them personally.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, joe14 said:

When it’s a female minivan doesn’t like, it’s called “poor stage presence.” 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5

just listened to payge. on that last note, it seemed like she was crying or about to cry, and i could see her shaking. an "out of body experience" seems about right to fit it. her vocals weren't super super polished, but i think that gave way to a rawness that was really important for this song in particular. she did an incredible job. i prefer her battle round to this probably, because she showed both polish and emotion, but she was clearly oozing with emotion in this song. loved it!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

When it’s a female minivan doesn’t like, it’s called “poor stage presence.” 

but when the hoot stays in one spot the whole time, it's that he's just being a humble singer, telling his story...

• Like 7

I don’t know what some of you guys are talking about, Payge KILLED it!!!! The artistry and emotion was all there, and while I thought Ryan also had a pretty good performance, Payge’s last note just sold the deal for me. 😃

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know what some of you guys are talking about, Payge KILLED it!!!! The artistry and emotion was all there, and while I thought Ryan also had a pretty good performance, Payge’s last note just sold the deal for me. 😃

Lol what last note??

That was really great from Payge but I was expecting a game changer performance. Her chances of getting a CS from Gwen remain intact though.

Pretty even pairing. My winner is Payge of course but Ryan sounded great as well. 

• Like 2

Although I have only been following this thread for a few weeks, some of the remarks have seemed at times quite sophomoric. I found myself wanting to post responses so much so that I decided to register. It must be said that reading some of the posts has been as entertaining (and often more so) as some performances😀

So I ask my first question. It seems that many find it compelling and for some reason necessary to tear down and ridicule one artist just to support another. Why can't we let the talents of the artists speak for themselves? Cases in point, take the recent diatribes regarding Payge v. Ryan B and Ryan G. v. Marisa. I certainly cannot yet count myself amongst those who are wedded to the show and to this thread, but I was still able to find positives from all 4 artists performances. And why so much venom when I understand that both Ryan B and Marisa will be gone anyway? Thanks.

• Like 1