The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Mia and Tara’s solos aren’t weak. It’s just Jacy that needs to improve. 

Yeah I agree. Their solo lines in their KO just don't allow them to show off their vocal capabilities but that doesn't mean they have "weak solos". Mia proved in the battle against Taryn that she's a very capable vocalist.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Can't wait to see it, even though it will probably get ripped apart by IDF.

i think the opposite on the opinion of IDF, i think that if his performance is up to the song he chose, those who did not like him will change their mind eheh

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I appreciate his music skills, but because I haven’t liked his tone, I don’t enjoy his performances. Tone is a really big thing in listening to music & having people enjoy your performances 

I agree, and whose tone do you like is subjective. John H's tone is one that I enjoy, but I'm sure a lot of people here don't, particularly his higher register. And given that he's doing "All by Myself", thats bound to be on full force. Add the fact that he beat an IDF favorite and because of that she's now on a more competitive team with less chances of advancing. So that's why I expected that KO to not be liked here.

• Like 1

Just now, French20 said:

i think the opposite on the opinion of IDF, i think that if his performance is up to the song he chose, those who did not like him will change their mind eheh

I liked him well enough in Summer Soft, but I just couldn’t get over his tone in Misty... ☹️ IDF won’t be too happy that he beat Cami though... 😅

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

His TONE is polarizing but he is one of the best vocalist to ever come to this show

I actually like John, but you should wait for the lives to start to say this, js.

If you enjoy John, that’s great. But there’s no need to expect people to like/love him. And if you think he’s good, you should keep thinking that without caring what other people think.

• Like 5

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I liked him well enough in Summer Soft, but I just couldn’t get over his tone in Misty... ☹️ IDF won’t be too happy that he beat Cami though... 😅

Agree with you again! His tone on Misty was just so grating to my ears but he toned it down on Summer Soft and I ended up really liking him in that battle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

sincerely, when i saw the song that John was going to perform on the knockouts, i imagined his voice with it and i already had chills afterwards

i may be ultimately disappointed, he may not have succeeded, but I don't hope ahah

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I actually like John, but you should wait for the lives to start to say this, js.

If you enjoy John, that’s great. But there’s no need to expect people to like/love him. And if you think he’s good, you should keep thinking that without caring what other people think.

I didn't say anyone to love him though. But you're right I don't have to care what other people think of him, I like him and that's what's matters the most.

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I almost liked him better than Julia in the battle. 🙂

Ooh I actually liked him quite a bit more than Julia in that battle. While I thought the song fit John's tone, I don't think it fit Julia's at all. She slayed but John H slayed harder imo.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

Ooh I actually liked him quite a bit more than Julia in that battle. While I thought the song fit John's tone, I don't think it fit Julia's at all. She slayed but John H slayed harder imo.

Yeah, the song was better suited for John H. 

8 minutes ago, Daillon said:

why he had to wait for lives for his opinion on John?

he can say that John has the most beautiful voice of the competition considering that the auditions, battles are passed and that we all know the voice of the candidates

There are people who are starting to make rankings on who will win the votes of the public without having seen the lives, and so much the better, it allows to debate 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

All I hope is that John H doesnt start taking the diva train after his KO. I'd preferred if he sticked to jazz, even though I know its not what the audience likes.

I think he knows that jazz is not to the public's taste, and I think it would be a good idea for him to continue to choose songs with loud voices so that each live we are even more impressed than on the live before, otherwise we will get bored quickly

• Like 1

Just now, French20 said:

why he had to wait for lives for his opinion on John?

I think he's saying that we havent heard him live yet. And while everyone in the competition can sing (otherwise they wouldn't have made it in the first place, because this show is hard to get into), we still haven't seen how this season's contestants can sing live with the pressure of being heard across the world in real time. That's why, while I enjoyed several artists from last season, I can't consider them in my top favorites considering they never sang live.

John H is a favorite of mine this season, and he's one that I expect to soar in the lives.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think he's saying that we havent heard him live yet. And while everyone in the competition can sing (otherwise they wouldn't have made it in the first place, because this show is hard to get into), we still haven't seen how this season's contestants can sing live with the pressure of being heard across the world in real time. That's why, while I enjoyed several artists from last season, I can't consider them in my top favorites considering they never sang live.

John H is a favorite of mine this season, and he's one that I expect to soar in the lives.

I said that to say that a lot of people here are starting to give their choice of public vote, so I don't see how absurd it is to say that a candidate has the best voice of the season.

but I agree on the fact that we have to wait for the lives to confirm the favorite candidates or on the contrary, to be disappointed with the favorite candidate we had from the start 🙂

• Like 1