The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Let’s be real Payge doesn’t have a ton of upside with high notes but the way she was hitting the lows was just so pure and emotive. This wasn’t the best vocal I’ve seen but artistry wise and emotion wise, SPOT ON 👏 

Also Ryan surprised me here. He wasn’t amazing but he put up a fight. His biggest issue was enunciation as I couldn’t understand a word he was saying

• Like 3

We stan NBC for pushing the alternative artist for once. ❤️

I don't think it was as groundbreaking as the sources said, but it was still very great!

Ryan was also pretty good, but not at Payge's level. A deserving win from Payge!

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Are we still trying to argue whether John H is good or not? Some people like his tone, others don’t. Just except it! 🙂

I agree his tone is polarizing and he is not for everyone so I'm not arguing that why don't y'all like him because it is so subjective. But no one can argue that objectively John H is one of the best contestants who have ever graced on this show.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Well... I was kind of underwhelmed vocally because Creep was slayed by Kimberly Nichole back on S8

But man Payge KILLED it in the delivery, there's no one so far in this show that's so touching when performing, I felt the pain at that last note

And she's pretty much the one that keeps on intriguing me every round, so I do hope they push for her more to be in Gwen's top 2 😍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Well... I was kind of underwhelmed vocally because Creep was slayed by Kimberly Nichole back on S8

But man Payge KILLED it in the delivery, there's no one so far in this show that's so touching when performing, I felt the pain at that last note

Well yeah Payge doesn’t have the vocal chops that Kimberly had. Payge isn’t even close to the best vocalist this year but I’m rooting for her as she oozes artistry. 

My two favorites even though we haven’t seen much of her are probably Payge and Chloe Hogan. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blirel said:

Payge isn’t even close to the best vocalist this year but I’m rooting for her as she oozes artistry

Yeah this too! She is so original and a breathe of fresh air for me that's why I'm a fan

I also love how she can deeply connect to her song choices so far

• Like 2

The only act I’m really excited for is Worth the Wait. Tamara could impress, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Also, enough with dissing the sources. It’s not their fault you chose to get hyped up by someone’s opinion. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw both Payge's battle and knockout, and loved them. But I was also worried about how both performances would translate to the voice audience. 

Payge isn't the best pure vocalist, but every time she sings she's connected to the emotion and tells a story. For me, I enjoy that more range or runs. Plus frankly, she's in totally her own lane on the show, and we haven't seen a ton of artists like her on the show before. 

I think the best comp is Chloe K (who also btw wasn't the strongest vocalist) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Payge is no Kimberly Nichole (who is, though?) but she KILLED that, my goodness. I'm so happy TPTB is getting behind her - she's been in every premiere and leaked twice, and she's so versatile artistically so I'm hoping she can pull off a PV (since there's a part of me that's still not sure Gwen would save her over Carter or even Larriah if it came down to it). 

Ryan was pretty good and I kind of wish he'd got stolen, but the two coaches I could see him going to are Blake and John and I wouldn't wanna lose out on Sid or Chloe, so losing him is okay by me. Wishing him the best career-wise post show.

• Like 8

I've watched it withoit knowing what the sources have said and I'm impressed. Payge just solidified herself as Gwen's frontrunner, if Larriah or Carter doesn't show up after the moment they had during the battles. I'm team Kelly all the way, but I would be so happy if Gwen won

• Like 3