1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

There have been some great battles this season. John H VS Julia Copper, Sid Kingsley VS Bailey, Payge VS Lauren. But I agree overall thisbis just not the season for battles. I hope the contestants improve A LOT in their KO's.

You’re forgetting Taryn vs. Worth the Wait. 😉 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

You’re forgetting Taryn vs. Worth the Wait. 😉 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

You’re half right. 😉

My bad, I don't know how I forgot that. That was definitely one of the best this season. All of them did great job but Taryn's F6 at the end was everything.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Facts. Vocally it was great but I’m hesitating to find a reason to replay it bc the arrangement just doesn’t fit. It could’ve used at least a better/darker arrangement. Noah and Chloe remain unbothered.

Maybe I should post this in the #unpop thread, but I wasn’t a fan of that one either (mainly for the electronic arrangement, which was weird). The best version of the song in TV (imo) is this one:

That said, I agree that Noah and Chloe > Cami and James.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

I think it is the different stages for me. I feel like battle partners felt more connected when they were on the same stage and interacting. Now it's just two people singing from across the room. It is not compelling to watch. Additionally, the song choices are so bleh as well. Sid vs Bailey, Desz vs. Joseph, and Lauren vs Paige (probably the best for me) have been the only decent ones. Cami vs. James was mediocre and I'll die on this hill lol; shame cause they are among my top 5 auditions. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I think it is the different stages for me. I feel like battle partners felt more connected when they were on the same stage and interacting. Now it's just two people singing from across the room. It is not compelling to watch. Additionally, the song choices are so bleh as well. Sid vs Bailey, Desz vs. Joseph, and Lauren vs Paige (probably the best for me) have been the only decent ones. Cami vs. James was mediocre and I'll die on this hill lol; shame cause they are among my top 5 auditions. 

I personally feel it gives battles a new edge. Lauren and Payge worked really well and imo benefitted from having separate stages. Same with Taryn vs WTW, the energy flowed well from them having their own space. 

Overall, I´ve enjoyed the battles so far, and they have allowed for contestants that may not have been my favorites in the blinds surprise me with them displaying something else there (Lauren, Taryn, Bailey) and solidify some of my favorites (Sid, John H, Payge). Looking forward to Monday and of course the KOs.

• Like 5

Bk1234 spotted this with his keen eye and posted it in the Taryn thread. I don’t know what to make of the 4-way KO, but Taryn has clearly been getting the better TPTB treatment (compared to Ryan), so maybe they want her to go through.  😉 

lZLRq47.png

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Bk1234 spotted this with his keen eye and posted it in the Taryn thread. I don’t know what to make of the 4-way KO, but Taryn has clearly been getting the better TPTB treatment (compared to Ryan), so maybe they want her to go through.  😉 

lZLRq47.png

She has definitely gotten the best treatment out of all the 4 way KO contestants, featured on the first week on both blinds and battles, and opening the latter. And even though Blake clearly chose the song and selected WTW as the winners, the song really allowed Taryn to soar. 

We´ll see what edit they give Larriah and Ryan on their battles on Monday, so we might have an idea of who TPTB is trying to push. 

Once the battles are done, perhaps we can start making some predictions about that. 

• Like 1

Off topic, but I find it interesting that Tanner got the leak, pimp spot and a great edit in his blind, only to be montaged in the battles. With that, I can confirm that they are pushing for Desz in Team Kelly.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Off topic, but I find it interesting that Tanner got the leak, pimp spot and a great edit in his blind, only to be montaged in the battles. With that, I can confirm that they are pushing for Desz in Team Kelly.

I think it's still a tad too soon to call, but I'm definitely leaning more towards Desz being the one TPTB want to win the vote on Team Kelly. I think it's gonna come down to Ryan's battle edit and Tanner's KO treatment, since the former will determine if TPTB consider him a legit contender for the 4-way KO title and the latter should show whether or not TPTB thinks a not-Blake country act is worth the voters' energy. 

If they want an AA woman to win, Desz is their best shot for sure, so she's probably going to get some pimping (too soon to call a TCO, but I think she could be it)

However, I don't see her winning. For now I will predict that the person who gets the PV in Team Blake will take the crown.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If they want an AA woman to win, Desz is their best shot for sure, so she's probably going to get some pimping (too soon to call a TCO, but I think she could be it)

However, I don't see her winning. For now I will predict that the person who gets the PV in Team Blake will take the crown.

I don't see her winning either, but I'm really starting to think she will be Kelly's last contestant standing. Of course KOs could change everything, this is just what I'm thinking as of now.

In other teams, Tamara needs her KO to return to form after her weak battle, John H. has been controversial during both rounds so far, so we'll see how the audience reacts to his KO considering he is ditching jazz and is going full diva.

Just a reminder...Terrence Cunningham had dominant social media stats up until he was eliminated. I think he dominated iTunes too, for his blind and battle, at least. John gives me strong Terrence vibes. It’s a good thing for him he doesn’t have much viable competition on his team. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Is it true The Voice is having a holiday celebration? I saw on Futon Critic it has an episode on Thursday December 3rd. 

That was the rumor, and confirmed in this press release

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020/11/13/nbc-brings-good-cheer-to-the-holidays-with-array-of-festive-programming-411110/20201113nbc02/

The Voice Holiday Celebration

· Thursday, Dec. 3, 8-9 p.m. (repeat Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 22 at 8 p.m.)

· An array of "Voice" coaches past and present, some music superstars and many beloved artists from the "Voice" family perform holiday classics and popular modern favorites. Plus, Season 19 coaches, Blake, Kelly, John and Gwen share some of their favorite holiday traditions and memories.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Facts. Vocally it was great but I’m hesitating to find a reason to replay it bc the arrangement just doesn’t fit. It could’ve used at least a better/darker arrangement. Noah and Chloe remain unbothered.

and the sad thing is that james and cami have the potential to reach at least close to where noah and chloe were on this song, but the arrangement held them back

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Just a reminder...Terrence Cunningham had dominant social media stats up until he was eliminated. I think he dominated iTunes too, for his blind and battle, at least. John gives me strong Terrence vibes. It’s a good thing for him he doesn’t have much viable competition on his team. 

i get davon/trevine vibes from him vocally, but i can see how john and terrence might have the same "gimmicky" voice vibe. i think that terrence's downfall also came from his strong team, as you implied, so i would guess that john will at least be in john's top 2.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

lZLRq47.png

very interesting that they showed only one member of the battle pairing, and that too, the "loser." this is looking good for taryn's 4-way ko chances

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i get davon/trevine vibes from him vocally, but i can see how john and terrence might have the same "gimmicky" voice vibe. i think that terrence's downfall also came from his strong team, as you implied, so i would guess that john will at least be in john's top 2.

Terrence peaked in the blinds and never was able to top that moment, that´s something people take in account when voting as well. And yes, Alicia´s strong team also prevented him from advancing. He would have been an easy PV on Team Adam. 

With John, I don´t think he has reached his peak yet (his KO apparently was a big moment for him), and he showed more versatility in the battle, not solely relying on his huge range, but also starting soft and exploring different textures of his voice, as opposed to his blind (even though I loved it as well). Not to mention that with John eliminating both Cami and Sid, he has much less competition. Tamara is  not that well liked, Bailey was  crushed by a non country guy,and Julia is DOA in the 4 way KO, and Chloé is not the type of artists people go for (See Oliv Blu). So John H. is not loved by Minivan, but out of Legend´s team, he seems the most viable option to get a PV. 

I think that Sid would have gotten the PV had he continued on Team Legend. Damn John´s ego.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1