The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Am I the only one who felt it was a little underwhelming? It was good, but I felt Cami could have done a lot more. I preferred Noah and Chloe’s version. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe it will grow on me as I listen to it more and more. 😊

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

Just now, French20 said:

the days go by quickly and we arrive very very quickly at KOs for John H 🥰

KOs start tuesday? 

Yep, but I think he might be on next Monday since he is paired against Cami and her battle airs this Monday, and I don´t think they would want to air 2 performances by the same contestants in the same week.

I´m betting on the Desz vs Sid KO definitely being this Tuesday though, and probably closing.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, but I think he might be on next Monday since he is paired against Cami and her battle airs this Monday, and I don´t think they would want to air 2 performances by the same contestants in the same week.

I´m betting on the Desz vs Sid KO definitely being this Tuesday though, and probably closing.

yes i think John H knockout will be next Monday because they won't put Cami two days in a row, but i think the knockouts will start on Tuesday

they had already done it it seems to me in a season to put 2-3 performances of KO the day after the last battles,  no? 🤔

1 hour ago, Dany said:

Pretty even battle. On paper the song favored Cami, but this particular arrangement allowed James' energetic style to survive this performance. Without this many harmonies, Cami's tone would've destroyed him.

Don't know what to expect on the app but since both were well received in the binds, so this is gonna be pretty good indicator of America's preferences. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Am I the only one who felt it was a little underwhelming? It was good, but I felt Cami could have done a lot more. I preferred Noah and Chloe’s version. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe it will grow on me as I listen to it more and more. 😊

i too felt it was underwhelming. however, i think that might have been because cami didn't get too much time to sing alone. their harmonies were beautiful but i think that hearing more of her pure voice alone would have been nice.

• Like 3

I assume they'll frontload the first episode of KOs. Desz/Sid is basically a lock and every other knockout that ended in a steal is definitely pushed for the next week.

I don't think they'd have a problem airing Cami night to night if she wasn't stolen because we'll see many battles on Monday so it's pretty unlikely not one of those people will get their KO on Tuesday

I'd say they'll put Payge vs Ryan (both did great and it seems they genuinely want to push for Payge) and also Jim vs JusJon/Bailey vs Lauren. They'll want to show something country or at least adjacent to it to please Minivan. I don't think they'd leave Blake out of the premiere so I'm more leaning towards Jim vs JusJon

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

it was, as the chyron said, Beautiful, and as Gwen said, Stylized, but IMHO, the singing was completely divorced from the lyrics.  There’s no way you’d know from listening to that version that the song is about someone sad and desperate about being deceived in a relationship.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

i too felt it was underwhelming. however, i think that might have been because cami didn't get too much time to sing alone. their harmonies were beautiful but i think that hearing more of her pure voice alone would have been nice.

Thank you for bringing this up! I didn’t get to hear a lot of the intricacies in her voice  in her battle. 🙁

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

it was, as the chyron said, Beautiful, and as Gwen said, Stylized, but IMHO, the singing was completely divorced from the lyrics.  There’s no way you’d know from listening to that version that the song is about someone sad and desperate about being deceived in a relationship.

Precisely why I preferred Noah and Chloe’s version. 

12 minutes ago, antikid said:

I assume they'll frontload the first episode of KOs. Desz/Sid is basically a lock and every other knockout that ended in a steal is definitely pushed for the next week.

I don't think they'd have a problem airing Cami night to night if she wasn't stolen because we'll see many battles on Monday so it's pretty unlikely not one of those people will get their KO on Tuesday

I'd say they'll put Payge vs Ryan (both did great and it seems they genuinely want to push for Payge) and also Jim vs JusJon/Bailey vs Lauren. They'll want to show something country or at least adjacent to it to please Minivan. I don't think they'd leave Blake out of the premiere so I'm more leaning towards Jim vs JusJon

Yeah, but they are more likely to leave Gwen out of the premiere more than John, since they love pimping his pairings in the taped performances. So they might include Tamara vs Casme, since you know, they are trying to push for Tamara by putting her in every premiere so far, and because her battle left sort of a sour taste in people´s mouths, they might release her apparently much better KO for them to like her.

And yes, country is most likely to be included. Remember that in that tiny little KO premiere episode we had in S17, Jake Hoot pretty much won the competition with that performance. So we´re bound to get a Blake pairing since he has nearly all the country now.

So I´m thinking for Tuesday:

Jim vs JusJon

Tamara vs Casme

Desz vs Sid (steal)

22 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, but they are more likely to leave Gwen out of the premiere more than John, since they love pimping his pairings in the taped performances. So they might include Tamara vs Casme, since you know, they are trying to push for Tamara by putting her in every premiere so far, and because her battle left sort of a sour taste in people´s mouths, they might release her apparently much better KO for them to like her.

And yes, country is most likely to be included. Remember that in that tiny little KO premiere episode we had in S17, Jake Hoot pretty much won the competition with that performance. So we´re bound to get a Blake pairing since he has nearly all the country now.

So I´m thinking for Tuesday:

Jim vs JusJon

Tamara vs Casme

Desz vs Sid (steal)

Idk about Tamara, while I do believe her knockout was good, I don't see them having three powerhouse divas on a one hour episode, especially her and Desz who had a somewhat similar journey

Guesses for Tuesday's KOs: 

1. A Team Blake KO (either with or without a steal) is a pretty typical opener - Jim vs. JusJon is my guess since Ian and James are both in Monday's battle round episode and WTW vs. Ben ends in a steal.
  2. Gwen's the most likely to be left out of the premiere since she has the most Monday battles - John should be on Monday and likely won't be one that ends in a steal. While Tamara vs. Casme is a good guess, I don't think they'll go the same episode as the likely closer given a similar lane between the winners of both KOs (though since Tamara has been in the premiere of both rounds so far, it's not off the table).  That's the big reason I'm putting Bailey vs. Lauren over them, especially because both artists were in the premiere for battles instead of back-to-back episodes like Casme would be. 
  3. A steal (especially a multi-steal) generally closes the first bout of KOs and only one of the KOs this year fits the bill - Desz vs. Sid is the likeliest closer,

Alternatives:

• Tamara vs. Casme - it's possible given Tamara's been in the premiere of both rounds so far, but not as likely since Desz is also nearly certain to be in the episode and Tamara and Desz technically share a lane.
  • Payge vs. Ryan B. - if any of Gwen's KOs go on the premiere, this should be it since Joseph vs. Van seems likely to be montaged and Carter vs. Chloe ends in a steal. Side note - this would also put Payge in the premiere of all three rounds.

Just realized Team Legend opened 4 out of 5 blind auditions and closed 3 out of 5 blind auditions, and 2 battles.

Team Kelly closed 2 blind auditions and opened a battle round

Team Blake opened a blind audition and one battle round

Team Gwen hasn’t gotten any pimpage from TPTB aside from the leaking of Lauren and Payge’s battle, but that’s not even enough. They’re gonna montaged 2 of her battles.

• Sad 1

I just finally came back to IDF after some days off cuz life happens and WOW, Cami and James' battle was beautiful, I really liked the different arrangement though I agree it didn't conveyed the right emotions for the song, I still enjoyed tho and though it was beautiful, VERY very even but I guess I lean a bit more for Cami, her tone is beautiful and I can't wait to see more of her

Edited by moonlighty
4 hours ago, antikid said:

I agree with all the logic here. I think Desz vs Sid is the likeliest with Jim vs JusJon being the second. Payge vs Ryan is iffy, as Gwen will have the most pairings in the last battles episode, so Bailey vs Lauren is probably just as likely, but the Payge stan in me is greedy and wants to hear her KO.