The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, jus.vshn said:

I would’ve definitely preferred Ryan and Liam to be montaged over Kelsie and Emilie 

I can see why, but imo Kelsie vs Emmalee didn't have a great song choice and the clip didn't sound all that great either. And if they WERE montaged, poor Gwen, she would only get 2 full battles.

• Like 1

I find it really bad how  people enjoy Ryan G mostly because of he's looks. I said before and continue to state that he's my favorite competitor this season. I don't feel atracted to him AT ALL, but I love his tone and I tend to enjoy operatic vocals in my day to day listenings. I loved the opera singer from the previous season too and I wish she would have stayed in this lane. 

And I 'm pretty much a sucker for the "will they won't they" with Kelly. I'm rooting for them to at least have a thing, the girl deserves it. 

But anyway, Marisa did kick him A LOT. And she's amazing too, I didn't wished she would leave during the KO's. 

And if Ryan G doesn't win... I'm rooting for Taryn, I love country female power houses. 

PS: It's amazing how much I sound like a minivan.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I loved the opera singer from the previous season too and I wish she would have stayed in this lane. 

Yeah, I wish Kelly gave her more songs that are in her wheelhouse, which is opera 😔 her country song did not really do her any favors during the live rounds

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

If he wasn't attractive, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be receiving half of the hype he is actually receiving, even if he had the exactly same voice

I just rewatched it. Of course, he got destroyed by Marissa, but he still has some good parts. One thing we did learn is that he has a weak lower register, and probably a limited range overall.  Does he perform in actual operas? My guess is most professional opera singers would chew him up, and spit him out. 

But, he will probably win the KO. I’m not basing it on app percentages, and such, because those can vary depending on the opponent, the song choice, etc. Cedrice had the highest steal percentage ever, yet couldn’t get votes when they counted. I’m basing it on minivan’s over the top reaction to this mediocre performance, where he got kicked around for two minutes by a superior vocalist. He might even win the show at this point. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

Also, Ryan added Sid to his IG live after his battle and Sid was saying that Kelly "wants" him and they were just talking about that for a bit. It seems like Ryan is aware of people shipping him and Kelly, and maybe its mutual? Should be interesting to see their relationship as he continues to move forward!

1 minute ago, Carlos3500 said:

Also I might've just missed this, but can someone add in some of the comments that the sources gave on the 4-way KO? I want to know if i should prepare myself for heartbreak haha

I'm pretty sure the feedback was just that they were all good.

Also, Ryan added Sid to his IG live after his battle and Sid was saying that Kelly "wants" him and they were just talking about that for a bit. It seems like Ryan is aware of people shipping him and Kelly, and maybe its mutual? Should be interesting to see their relationship as he continues to move forward!

shipping real life people is gross period, and it's extremely insensitive given that kelly is in the middle of what is becoming an extremely messy (and surely heartbreaking) divorce

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

Also I might've just missed this, but can someone add in some of the comments that the sources gave on the 4-way KO? I want to know if i should prepare myself for heartbreak haha

The general consensus was that they all were good. I remember someone here saying that Julia was their favorite, but they knew she has no chance because of her song choice.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, juanrene said:

If Ryan G. went with Blake instead of Kelly, do you think he will be getting past the Battle and Knockout Rounds? or will it be the same (Blake saving Ryan to go up against 3 other people on the 4-way knockouts)?

Well... that would be weird as hell 😂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, juanrene said:

If Ryan G. went with Blake instead of Kelly, do you think he will be getting past the Battle and Knockout Rounds? or will it be the same (Blake saving Ryan to go up against 3 other people on the 4-way knockouts)?

yeah, although i think ryan g. would have gotten stolen in the battles though, not saved.

4 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

Where is this IG Live? I can't miss my two faves! I only saw the one where he talked to Marisa.

5 minutes ago, juanrene said:

I mean, Blake himself knew that Ryan G. belonged in Kelly´s team, so given that the coaches often talk about steals pre-show, I´m pretty sure he would have let Ryan go for Kelly to swoop him up. But then again, she wouldn´t have been able to steal Sid, so, either way, I´m happy things turned out that way since Ryan also has a good shot at winning the KO.

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

shipping real life people is gross period, and it's extremely insensitive given that kelly is in the middle of what is becoming an extremely messy (and surely heartbreaking) divorce

And the fans keep doing it. Speaking about Sid, hopefully he´s tomorrow, I can´t wait to see him attack the hell out of "Make it Rain"

• Like 2

Also, I'm rewatching Carter and Larriah's battle, and I just realized that based off of all of the support that Larriah got, if Gwen had chosen her I feel like she could've been a real threat! She's young, super talented, and her bond with Gwen could've been something that either got her PV or CS. Hopefully she makes it past the KO

• Like 3

It's not fair. First some people said Ryan is such a great vocalist and hyped him so much(While he is not THAT GREAT VOCALSIT) and now the same people are saying he isn't THAT GREAT OF A VOCALIST.

I said it way before he is not a Mandi Thomas type of opera singer. He only uses his Chest Voice while Marisa can over power him with her Mixed Voice. But everyone hyped him and now they're pretending to be disappointed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

Woah, as I rewatch carter and larriah's battle yet again, I realized that Larriah sounds A LOT like Anaya from last season! the same runs and vocal range! Also a similar age

EXACTLY, but maybe Larriah have a larger range than Anaya, and she sings cleaner than Anaya

• Like 4

Okay I promise this is that last post that I'll make about this, but I literally can't stop listening to Carter and Larriah's battle. I thought Cami and James had the best battle tonight (maybe even Ryan and Marissa), but now I know for sure that the first one was the best. It is also performing the best on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube! I hope this gives Larriah some momentum for the 4-way KO. I feel like she's less polarizing than the other 3 so hopefully that'll help her

Edited by Carlos3500
  • Like 1

Okay I promise this is that last post that I'll make about this, but I literally can't stop listening to Carter and Larriah's battle. I thought Cami and James had the best battle tonight (maybe even Ryan and Marissa), but now I know for sure that the first one was the best. It is also performing the best on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube! I hope this gives Larriah some momentum for the 4-way KO. I feel like she's less polarizing than the other 3 so hopefully that'll help her

Larriah is at a disadvantage here though. Her song choice is good but it is not the type of song to give that "WOW" moment. The only reason Michael pulled it off last time is because the others flopped, Samantha was good but it is not really good competition wise

It will really come down to Taryn and Ryan

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Larriah is at a disadvantage here though. Her song choice is good but it is not the type of song to give that "WOW" moment. The only reason Michael pulled it off last time is because the others flopped, Samantha was good but it is not really good competition wise

It will really come down to Taryn and Ryan

Honestly, I'm Team Larriah now. She was fantastic and seemed to be the rightful winner of her battle. Ryan still seems like the most likely winner but man, all 4 of the contestants deserve a spot based on their battles. In the very hypothetical situation that Larriah wins the 4-way, I'd LOVE to see her (in an even more hypothetical situation) snag Gwen's PV somehow and force Gwen to pick Payge instead of Carter.

The 4 contestants in the 4-way are each better than at least one knockout winner from their team so the fact that only 1 of them gets to make it through is disappointing.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1