The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

The beginning of the Play offs episode

Yeah, but Michael revealed that he won previous to the playoffs, he screenshoted a post congratulating him for winning the 4 way KO, thus we knew what to expect. If Taryn wins I could see her do the same lol.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, but Michael revealed that he won previous to the playoffs, he screenshoted a post congratulating him for winning the 4 way KO, thus we knew what to expect. If Taryn wins I could see her do the same lol.

She doesn’t keep secrets very well, so if she wins, we will know. There will probably be not so subtle hints dropped all week. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

He’ll probably sing country songs to take advantage of the popularity of the genre with the audience.

Does he consider himself to be a country artist? 

To be honest... I’ve mostly heard worship music but he sings all kinds of stuff when he plays around town

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yep, they are big fans of country music and that´s why the country artists, particularly the male ones are more likely to advance on the show over artists of other genres. It´s not always the case, but it´s the majority of the time. They are all over Facebook.

When I say he´s not enough country for Minivan I´m saying that he doesn´t fit the usual type of country artists they like on the show (cowboy hat, beard, southern, twangy vocals), his voice is actually more versatile than that, but is not usually what Minivan likes. And yes, I´ve seen him sing "Mary Did you Know" on Youtube and he NAILS that song, it shows he has a huge range, if he sings that on the show he could gain a ton of more support.

I hope he does 

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I think part of the reasoning (not claiming to speak for anyone else) people may see him as less "country" is the fact that he currently resides in California even if he's originally from Arkansas and that his singing style isn't particularly "twangy" or nasal the way a lot of people perceive country musicians to normally be. He's got a great voice and I'd love to see him let loose on a song that'd let him do that, but his reception elsewhere has been lukewarm which worries me for his sake (even though I've said before that I like other teammates of his better, it's still hard to watch people work hard to chase their dreams and get cut).

Hahah... Bakersfield is referred to as the Texas of Cali ... but Jim is def not cowboy hat and boots.... jeans and shirts yes... he’s chill and we love him

4 minutes ago, Tawne C said:

To be honest... I’ve mostly heard worship music but he sings all kinds of stuff when he plays around town

He sounded more like a blues singer to me in his battle, but I don’t doubt he can mix it up. He probably doesn’t identify with any particular genre, but he’ll sing country on the show for votes. We see it all the time on this show. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They had an extra week between knockouts and lives last year. That said I’m sure they’ll know ahead of time because they have to rehearse 

13 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Watch everyone vouch for Larriah after her KILLER battle

I´m looking forward to see her battle and see how she is recieved by the public there. Depending on how she does there, we perhaps may have a 3rd contender for the 4 way KO.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

He sounded more like a blues singer to me in his battle, but I don’t doubt he can mix it up. He probably doesn’t identify with any particular genre, but he’ll sing country on the show for votes. We see it all the time on this show. 

Yeah, Jim could definitely cover some blues. I wonder if he plays lead guitar too.

I don’t know if the 4 way knockout winner will know earlier whether they won or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a wildcard-type reveal where the 4 way knockout contestants are on the stage at the beginning of the playoffs and Carson reveals who won. Idk if it’s unrealistic but seeing their genuine reaction would be cool lol

10 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I don’t know if the 4 way knockout winner will know earlier whether they won or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a wildcard-type reveal where the 4 way knockout contestants are on the stage at the beginning of the playoffs and Carson reveals who won. Idk if it’s unrealistic but seeing their genuine reaction would be cool lol

they have to prep for POs though, right? it would be just cruel for them to all do so and then not get to perform

Maybe they'll reveal the winner to the contestants virtually during the week and then just air it on the show (they could also post it on social media earlier too if they want). Then they'll have more time to fly them in and prep for PO's. Especially with covid, I highly doubt they'd fly them in just to tell them they're going home

As someone who saw the 4 way knockout, It's kinda a shame to see 3 of them go.  I personally think on a normal season they are all strong enough to make it to the playoffs.  If there wasn't covid, I think this season would be a normal length like Season 17 and they would all be paired in regular knockouts.  

This is a VERY STRONG TOP 16, but all of these guys have been stronger than a few of them (J Soul, Worth the Wait) 

Hopefully they'll let 2 people go through instead of one......

Just now, katybay said:

As someone who saw the 4 way knockout, It's kinda a shame to see 3 of them go.  I personally think on a normal season they are all strong enough to make it to the playoffs.  If there wasn't covid, I think this season would be a normal length like Season 17 and they would all be paired in regular knockouts.  

This is a VERY STRONG TOP 16, but all of these guys have been stronger than a few of them (J Soul, Worth the Wait) 

9 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That's an impossibility unfortunately :/

Could've swapped out Ben and Joseph for either though.

I´m preparing for the following reactions in IDF: Tanner beating Marisa and Ben getting stolen. If it happens the same night we´ll get a double meltdown lol.

Although I agree, I would have loved if both Taryn and Ryan moved on. Last season we had an easy winner in the 4 way KO, I mean, the other ones had no chance , this one looks like it´s going to be a nail biter.

2 hours ago, katybay said:

I hope they give Liarrah a good edit, enough to boost her up for a fighting chance to beat Taryn and Ryan. Liarrah is my personal favorite of the 3 

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m preparing for the following reactions in IDF: Tanner beating Marisa and Ben getting stolen. If it happens the same night we´ll get a double meltdown lol.

Also Can you imagine the Meltdown here when John H will beat Cami? IDF is definitely gonna give a lot of hate to John H

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Also Can you imagine the Meltdown here when John H will beat Cami? IDF is definitely gonna give a lot of hate to John H

i don't think so. john is good too and people know that, even if they don't like his tone.

The whole saves have to sing in a 4 way KO thing annoys me. I much preferred the comeback artist, and them getting to sing equally for a spot. And that allowed the coaches to hear everyone and make an informed decision. 

Or at least the old save, where they got to compete in regular KO 

• Like 4